BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:32:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Psuedo-trunking is actually different across the brands. Motorola's was their first form of trunking as there is not control channel but it's still extremely popular. Hytera's operates in a Tier II environment. Simoco's does as well. Simoco looked at offering a Cap Plus like psuedo-trunking but for the price you can get into Tier III with Simoco cheaper than you can get Cap Plus through Motorola. I might also add, Simoco's control and management is just about the coolest thing I've gone around and unplugged (it automatically asses when repeaters go down and re-organized the trunk setup accordingly).

As of yet...Hytera's Tier III doesn't work. They've been trying to support a local shop (who is a Tait, Hytera and Simoco dealer) who purchased a Tier III Simoco system (Hytera couldn't beat the dealer cost). They've been working for about 6 weeks and they still can't get the Hytera's to affiliate.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg586/zap_uh_lack/Mobile%20Uploads/459AD6BC-585A-4A82-B75C-D6EB92846343_zpsoaqbzwha.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unfortunately, haven't tested it to find out. I doubt it though. Hytera's CP is called "Pesudo-Trunking" and I'm willing to bet both systems are proprietary.

Will they work with Cap Plus?

Psuedo-trunking is actually different across the brands. Motorola's was their first form of trunking as there is not control channel but it's still extremely popular. Hytera's operates in a Tier II environment. Simoco's does as well. Simoco looked at offering a Cap Plus like psuedo-trunking but for the price you can get into Tier III with Simoco cheaper than you can get Cap Plus through Motorola. I might also add, Simoco's control and management is just about the coolest thing I've gone around and unplugged (it automatically asses when repeaters go down and re-organized the trunk setup accordingly).

As of yet...Hytera's Tier III doesn't work. They've been trying to support a local shop (who is a Tait, Hytera and Simoco dealer) who purchased a Tier III Simoco system (Hytera couldn't beat the dealer cost). They've been working for about 6 weeks and they still can't get the Hytera's to affiliate.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg586/zap_uh_lack/Mobile%20Uploads/459AD6BC-585A-4A82-B75C-D6EB92846343_zpsoaqbzwha.jpg

So is a tier 3 system form sirocco trunking?

Never mind I found the answer.

https://www.simocogroup.com/products-and-technologies/digital-mobile-radio-dmr/dmr-tiers
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:03:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Nice.

And the color helps you remember what to say when you hear someone call you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Nice.

And the color helps you remember what to say when you hear someone call you.

Gotta love fire safety yellow.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:05:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

https://www.simocogroup.com/products-and-technologies/digital-mobile-radio-dmr/dmr-tiers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unfortunately, haven't tested it to find out. I doubt it though. Hytera's CP is called "Pesudo-Trunking" and I'm willing to bet both systems are proprietary.

Will they work with Cap Plus?

Motorola is coming out with something for TRBO that will be tier 3.

Now, if only they would give us the ability to make TRBO sound as good as P25 Phase 2.... (ok... the potential is there but with all the shit radios it's impossible to do.)
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 5:40:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Any other APX guys in here?

New firmware for the line is out and finally they enabled conventional RSSI... Definitely a nice feature!
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

New firmware for the line is out and finally they enabled conventional RSSI... Definitely a nice feature!
View Quote

I wish I could afford APX series.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 6:57:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Full duplex communications with dual channel party line, private channels and call light.

Dual channel digital wireless mics...

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 8:06:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I wish, homie.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 8:11:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd like one, but I'd rather pay rent for most of a year

Is it possible to pull the 900 MHz bandsplit into the ham range?
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 11:21:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I would play but I'm too busy planning antenna swaps for two of my Quantar sites while trying to sell two additional Quantars to pay for it all.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The price on them has come down a lot. Much more reasonable now...

As far as 900 goes on a 4000 series radio is a no go. The band splits in the APX series are hard coded into the firmware. So there is not currently a way to flex the band splits like you could on previous radios.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 10:09:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I would play but I'm too busy planning antenna swaps for two of my Quantar sites while trying to sell two additional Quantars to pay for it all.
View Quote

I would say that's a good reason! Quality antennas are not cheap!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top