Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/27/2016 5:30:09 PM EDT

Let's get a rag chew going for the finer things in life.

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 5:47:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Motorola snob checking in.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 5:49:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Motorola and Simoco...maybe Tait.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Go Codan or go home.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:47:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Johnson.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Tait repeater in stasis
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Motorola snob checking in. XTS5000 in UHF and VHF flavors, MCS2000 in UHF and VHF flavors, and an old MTS2000 that scans public safety freqs.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#7]
You Motorola guys, you wouldn't happen to have some programming software that would work with a DP 3400?
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:35:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You Motorola guys, you wouldn't happen to have some programming software that would work with a DP 3400?
View Quote

I got nothing for MotoTRBO class.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:50:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I need to get a more recent picture, I have about twice as many radios now.

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:50:11 PM EDT
[#10]
If we are saying what equipment wise....

4 XTL (VHF and 7/800), 2 XPR 4550 (UHF), APX 7000 (V/7/8), XTS 5000 (7/800), XTS 3000 (UHF), XPR 7550 (UHF), MTX 9250 (900), MCS 2000 (900), MT1000 (VHF), Syntor 9000 (low band)

I think that's everything. I might have a problem...
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 12:45:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about chu, Phurba?

With all those Moto's you must have some programming software.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 12:57:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How about chu, Phurba?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about chu, Phurba?

Nope, I don't have any of the Donkey Punch series
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:28:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I won a Moto HT-1000 VHF 16 ch thru a challenge in our local ARES group.

So I snagged a second one from ebay and had them both programmed the same

A few repeaters, a few simplex ham, USCG 16 & 22 and some MURS freqs.

Great rigs! Solid as a brick. Wife & I use em all the time.

We're both extra class but I have the MURS for a workmate that's not licensed.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:31:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about chu, Phurba?

am I wrong in assuming that the mototrbo cps won't do these? Everything else looks at least close to my XPR

and I guess I can post in here also.... Saber (UHF), Astro Saber (VHF), 2x M1225s (UHF), XPR6550(UHF)...........Bunch of junk in the basement also
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:51:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

am I wrong in assuming that the mototrbo cps won't do these? Everything else looks at least close to my XPR

and I guess I can post in here also.... Saber (UHF), Astro Saber (VHF), 2x M1225s (UHF), XPR6550(UHF)...........Bunch of junk in the basement also
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about chu, Phurba?

It is still MotoTRBO CPS but a different region. The North American (AA) version won't program it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:49:51 AM EDT
[#16]
My first proper mobile rig was a Kenwood LMR TK7102h with four channels and a high noise environment type mike.  I had low audio reports until I learned to hold it mustache close. It worked quite well in the mobile though as it never caught any wind noise.  The chassis looked exactly like the TM271a that I bought next.  It only covers the upper portion of 2m. The part it covers though is the part you use for 2m FM.  

Dead simple, rock steady and rugged.  The main gripe I have with LMR rigs is the programming.  I hate to steal software off the web.  Chirp now programs this rig.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:50:48 AM EDT
[#17]
TK-3180. I also have a TK-2180 that I am waiting on an antenna for.

I have been thinking about trying some /\/\ XTS or maybe HT1250.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:56:40 AM EDT
[#18]
I just might have to pick up a few of the Motorola's.

What should I get?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:56:51 AM EDT
[#19]
I bought four Icom F30s last month, can I hang out?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 12:12:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It is still MotoTRBO CPS but a different region. The North American (AA) version won't program it.
View Quote

ahhhhh

got it
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 12:29:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
TK-3180. I also have a TK-2180 that I am waiting on an antenna for.

I have been thinking about trying some /\/\ XTS or maybe HT1250.
View Quote

Give an XTS 2500 or 5000 a shot. They are solid radios. Plus you get P25 if you ever want to play with that. The 1250 is a good radio but the XTS is definitely worlds better.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 12:31:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

ahhhhh

got it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ahhhhh

got it

Different regions have different feature sets... For instance the Asian version of the XPR 2.0 line comes with full FPP...
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:10:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Anyone running Quantar Site Connect?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:26:01 PM EDT
[#24]
My new toy has a date with CPS...

I don't know if that came out right! Great deal off the eBay; now, to figure out how to wire it up to my new '03 Tundra!
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:15:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am in the process of getting this set up on my VHF quantar (with a factory V.24 daughter card, since we are snobbing in this thread )
I believe Dave changed the name to "P25 Network Exchange" and has a website up at p25nx.net...Im really looking forward to getting on line with it.

...oh and APX7500 O3 V/7/8 in the car and APX7000 V/U portable
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:11:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I am in the process of getting this set up on my VHF quantar (with a factory V.24 daughter card, since we are snobbing in this thread )
I believe Dave changed the name to "P25 Network Exchange" and has a website up at p25nx.net...Im really looking forward to getting on line with it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice! Yeah, I know about the name change. I am setting up a quantar at the house tonight to play with it before it goes live in a more permanent spot.

And since we'er being Moto snobs. The linked Quantars are nice because there aren't any cheap chicom shit radios on it!!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:05:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Nice! Yeah, I know about the name change. I am setting up a quantar at the house tonight to play with it before it goes live in a more permanent spot.

And since we'er being Moto snobs. The linked Quantars are nice because there aren't any cheap chicom shit radios on it!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AMEN!  I run my Quantar in ASTRO only for exactly this reason.  Once I get my duplexer back from the shop and am up and running on the network we will have to schedule a p25nx qso.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:56:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

AMEN!  I run my Quantar in ASTRO only for exactly this reason.  Once I get my duplexer back from the shop and am up and running on the network we will have to schedule a p25nx qso.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like a plan! Let me know if you need any help getting things setup.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:39:36 AM EDT
[#29]
I can finally say I am a commercial snob, picked up 2 Astro Saber Model 1's in VHF with Securenet Encryption, 2 Astro Saber Model 1's in UHF and thanks to Zap a Astro Saber Model 3 in UHF. Nice Vertex VXR7000 repeater as well.

Also have 3 PM-400's, Vertex 210A, (2) 351 portables, Some Maxon 4450's as well as rebuilding a Moto MX-350 portable, all in UHF.

Also since working the new job I have access to some MTX's, MCS2000's, Desktracs and Consolletes. Actually we have some Maxar's, Moxy's, Maxar 80's, Mocom's and other trunk units as well as some GE's and old RCA trunks. Way to much time or money to restore those.

Goal is to snag some older vintage gear, but in working order just to have.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:53:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I can finally say I am a commercial snob, picked up 2 Astro Saber Model 1's in VHF with Securenet Encryption, 2 Astro Saber Model 1's in UHF and thanks to Zap a Astro Saber Model 3 in UHF. Nice Vertex VXR7000 repeater as well.

Also have 3 PM-400's, Vertex 210A, (2) 351 portables, Some Maxon 4450's as well as rebuilding a Moto MX-350 portable, all in UHF.

Also since working the new job I have access to some MTX's, MCS2000's, Desktracs and Consolletes. Actually we have some Maxar's, Moxy's, Maxar 80's, Mocom's and other trunk units as well as some GE's and old RCA trunks. Way to much time or money to restore those.

View Quote

TLF knows where those VHF Model 1's came from (libertyhillguy).They hang out on a regular basis...
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

TLF knows where those VHF Model 1's came from (libertyhillguy).They hang out on a regular basis...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I programmed them for MURS, itinerant and some local fire and county PD's. I was able to get P25 rocking on a couple freqs on simplex. Shop has a VHF Hi repeater I should program up. Still haven't programmed the UHF girls with P25, not doing something right :(

We do have a slew of 800 /\/\otorola MCS 2000 and Syntors plus some Mostar (yuck).

I wouldn't mind knowing the history on those VHF Sabers someday.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:05:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I programmed them for MURS, itinerant and some local fire and county PD's. I was able to get P25 rocking on a couple freqs on simplex. Shop has a VHF Hi repeater I should program up. Still haven't programmed the UHF girls with P25, not doing something right :(

We do have a slew of 800 /\/\otorola MCS 2000 and Syntors plus some Mostar (yuck).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are the UHF radios flashed for P25? If they aren't then that's easy to solve. FDB Tool is your friend when it comes to Astro Spectra/Saber/XTS 3000 radios.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:55:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Are the UHF radios flashed for P25? If they aren't then that's easy to solve. FDB Tool is your friend when it comes to Astro Spectra/Saber/XTS 3000 radios.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe so, at least that was stated from the place I bought 2 model 1's from, the other one I got from Colin, his Model 3 so I know it was set. I will have to look up the flashport data, I think at BatLabs they list the various meanings of the flashport, on back it reads 1000040000004
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:04:49 AM EDT
[#34]
If the flashcode starts with a 1 or 5, then it is flashed for P25. You can do a full lookup on http://www.akardam.net/moto/tools/decode4.pl

• Q806: ASTRO IMBE Digital Operation

• H37: SmartNet Systems Operation

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:52:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If the flashcode starts with a 1 or 5, then it is flashed for P25. You can do a full lookup on http://www.akardam.net/moto/tools/decode4.pl

View Quote

Yep, actually it's the same flashcode as the M3 I picked up from ZapZap, so it's now on me to figure out how to be a man a program it right

Thanks for the link, I will keep that handy, since we have quite a few Moto's that I need to decipher when we put them up for sale.

Much thanks again. This is why I am a fan of ARFCOM
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:37:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yep, actually it's the same flashcode as the M3 I picked up from ZapZap, so it's now on me to figure out how to be a man a program it right

Thanks for the link, I will keep that handy, since we have quite a few Moto's that I need to decipher when we put them up for sale.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you need any help let me know.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:11:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TLF, will do, I may PM you soon, if I run into issue trying to program some simplex P25 channels. I probably should print out the VHF units and see what the differences are. I love the sabers, they are excellent in the back pocket radios and audio is perfect on them, they out talk my Vertex radios any day of the week. Hoping to resurrect that MX soon, as well as a Minitor for around the shop, the repeater is right outside.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:46:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

TLF, will do, I may PM you soon, if I run into issue trying to program some simplex P25 channels. I probably should print out the VHF units and see what the differences are. I love the sabers, they are excellent in the back pocket radios and audio is perfect on them, they out talk my Vertex radios any day of the week. Hoping to resurrect that MX soon, as well as a Minitor for around the shop, the repeater is right outside.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And this is why I love commercial gear. Every aspect of the radios is top notch. Just blows other gear out of the water.

Let me know. i'm more than happy to help!
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 1:13:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Ive got two Motorola HT1250s, a few Kenwood Tk 280s, a 380 and a 481.

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 7:45:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Just have one Moto in 902mhz.   Have the antenna but haven't done the install yet.     And a few kenwood HT's that need reprogrammed for GMRS but are a lost cause due to the batteries being shot.        

Really wish Moto would jump into ham radio with some dedicated ham gear.  Would love to see their level of quality in a chunk of hardware with a nice easy to use/program front panel.   even if it was just a 2M mobile.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 7:51:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Pick up a PD782.

You're welcome.

; )

Quoted:
Just have one Moto in 902mhz.   Have the antenna but haven't done the install yet.     And a few kenwood HT's that need reprogrammed for GMRS but are a lost cause due to the batteries being shot.        

Really wish Moto would jump into ham radio with some dedicated ham gear.  Would love to see their level of quality in a chunk of hardware with a nice easy to use/program front panel.   even if it was just a 2M mobile.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Pick up a PD782.

You're welcome.

; )

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Pick up a PD782.

You're welcome.

; )

Quoted:

Will they work with Cap Plus?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 8:01:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Pick up a PD782.

You're welcome.

; )

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Pick up a PD782.

You're welcome.

; )

Quoted:

How do you like it? How is the programming on them?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 8:22:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Unfortunately, haven't tested it to find out. I doubt it though. Hytera's CP is called "Pseudo-Trunking" and I'm willing to bet both systems are proprietary. I could be wrong though...

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#45]
I absolutely love it. What pushed me over the edge on Hytera was the fact that the CPS is included for free if purchased from an authorized dealer. The FPP is great. The CPS, once you understand the nature of DMR, is a breeze. My only gripe is that codeplugs are model-specific, meaning, I had to use a hex editor to use my same code plug for the PD-782 on my MD-782.

Hytera also provides some additional software to really have fun with these things:

Hytera Software

I just ordered the data cable to use the MD-782 as a host/control unit for realtime GPS tracking with the PD-782s.

Put bluntly, I like the radios, and DMR, enough to be willing to to throw up my own repeater. Everything about them is fantastic.

All my batwing-gear is old surplus stuff, and, for me anyway, it's nice to have some pro-equipment, with 2016 technology behind it.

How do you like it? How is the programming on them?
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 8:33:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, haven't tested it to find out. I doubt it though. Hytera's CP is called "Pesudo-Trunking" and I'm willing to bet both systems are proprietary.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Unfortunately, haven't tested it to find out. I doubt it though. Hytera's CP is called "Pesudo-Trunking" and I'm willing to bet both systems are proprietary.

Psuedo-trunking is actually different across the brands. Motorola's was their first form of trunking as there is not control channel but it's still extremely popular. Hytera's operates in a Tier II environment. Simoco's does as well. Simoco looked at offering a Cap Plus like psuedo-trunking but for the price you can get into Tier III with Simoco cheaper than you can get Cap Plus through Motorola. I might also add, Simoco's control and management is just about the coolest thing I've gone around and unplugged (it automatically asses when repeaters go down and re-organized the trunk setup accordingly).

As of yet...Hytera's Tier III doesn't work. They've been trying to support a local shop (who is a Tait, Hytera and Simoco dealer) who purchased a Tier III Simoco system (Hytera couldn't beat the dealer cost). They've been working for about 6 weeks and they still can't get the Hytera's to affiliate.

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 8:42:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Zap, the self-healing aspect is totally badass.

I figured the Pseudo-Trunking schemes were not interoperable. I imagine if they were, folks would get a decent repeater, and use the cheapest client radios they could get their hands on to cut costs.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:08:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Psuedo-trunking is actually different across the brands. Motorola's was their first form of trunking as there is not control channel but it's still extremely popular. Hytera's operates in a Tier II environment. Simoco's does as well. Simoco looked at offering a Cap Plus like psuedo-trunking but for the price you can get into Tier III with Simoco cheaper than you can get Cap Plus through Motorola. I might also add, Simoco's control and management is just about the coolest thing I've gone around and unplugged (it automatically asses when repeaters go down and re-organized the trunk setup accordingly).

As of yet...Hytera's Tier III doesn't work. They've been trying to support a local shop (who is a Tait, Hytera and Simoco dealer) who purchased a Tier III Simoco system (Hytera couldn't beat the dealer cost). They've been working for about 6 weeks and they still can't get the Hytera's to affiliate.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg586/zap_uh_lack/Mobile%20Uploads/459AD6BC-585A-4A82-B75C-D6EB92846343_zpsoaqbzwha.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg586/zap_uh_lack/Mobile%20Uploads/459AD6BC-585A-4A82-B75C-D6EB92846343_zpsoaqbzwha.jpg

Nice, I need to get Jim at our shop to look into this. We have some open uhf commercial channels that could benefit from this. Sadly or greatly, Starcom 21 is kicking the crap out of our PS sales, can't blame them though, it is a pretty solid system, git to play with some APX6000's the other day, they were sweet, felt great in your hand. Simoco does sound inderdasting.

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:12:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Nice.

And the color helps you remember what to say when you hear someone call you.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top