Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2015 9:11:42 PM EDT

HRO and Gigaparts both have the TM-281A and the FT-2900R on sale ... the Kenwood for about $124, and the Yaesu for about $119. You can get free shipping from both if you buy enough. Gigaparts is few cents cheaper than HRO, and their warranties are half price today.

Disclaimer: I'm just a consumer and have no stake in either company.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:25:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought the Yaesu.   Seems to get pretty good reviews!

Ray
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:27:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I bought the Yaesu.   Seems to get pretty good reviews!

Ray
View Quote

Same here ... I went back and forth several times, but ended up deciding on the Yaesu.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:49:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought the TM-281 2 1/2 years ago when I first got my license. I wanted one with a front speaker after having bottom speaker CB's way back in the day and they being harder to understand. It's been a good radio and I got it on sale for $119.95 with free shipping.

The only thing I really, really don't like is the squelch, give me a knob, don't make me punch a few buttons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top