Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2015 9:14:06 PM EDT
This winter I have a goal of separating my "studio" and "transmitter site". The studio is currently my second floor office. The existing transmitter site is a crappy rolling printer cart in the corner of the studio. Since literally the only connection between the studio and transmitter is a single Ethernet cable, I can really put the transmitter anywhere. So this morning I enlisted the help of some Thanksgiving day visiting relatives to wrestle this bad boy down the bulkhead steps and into my basement:

This is going to be fun!  And probably a bit expensive (all that rack hardware to buy )
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice rack!

I love a nice rack.
Keep us updated as I need to revamp my rack and need some ideas.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:58:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Good deal dude. I want to do something similar.

Maybe someday I'll have the coin to drop on an ANAN so I can remote-mount my stuff too.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:44:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:11:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Don't get too excited. This is going to move forward at a glacial pace. I'll eventually post more as it progresses.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:12:48 PM EDT
[#5]
It's just one wire.  Get on it.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#6]

It is my intention to put a shack on the ridgeline I own in N GA at about 1900ft ASL.

Location is about 40 minutes from primary QTH, and internet is a problem there.  I actually hope to build a concrete home there and divide my retirement time between the lake and mountain top.

But a small building there with remote equipment over the internet would keep me happy until I can build a better solution.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It is my intention to put a shack on the ridgeline I own in N GA at about 1900ft ASL.

Location is about 40 minutes from primary QTH, and internet is a problem there.  I actually hope to build a concrete home there and divide my retirement time between the lake and mountain top.

But a small building there with remote equipment over the internet would keep me happy until I can build a better solution.
View Quote

For  a concrete home, look at NUDURA ICF construction.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top