Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:16:51 PM EDT
[#1]
The p/n and source are given in the instructions for the KI0BK Battery Monitor.

Someone had a comment about voltage loss through the KI0BK Low Loss Power Gate.  It is practically zero.  It uses
MOSFETS.  From the manual:

"The Low Loss PWRgate uses MOSFET power transistors to switch the load between power
sources with only a 20 millivolt drop, much smaller than similar systems that use Schottky
diodes. This keeps the power losses to a minimum."

20 millivolts... hard to beat that!
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:26:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:37:40 AM EDT
[#3]
OK, how do you hook up a tablet to a radio and use digital?

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:15:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OK, how do you hook up a tablet to a radio and use digital?

View Quote

I'm running Fldigi on mine (Dell Venue Pro 8 running Win 8.1), connected via Signalink USB to my Icon 706MKIIG.   Still have to sort out some configuration details, though.  The software "sees" the radio but I'm only seeing "garbage" on the screen.   However, I think the antenna is to blame.  I'm changing it to see how it goes.  

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:58:10 AM EDT
[#5]
No, I'm talking how do you physically connect?  Cables, plugs, etc?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:34:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes please more info on the tablet since mine has "usb" ports that are not real USB ports and only support certain plug ins. Tried interfacing a signalink USB to a couple diffrent ones with mixed results --mostly the USB ports dont seem to support sound I/O ..I know there are SW fixes but have not had the time to get into it very far. For the moment I am still using the toughbook for outdoor digital stuff but want a lighter less power consuming more portable option.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:35:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No, I'm talking how do you physically connect?  Cables, plugs, etc?
View Quote

I used the USB port in my tablet.  

Good for the Signalink, the SDR dongle, etc.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yes please more info on the tablet since mine has "usb" ports that are not real USB ports and only support certain plug ins. Tried interfacing a signalink USB to a couple diffrent ones with mixed results --mostly the USB ports dont seem to support sound I/O ..I know there are SW fixes but have not had the time to get into it very far. For the moment I am still using the toughbook for outdoor digital stuff but want a lighter less power consuming more portable option.
View Quote

Interesting.  My tablet saw my radio and the Signalink without any problems.  I just have to check on the reception part, hence working on the antenna alternatives.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:52:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah I see you are running windows --I am trying it with an android tablet..from what I have heard the new operating system (marshmellow) addresses the usb issue but have not upgraded anything to it --they also tend to not have mic jacs but audio out jacks/and some are set up as a combo jack (headset) where you can break out audio in /out. A windows tablet would probably make life easier.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:27:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Finally ordered a battery from Gruber Power.  Got the 55 AH Elite model.  Hopefully it will be here next week.

Thanks for the heads up on these, Jup!
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:35:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Finally ordered a battery from Gruber Power.  Got the 55 AH Elite model.  Hopefully it will be here next week.

Thanks for the heads up on these, Jup!
View Quote

And you can use it to jump start your car, too!

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yeah I see you are running windows --I am trying it with an android tablet..from what I have heard the new operating system (marshmellow) addresses the usb issue but have not upgraded anything to it --they also tend to not have mic jacs but audio out jacks/and some are set up as a combo jack (headset) where you can break out audio in /out. A windows tablet would probably make life easier.
View Quote

Samsung sells a dongle that plugs to their tablet's port and it creates a full USB port.  I use mostly to upload/download files to it.  Haven't tried with anything else yet.

Would those FTDI chip USB cables help?  Not sure whether that's for Windows only or a general hardware application.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top