Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2015 1:25:34 AM EDT
I really have no clue about how these awards work hence the thread.  But, what else is left to get DXCC for say 20m?  I submitted and paid for every "credit" but they only accounted for 68 of the 106.

Am I looking at this wrong?

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 7:02:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I really don't know.

I got my DXCC phone and called it good.

The basic award is good enough for me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:43:03 AM EDT
[#2]
From looking at your totals you are eligible for DXCC  on Mixed, Phone and 20m.

With DXCC you are eligible for an award if you confirm 100 contacts per mode and per band.

Five band DXCC is the award I am shooting for right now.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Right, but when I did my application they only credited me 153 entities.  As you can see they only credited me 68 of the 106 on 20m.  That's the part I can't understand.

Plus the fact that that application was $30 , not so sure I even give a damn anymore.

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:51:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think the "QSL"s are credited until confirmed by the other station as "QSO"s.

But I'm probably wrong.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think the "QSL"s are credited until confirmed by the other station as "QSO"s.

But I'm probably wrong.
View Quote

They wouldn't show up on that chart until they are confirmed as qsl's.

Not sure what went wrong OP....if you had them selected and paid for in your application, they should have been credited....send an email to the lotw help desk.
They have messed up a few times on my stuff, but after a quick email, they've fixed it right away.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 5:24:13 PM EDT
[#6]

On the application page you will see the modes and band in blue and underscored. You need to click each to select all of the contacts in those mode and bands to get credit.  I have only submitted a Mixed Award, so only those contacts and would be applied for credit. If I wanted Phone, CW or a particular band I would have to select those. A black check mark will appear in the column once selected letting you know they are being counted for credit.

Clear as mud right?
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 6:09:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x266/k9-bob/lotw1007_zpsil4vyoey.png~original

On the application page you will see the modes and band in blue and underscored. You need to click each to select all of the contacts in those mode and bands to get credit.  I have only submitted a Mixed Award, so only those contacts and would be applied for credit. If I wanted Phone, CW or a particular band I would have to select those. A black check mark will appear in the column once selected letting you know they are being counted for credit.

Clear as mud right?
View Quote

Except on THURSDAYS because Shirley is married to Teddy but she is a closet bisexual that is seeing Louise whi is a lesbian and lives with Beth who divorced Tom after she caught him having an affair with Sally who is also screwing the paperboy who is also getting some off of Leona who is a librarian that is married to Bill who is sleeping with the maid when Leona goes to work.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 6:22:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I played hell with my DXCC. I had 100 that I thought were bona fide. I got credit for 99 because of something dopey.

XX3XX or someone in Slobovia forgot to renew his license and any QSOs he made between June 2-7 were invalid and of course MY QSO with him was on June 4th (or some such reason)

My advice is that if you are going for an award that requires, say, 100 of something then bring along about 105.

My 'Double DXCC' project (200 CONFIRMED entities) is a personal project. Actually there is no such thing as a double DXCC but that's what I call this project.

Anyway today I took my original DXCC printout (101 entities) and went through the cards and found I have 194 in hand and there are another 8 I know of due in. That makes 202.

However I am not going to submit anything until I have at least 204 or 205 for insurance purposes.

My WAS was a LOT more cut and dried. Either you have a state or you don't.

Indidentally I am not chasing paper for awards anymore as I figure a WAS and basic DXCC are credentials enough.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 8:26:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x266/k9-bob/lotw1007_zpsil4vyoey.png~original

Clear as mud right?
View Quote

Ah, what a cluster F.

For another $70 I can get Mixed, Phone and 20m.  

I'll put that $70 toward my new AR build.

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:05:21 PM EDT
[#10]
LoTW is still the cheapest way to get DXCC.

Just ask Pic how many dollars are spent to get just one QSL card into DXCC.

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:42:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
LoTW is still the cheapest way to get DXCC.

Just ask Pic how many dollars are spent to get just one QSL card into DXCC.
View Quote

Yeah. It ain't cheap.

Figure a quarter a card, I get my envelopes fo' free, $1.20 for an overseas stamp, call it $1.50

Add the $2-3 in green stamps

Lose a couple here and there to the 3rd world mailman that gets paid in what he can steal.

Some places the easiest and cheapest way to go is to bite the bullet and send registered mail.

If there QRZ page indicates that there is a mail pilfering problem then send a registered mail.

Most major DXpeditions using OQRS run $3.50-4.00.

A general ball park estimate is $5/ card when it is all over and done with.

HOWEVER sometimes you get a DX station with an American manager and then it's just an SASE.

Then ya gotta wait....

Still, I like getting cards in the mail.

Update. Just put Seychelles in the log and I'm on theirs!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top