Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2015 6:26:22 PM EDT
Damned kid.

He was visiting his uncle and good old uncle was showing him his rig and made a QSO with me. He let the kid talk and the next thing you know I got a QSL card with a SASE. The ham already has DXCC and WAS. He told me the SASE was addressed to the little whelp.

Damned little rug rat cost me a whole quarter.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#1]
The whole time I was reading that all I heard was ...

"get off my lawn"

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:09:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The whole time I was reading that all I heard was ...

"get off my lawn"

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:09:47 PM EDT
[#3]
You didn't send him your "special" card did you?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:00:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Hell, no.

Not in this twisted day and age. THe little punks can get away with calling their fathers a cocksucker but if you say shit in front of him they want to throw your ass in jail for corrupting the morals of a child.

"He hears a lot worse in the schoolyard" is no longer a legal defense.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:58:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't really complain. I send cards to every single "he's sitting on my lap" kind of contact I make.

This reminds me that I need to get my wife to say my call into my rig's voice recorder to help breaking through pile ups.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:31:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't really complain. I send cards to every single "he's sitting on my lap" kind of contact I make.

This reminds me that I need to get my wife to say my call into my rig's voice recorder to help breaking through pile ups.
View Quote

Depending on what you wife's voice sounds like you may want to sub it out.

Get some voice that sounds like a real honey hormone squash that will leave the DX operator sitting in  a pup tent.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:15:26 AM EDT
[#8]
QSL for the yard ape... good on you!  

Next thing you know, you'll be taking kids on rides in the country in the bed of your pickup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top