Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2015 11:24:33 PM EDT
Tomorrow, Friday night, Saturday and Sunday I'll be operating from an undisclosed location in Eastern Washington. This is the first test of my newly-portablle rig, and I'll make periodic calls on the ARF guard channels. I should have digital capability so I'll try the digital guard channel periodically, and also play with JT65.

No internet and no phone, so I won't be able to check psk reporter or check in here. This is how they did it in the old days!

Hoping to get a few QSO's with folks here. I'll be able to check the net briefly on Friday so we could arrange a sked at that time.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:01:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Friday net is echolink, right?

Oh and good luck out in the wild.

Guerrilla portable is tons of fun!  I love the comments you get.

"You're on a mountain?  Why?"
"100W and what kind of antenna?"
"Your IOTA number is not legitimate." ...sigh..."I said USIOTA, US US, QSL?"
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:12:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Just in case you can access the thread.

I'm monitoring 28.445 and 28.525 concurrently and did not get anything at 1000 PST.  Will keep radios open.

73!
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:58:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm monitoring 28.445 and 28.525 concurrently and did not get anything at 1000 PST.  Will keep radios open.

73!
View Quote

The bands are crap. It's hard to hear anything and especially hard at those freqs. I am doing good to hit anyone on 40 or 20 let alone higher
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:12:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The bands are crap. It's hard to hear anything and especially hard at those freqs. I am doing good to hit anyone on 40 or 20 let alone higher
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

73!

Yep.  Cannot get anything but noise.  

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:39:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Back on the net briefly. 20m was doing pretty well yesterday. I got QSOs with a Katrina special events station in MS and a  Phoenix relay to the maritime net. Some stations were booming in and some were barely audible. A few stations from South America came through crystal clear. I got PSKreporter spots way down in Chile.

I'll be operating again this evening and through the weekend, will throw some CQ ARFCOM's on the digital guard channels, and probably operate some JT65. There's also an emergency services net out of the Puget Sound area I'll try to work.

My laptop has decided to act like a pretentious little princess. This is the last Lenovo I will ever own.

10m seemed dead. I CQ'ed at the top of most hours, and some random intervals, but heard zero activity.  

I had the camp to myself all afternoon, and calling CQ or trying to pounce on DX guys was a lot of fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top