Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2015 6:24:08 PM EDT
Today I attended the Berryville hamfest. I walked around and saw a bunch of stuff that I really don't need since I am about to move again. I looked around and saw the RV from the couple that make/sell the Eagle One. It is a 30' fiberglass pole with some adapters and mounting hardware.

I have been thinking about building one myself for a while but never got around to it. The reason I went with the Eagle One is they hamfest price was a good savings and the wire they use is amazing. It is a silicon type wire that doesn't knot up or kink.

When we got home I unpacked it and got it setup. I don't have pics of it setup yet because it is really tall. I have a couple modifications I am planning on doing and will update this thread with them.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:39:45 PM EDT
[#1]
The antenna mast looks exactly like the Jackite pole I use with my EARCHI end fed.  Is there a matching unit or balun at the base?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:55:33 PM EDT
[#2]
It is the same pole. There is no matching network. I am planning on making a little A bag for it with some stakes, guy lines, and radials. With nothing other then the tripod my KX3 tuned it on 40m and made a couple FL 5w QSOs
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:34:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Does the antenna wire run on the outside of the pole?  Also, are the grounding rods supposed to take the place of the radials?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:49:21 PM EDT
[#4]
The wire actually goes inside the mast. The mast is very well built and anyone thinking about a jacklite should go for it.

Next I am building a hitch adapter so I can take it camping next week.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#5]
With mine, I just drive a 36" or 48" concrete forming stake in the ground and slide the antenna over that.  It has held up very well in some strong winds even without guy wires.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top