Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2015 7:11:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:20:20 PM EDT
[#1]
That sounds nice.
But, I an strictly a wireless keyboard man. I was hoping it was wireless and I would have instantly bought one.

I broke the chair in my shack, leaning back in it too much. The plastic leg snapped, I went ass over tea kettle backwards while holding my keyboard. Now the right side shift key doesn't work, so I need a new keyboard.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I am not familiar with any wireless mechanical keyboards. This thing weighs over two pounds so it isn't ment to be very portable.

The cherry MX clear switches are really nice.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:48:02 PM EDT
[#3]
You mean one that actually clicks and has tactile feedback??

I love it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:16:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a couple of these

Alps Keys

I love clicky key keyboards

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Cherry MX blue for the win.

I never use the media keys but I love having that volume knob.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#6]
$170.00 for a keyboard that clicks?

Am I missing something here or is there some other compelling reason for one of these?

Please explain?

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:03:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Am I missing something here or is there some other compelling reason for one of these?

Please explain?

View Quote

Same reason morse keys can vary in price. Usually build quality and features, some times just fanboy-ism.

For the most part the average person will type faster and more accurately with a mechanical keyboard.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:14:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Please explain?

View Quote

Why would a mechanic buy snap-on tools when harbor freight is cheaper?

I'm a software developer. I spend all day every typing. Das makes a quality high speed typing instrument. It's a pleasure to type on and I can type faster on it than a rubber dome keyboard. I also use a $1000 monitor
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:34:27 PM EDT
[#9]
The $5.00 Chicom keyboards are what I usually buy when I need to replace a keyboard.

I can appreciate buying good stuff, but for me a $170 keyboard would be a poor investment.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:53:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The $5.00 Chicom keyboards are what I usually buy when I need to replace a keyboard.

I can appreciate buying good stuff, but for me a $170 keyboard would be a poor investment.
View Quote

Try a quality keyboard some time.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:44:58 AM EDT
[#11]
If you look around you can still find original mechanical keyboards at thrift/goodwill stores for $5 or less branded by IBM etc, many times still in a box or unused that came part of a large shipment. They normally don't last long before somebody flips them on ebay for good profit$. Just a quick glance 20-30 year old ones still in a box sell for between $400-$600.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top