Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2015 1:32:52 PM EDT
Well, kind of sick.

It still works fine, but a couple of months ago, I noticed several horizontal lines across the top portion of the display. It started with 2 or 3, and is now up to 6. I asked Elecraft about it, and all they said is that I would need to send it in for repairs.  So, I boxed it up, and shipped it off this morning.  Trying to operate without it makes me feel totally nekkid.

Here is what it looks like.

And close up.

Probably cost a  fortune, because it's out of warranty.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:51:29 PM EDT
[#1]
did you try reseating the cable on the display?

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:58:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
did you try reseating the cable on the display?
View Quote

You mean inside the box?  Nope, didn't open it up.  But I probably should have.  I did try resetting the parameters, checking the (external) connections, etc.  

Frankly, I just didn't feel like fooling with it, so I sent it in.  We'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:57:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been using my Flex 5000 for over 3 years and thought I'd never want to use a radio without a panadapter ever again.  Then I did Field Day this year with my TS-590S, and after a couple minutes I completely forgot about the panadapter and had a blast.  Of course now that Field Day is over I'm back to using the Flex.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:27:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've been using my Flex 5000 for over 3 years and thought I'd never want to use a radio without a panadapter ever again.  Then I did Field Day this year with my TS-590S, and after a couple minutes I completely forgot about the panadapter and had a blast.  Of course now that Field Day is over I'm back to using the Flex.  
View Quote

Yup the SDR world has opened my eyes.  I have everything I need to add one to my TS2000 but I am about to pack it away for a few months
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, I've had the same experience.

Contesting without a panadapter really puts you at a disadvantage. When you're just tuning around and listening while doing S&P it's really easy to skip over a station if he's working a station you can't hear or paused for a coffee. Seeing the trails in the waterfall means you won't miss any stations. Plus clicking to tune is awesome.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Sorry about your P3.

I too am fond of the "Fish Finder"  for HF.  Its nice to see the whole band at one time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top