Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:21:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I am in England and got a UK call using CEPT.   Was able to make a few contacts to the east part of the US and the usual suspects in EU.  Not sure if I confused anyone today with the 'accent' but I have in the past with a UK call.  It was also strange hearing the few US callsigns with wall to wall Europeans
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:41:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am in England and got a UK call using CEPT.   Was able to make a few contacts to the east part of the US and the usual suspects in EU.  Not sure if I confused anyone today with the 'accent' but I have in the past with a UK call.  It was also strange hearing the few US callsigns with wall to wall Europeans
View Quote

I imagine making contacts in Euro land is much easier with the 320 than it is the middle of nowhere (my QTH). Plus you have trees there.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:07:40 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clansman-320-351-Funkgeratezubehor-Set-UK-British-Army-Land-Rover-SAS-/201322489345?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item2edfc16601

Found this, i was missing the cw-key, dipole w/acc, bat ext cable etc. Hoping this will be in usable condition.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:50:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clansman-320-351-Funkgeratezubehor-Set-UK-British-Army-Land-Rover-SAS-/201322489345?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item2edfc16601

Found this, i was missing the cw-key, dipole w/acc, bat ext cable etc. Hoping this will be in usable condition.
View Quote

Sounds like a good deal!
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Ze package from germany arrived yesterday.
Out testing today. much easier using the org prc-320 wireantenna with meters, than the no/prc-111 wires with mhz markings.
The couterpoise had som wires that were broken, no problems to repair with some cabelshoes and solder.
Got the gasmask-mic for the infantry-headset, somthing for Pic? Guerrilla-portable with a gasmask... :)

Had som problem with the tuning earlier, when using the other wire antenna, worked much better now (end fed). Seems like you have to be pretty accurate with the tune knob.

Next thing i need is a 20cell nicd charger. Someone that knows about a mulitcharger (like RC-people uses), that charges 20cells nicd?
I know about the charger you guys uses, but i have 220v in the wall..
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:16:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

What do the Brits use for wall power?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:34:28 PM EDT
[#7]
220v, but an other socket. But thats no problem using an adaptor
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
220v, but an other socket. But thats no problem using an adaptor
View Quote

Go to the yahoo prc 320 group and snoop around there. It's full of former British signals people and they know what to use. Likely there is already a thread about it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:54:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Already there.. ;)
Wondering about just going for the110v charger, got an inverter for my dillon rt-1200. But this means i cant trim my 223brass and charge my 320 batteries at the same time!!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ze package from germany arrived yesterday.
Out testing today. much easier using the org prc-320 wireantenna with meters, than the no/prc-111 wires with mhz markings.
The couterpoise had som wires that were broken, no problems to repair with some cabelshoes and solder.
Got the gasmask-mic for the infantry-headset, somthing for Pic? Guerrilla-portable with a gasmask... :)

Had som problem with the tuning earlier, when using the other wire antenna, worked much better now (end fed). Seems like you have to be pretty accurate with the tune knob.

Next thing i need is a 20cell nicd charger. Someone that knows about a mulitcharger (like RC-people uses), that charges 20cells nicd?
View Quote

This is basically what I use for 24V nimh and Nicd packs. The Clansman is easy to charge as you can just connect alligator clips to it.

http://www.batteryspace.com/Smart-Charger-1.8A-3-pin-connector-for-24V-NiMH-/-NiCd-Pack.aspx
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:42:48 PM EDT
[#11]
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tenergy-Smart-Universal-Charger-for-NiMH-NiCD-Battery-Packs-12v-24v-/281618218050?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4191c0fc42

Thinking about this one, 40usd included shipping. Someone tried this?
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 8:32:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tenergy-Smart-Universal-Charger-for-NiMH-NiCD-Battery-Packs-12v-24v-/281618218050?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4191c0fc42

View Quote

I use one. They are reasonable priced and do the job. Highly recommended by the guy that rebuilt my battery.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 8:43:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tenergy is a decent brand.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top