Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:38:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really would have liked a mobile radio, but I just don't want to spend a lot of money until I'm positive that I'm sticking with this hobby. I don't feel comfortable buying mediocre equipment, so it would have cost me over $500 for a single band mobile setup... $200+ for a quality 2M radio, another $200 for the Astron 35A power supply, and then another $100 to build an antenna and buy good coax. Even if I buy a nice mobile and hardly ever use it I can keep it around for emergencies.
View Quote

that is the beauty of the Chi-com HT's
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:53:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I really would have liked a mobile radio, but I just don't want to spend a lot of money until I'm positive that I'm sticking with this hobby. I don't feel comfortable buying mediocre equipment, so it would have cost me over $500 for a single band mobile setup... $200+ for a quality 2M radio, another $200 for the Astron 35A power supply, and then another $100 to build an antenna and buy good coax. Even if I buy a nice mobile and hardly ever use it I can keep it around for emergencies.
View Quote

Overkill. A 15A power supply will handle almost any FM radio on the market and they run between $50-$100. Even the cheap Chinese switching supplies are pretty decent (30A for $30) minus some occasional noise problems. Unless you're buying a brand new commercial FM radio, paying over $200 for a single band VHF radio is a little over the top. In fact, I don't think there are actually any in production above that price point from Yaesu, Icom or Kenwood.

My base started off as a 45W Motorola GM300, Tram 2m base antenna, RG-58, 20A PS and a 10ft pole w/cement base. The GM300 was free, the Tram antenna was given to me by another ham who traded up to a dual band model, the RG-58 was scrap I had laying around after pulling a CB out of my Jeep, the pole was commandeered from a fence project next door (I just "re-planted" it next to my bedroom wall), The power supply was 250W computer power supply I pulled out of a junk computer (again free). The only cost I had into it was connectors and a programming cable for the radio. So less than $20 in the entire thing and a little time.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#3]

the FT-60 is an excellent radio

easy to use and program,  automatic repeater offset, wide receive.

make a pretty decent scanner too, even picks up the AM aircraft band.

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:28:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you're always looking for the most expensive way to do things, amateur radio is probably not a good hobby for you

I just looked up prices as an example, a Kenwood 281 from MTC, that ebay power supply, and a Tram 1481 antenna from Amazon comes up to just over $260 shipped.  Coax depends on your installation.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:44:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Overkill. A 15A power supply will handle almost any FM radio on the market and they run between $50-$100. Even the cheap Chinese switching supplies are pretty decent (30A for $30) minus some occasional noise problems. Unless you're buying a brand new commercial FM radio, paying over $200 for a single band VHF radio is a little over the top. In fact, I don't think there are actually any in production above that price point from Yaesu, Icom or Kenwood.
View Quote

I agree that a 35A power supply is overkill at this point, but it's only around $50 more than the 20A. Eventually, when I upgrade, I don't want to have to sell the 20A and buy a 35A. I would probably lose more than $50 selling it. I thought about converting a computer power supply, but I don't like that it's not purpose built for ham radios. I'm the type of person that would constantly worry about it.

The mobile that I was looking it is the FT2900. It is on the upper end of single band mobiles, but I figured it's worth paying a bit more to have the extra power if I need/want it. I would really like an FT8900, but I just don't want to spend that kind of money yet. My plan is to get started with the FT60, then get at least a dual band mobile depending on what I learn over time.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The mobile that I was looking it is the FT2900. It is on the upper end of single band mobiles, but I figured it's worth paying a bit more to have the extra power if I need/want it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The mobile that I was looking it is the FT2900. It is on the upper end of single band mobiles, but I figured it's worth paying a bit more to have the extra power if I need/want it.

The extra power is a marketing gimmick.  I very rarely use more than 10 watts on FM.  More than 50 is taking a nosedive into the land of diminishing returns.

I would really like an FT8900, but I just don't want to spend that kind of money yet.

Six and ten meter FM are novelties at best except for a very few situations.  Extreme frustrations for most.  That's coming from someone who has a 6m radio on nearly 24/7.  You do need a General class license to use 10m FM.  It's easier to do separate antennas for those bands so separate radios isn't a stretch anyway.

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 8:10:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The extra power is a marketing gimmick.  I very rarely use more than 10 watts on FM.  More than 50 is taking a nosedive into the land of diminishing returns.

Six and ten meter FM are novelties at best except for a very few situations.  Extreme frustrations for most.  That's coming from someone who has a 6m radio on nearly 24/7.  You do need a General class license to use 10m FM.  It's easier to do separate antennas for those bands so separate radios isn't a stretch anyway.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would really like an FT8900, but I just don't want to spend that kind of money yet.

Good to know. That's why I want to learn more before I spend more. If you could start all over, what would your setup consist of?
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 8:31:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Start Over?

Buy a Scanner...Listen to Local Traffic....Determine which bands I'd need....buy entry level gear to communicate on those bands....Listen, Listen, Listen-Learn Learn Learn....buy Moar gear as needs/wants/desires arose....

(of course that's how I actually did it )
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same with my 2900…barely use it above 10W. The squelch circuit and receiver on the radio are decent. If I was gonna do it again I would go with a FT-1900…but I paid $120 for my 2900 when it was new.

Motorola has a diplexing chart for using twin low band antennas on one radio (it was designed for the low band Syntor) without the use of a diplexer but one has to extrapolate a bit to get the coverage for the ham bands.

Power supplies are power supplies. Built for ham radio versus not built for ham radio makes no difference. Buy a cheap power supply or mod one…if you get another radio later on, you'll probably still end up needing a spare. Very few people in this hobby (who aren't starting out) have just one radio and one power supply. Many keep spares around to test/program commercial equipment without unplugging the main radio they are connected to.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 10:13:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you could start all over, what would your setup consist of?
View Quote

Really depends on what bands are needed.  In my case for FM, I do need 2m and 440.... I'd probably get a Kenwood TM-V71, along with that ebay power supply and the antenna I mentioned before.  Along with a Baofeng UV-B5. I only say the V71 because it's probably what I'd pick if I was picking from the current market options, the FT8800 or Icom models are also fine, it's mostly personal preference.  If I had a lot of drive time I'd put the mobile in the car along with a reasonable mobile antenna.

I play on 6m FM a little but use old low band LMR radios mostly.  Only 10m FM I've done has just been on a regular HF radio.

My first radio (as a college student) was a nice HT which I thought would be perfect.  It rapidly got to be a tedious routine of plugging and unplugging antenna, speaker mic and power cords when I'd get in or out of the car.  Just took a couple months before I started saving up for a mobile, found a used one locally that was a decent deal and grabbed it.  Made things so much easier in the car, and the HT was there at home or to stick in the bookbag.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 12:26:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm studying as much as I can since my test is tomorrow. I either have to wait a week or drive 2 hours, and I'm not waiting a week.

As soon as I pass this test I'm going to start studying for the general test.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 1:15:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I'm studying as much as I can since my test is tomorrow. I either have to wait a week or drive 2 hours, and I'm not waiting a week.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f133/FT60/PerfectPracticeTestHam_zps9b03df4c.jpg

As soon as I pass this test I'm going to start studying for the general test.
View Quote
After you've passed your Tech, and the pressure's off, take the General.

You'll have already paid your $15. What do you have to lose?
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#14]
If you have a little time look over the General.  There is much overlap between the Tech and General.  You just might pass both.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If you have a little time look over the General.  There is much overlap between the Tech and General.  You just might pass both.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 3:03:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I thought about it but I'm worried that I'll get mixed up. I guess it's worth glancing over. I took a general practice test and I didn't know any of it though.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 3:50:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I thought about it but I'm worried that I'll get mixed up. I guess it's worth glancing over. I took a general practice test and I didn't know any of it though.
View Quote

The concepts are just expanded on.  Some new stuff is introduced too.  Look at the material but if it is too confusing spend the $15 for the test and get your Tech ticket. Go right back to studying for the General and test as soon as you feel comfortable. Then go right into Extra studying. Just don't stop studying stick with it.
Free General Study Guide

I did Tech then studied for my General about 6 months later, I should have not taken a break.  At the time I didn't have a HF radio and Youtube helped with the bigger picture material of the General test I was not understanding.  

Now a few years later, it's a half-assed now and then attempt at studying for Extra along with and poking at basic CW too. Doing it all one right after another would have been much easier.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah I think I feel more comfortable just taking it in 3 parts. I like driving and I don't mind paying the $15 a few times. I definitely plan on getting the general and extra as soon as possible. I wish they called it Master or something prestigious instead of Extra. It just sounds so boring, and definitely doesn't accurately portray the work involved to get it. Imo
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:44:18 PM EDT
[#19]
You don't want the FCC to change the name to master.
Thoses extras have a large enough head now.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 3:27:02 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm consistently getting 95%+ on the Technician practice tests so I decided to study General too. I'm getting pretty good scores in general now, so hopefully by the time I take the test tomorrow I'll be good to go. That would be really cool if I could just get my General done at the same time. Does anyone know if it takes longer to get a callsign if pass both?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 5:54:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Same amount of time, you'll just get a General class license instead of Technician if you pass both.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:53:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:(yesterday)
... by the time I take the test tomorrow ...
View Quote

(Yesterday's) tomorrow is today.    

So....????
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:41:46 AM EDT
[#23]
I just got back and I'm happy to say that I passed both! I officially have a General license. Hopefully my radio and callsign get here asap.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:48:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Dude!

Knew you could pull it off.

Congrats!

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:00:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Thanks man, I appreciate it!

I'm really glad you guys mentioned looking over the general because I never would have even tried it. The main guy that gave the tests said that he saw one guy take the Technician, General, and Extra at the same time and passed all 3 . I'm very happy with the General though, and I'll work on my extra while my radio and callsign are on their way.

I really appreciate everyone's help! This has been the best forum experience of my life by a lot.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:54:52 AM EDT
[#26]

Congrats! Now the fun starts.
Once you get your call sign download echolink (its free) and join some of us on Friday night for the ArF echolink/IRLP net on Friday nights
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_22/669456_FRIDAY_NIGHT_ARFCOM_IRLP___Echolink_Net____New_Hams__get_in_here.html
Great bunch of guys in there.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:14:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Congrats! Now the fun starts.
Once you get your call sign download echolink (its free) and join some of us on Friday night for the ArF echolink/IRLP net on Friday nights
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_22/669456_FRIDAY_NIGHT_ARFCOM_IRLP___Echolink_Net____New_Hams__get_in_here.html
Great bunch of guys in there.
View Quote

It took me nearly a year to get my Echolink account activated…one part as to why I've never bothered with actually talking on it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:08:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:04:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

nothing wrong with them AT ALL. i have been using them for secondary radios for my fire and PD guys. in 2 years they have been hard pressed to break them. tx/rx are every bit as good as the kenwoods they get issued.

i say this as also owning several high dollar HT's.... vx-7r, vx-8g and a kenwood commercial radio. doing it all over again the baofung does 80% of what my expensive ht's do at 1/10th the price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do NOT buy a Baofeng.

You need to do more homework .  Best and cheap do not go together, period, in ham radio gear.  You either get a quality product, pay a bit, or you buy cheap crap from China.

Bang for buck is a VX6, or FT7900, or both.

You might be the first person I've ever seen say to not buy a Baofeng. Any reason why I shouldn't? I've heard nothing but good reviews. I don't want to buy junk, but I also don't want to spend $200 on a handheld when I know that I'm setting up a base station as soon as I learn the ropes.

nothing wrong with them AT ALL. i have been using them for secondary radios for my fire and PD guys. in 2 years they have been hard pressed to break them. tx/rx are every bit as good as the kenwoods they get issued.

i say this as also owning several high dollar HT's.... vx-7r, vx-8g and a kenwood commercial radio. doing it all over again the baofung does 80% of what my expensive ht's do at 1/10th the price.

They have their downsides. I've probably had my hands on 800+ in the last year. Easy to brick if you're not paying attention to which firmware your images have, the audio amp can be blown if you try and "hot-swap" accessories, very few just don't work out of the box, the squelch circuits are not comparable to any Icom LMR, Kenwood LMR, or Motorola HT, they don't offer features some of the 5 times more expensive LMR HT's do (signaling encode, zones, signaling decode, IP ratings, programable function buttons, talk around, scan lists, etc). There are some things wrong with them but as stated, they are cheap.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:37:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:15:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I officially have a General license.
View Quote

Hot dog!

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:25:27 PM EDT
[#32]
I got my radio today and I'm so lost. I think I connected to a 440 repeater but I'm not hearing anything. I've gone all up and down the frequencies and I haven't heard a single thing. I'm only using the rubber duck antenna but I thought I would at least hear something, anything. I live in a pretty remote area but I thought that if I was connected to a repeater I could hear a lot of stuff. On the bottom of my screen it looks like I only have an S2 signal. I'm guessing that's my problem? Also, how do I connect to EchoLink? Any help would really be appreciated!

Edit: I found a weather channel and one active 2M channel. If it shows a plus or minus, does that mean I'm using the repeater?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:04:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I got my radio today and I'm so lost. I think I connected to a 440 repeater but I'm not hearing anything. I've gone all up and down the frequencies and I haven't heard a single thing. I'm only using the rubber duck antenna but I thought I would at least hear something, anything. I live in a pretty remote area but I thought that if I was connected to a repeater I could hear a lot of stuff. On the bottom of my screen it looks like I only have an S2 signal. I'm guessing that's my problem? Also, how do I connect to EchoLink? Any help would really be appreciated!

Edit: I found a weather channel and one active 2M channel. If it shows a plus or minus, does that mean I'm using the repeater?
View Quote

Do you have the programming cable?  Have you installed the CHIRP software?  Have you read all 18 pages of This Thread? A great deal of what you need to know will be covered there.  Yes, it's all about the 5R but a great deal of the information would be the 'same'.

Check the RepeaterBook to see what may ba happeing in your AO
RadioReference is a good resource too!

Are you licensed?  Echolink is pretty ease to do, just follow the directions on the site Here if you don't have a local 'node' you'll have to use your smart phone or PC (I have to use my Droid to connect)
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:51:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Thanks for the reply. I am licensed but I'm waiting for my callsign. I guess I can't use echolink until then. Someone else was saying something about an echolink registration taking a year? Hopefully it doesn't take that long...
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:03:53 PM EDT
[#35]
took less than a few days for me.  I snapped a pic of my lic and emailed it to them with my 'application'.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:22:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can't remember if you got a mobile or HT. If you are using a mobile don't use more than 5w of power in a rubber duck antenna to avoid damaging the radio and the antenna.

You can scan up and down the band to see if you can pick something up. If you hear a beep when someone unkeys/stops talking thats a pretty good indicator you are listening to a repeater. If you listen for around 10 minutes the repeater should ID via voice or morse code. Sometimes it will have other announcements such as its PL tone (helps stop interference) that will will need to set in order to key up the repeater.

The plus and minus symbols are the radio automatically setting the repeater offset frequency for the frequency you are tuned to. This is not something the radio gets from the repeater but is a standard offset the radio assumes for the given frequency. These are normally correct.
See: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/common-ham-radio-repeater-channel-spacings-and-off.html
Example: You hear someone talking on 147.300MHz and you hear the repeater announce it has a PL of 123. The repeater input offset is +600KHz which means your radio transmits on 147.900MHz. And the PL tone is 123Hz you have to set on your radio - this is a sub-audible tone your radio transmits along with your voice when you key the radio. The repeater looks for this tone as an extra check to verify its not getting interference.

The radio is not exchanging any information with the repeater (unless you have a DSTAR radio but thats another discussion). And you don't "connect" to a repeater as much as you broadcast to a frequency it is listening on and it broadcasts on a frequency you listen on (input/output frequency).

The biggest thing to figure out is if the repeater uses a PL tone that you need to set.

As far as echolink goes some repeaters have echolink built in and some don't. Otherwise its a program you download onto your computer (or smartphone even). They verify your license before giving you a login.

Hopefully I didn't confuse you further.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:12:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I've gone all up and down the frequencies and I haven't heard a single thing. I'm only using the rubber duck antenna but I thought I would at least hear something, anything. I live in a pretty remote area but I thought that if I was connected to a repeater I could hear a lot of stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I've gone all up and down the frequencies and I haven't heard a single thing. I'm only using the rubber duck antenna but I thought I would at least hear something, anything. I live in a pretty remote area but I thought that if I was connected to a repeater I could hear a lot of stuff.

It's very unlikely that just random tuning around would get you anything.  You need to get some particular frequencies entered into your radio and listen or scan those... local repeaters in your area along with the simplex calling frequencies.  If you just want to hear something you could try 144.390 which is the nationwide APRS frequency, so you'll probably hear some digital data bursts.

On the bottom of my screen it looks like I only have an S2 signal. I'm guessing that's my problem? Also, how do I connect to EchoLink? Any help would really be appreciated!

+ or - is telling you that the radio is using a transmitter offset for a repeater.  The amateur-market radios for the most part will automatically set a repeater offset for you when you tune to a repeater frequency (based on the standard bandplan).
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:50:03 PM EDT
[#38]
I should probably know this considering I have a general license, but do you have to stay on the repeater frequency to use the repeater? Also, how do I know if I'm connected to the repeater? I put in the frequency and the tone and didn't hear anything. I thought I would hear some people if I was on a repeater...
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:00:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I should probably know this considering I have a general license, but do you have to stay on the repeater frequency to use the repeater? Also, how do I know if I'm connected to the repeater? I put in the frequency and the tone and didn't hear anything. I thought I would hear some people if I was on a repeater...
View Quote

Well people aren't talking on repeaters all the time. To test if you are making it to the repeater....

Key down, say "This is <callsign>. Can I please get an audio report?", and let go. The repeater usually continues to transmit for a second after you stop transmitting - ending with a courtesy beep before ceasing. If you hear that you are successfully keying up the repeater and hopefully your signal is strong enough people can understand you. If someone is listening they will generally tell you if they can or can't make out your audio.

And if you tune to another frequency you are no longer using that repeater.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:11:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
took less than a few days for me.  I snapped a pic of my lic and emailed it to them with my 'application'.
View Quote

+1
camera on the phone, and clipped it to an e-mail.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:20:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Am I allowed to hit the PTT button if I don't have my callsign yet? I want to try to connect to some IRLP nodes but I see that you need to hit the PTT a few times to enter the DTMF.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:05:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Am I allowed to hit the PTT button if I don't have my callsign yet?
View Quote

No, no transmitting until you are licensed.  Keep checking the FCC website

Just be glad it's not a 3 month wait like when I got licensed
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:34:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I just got back and I'm happy to say that I passed both! I officially have a General license. Hopefully my radio and callsign get here asap.
View Quote

Congratulations, don't stop studying. Get your Extra at the next testing session.  I didn't want to put this link in my last post since you were a little hesitant about the material load for the two tests at once.  Stick with it you can do it.
An Extra Class study guide
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

You can also just take a screenshot of your ULS page.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

What is a ULS page? I really want to get registered while I wait for my callsign but it looks like I need my callsign to register... Over the last couple days I've heard a couple of conversations. It's VERY hard to listen and not reply.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 3:32:37 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
What is a ULS page? I really want to get registered while I wait for my callsign but it looks like I need my callsign to register... Over the last couple days I've heard a couple of conversations. It's VERY hard to listen and not reply.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls/index.htm?job=home

This is where you create (already created?) a free account with the FCC to manage your licenses, update your address, etc. If you're just getting started, your examiners may have created one for you when took the test.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#47]

This is where you create (already created?) a free account with the FCC to manage your licenses, update your address, etc. If you're just getting started, your examiners may have created one for you when took the test.

View Quote

I didn't see an account already created. I registered on the FCC website and got a VRN number. Can I register with EchoLink with just that? I also have the copy of the form the examiner mailed to the FCC showing that I passed the Technician and General tests. Also, I looked on the EchoLink website and it looks like the closest Echolink repeater is around 80 miles away. There is a repeater a few miles away, but it isn't listed on the EchoLink website. Hopefully I can get this all sorted out when I finally get my callsign...
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I didn't see an account already created. I registered on the FCC website and got a VRN number. Can I register with MegaLink with just that? I also have the copy of the form the examiner mailed to the FCC showing that I passed the Technician and General tests. Also, I looked on the MegaLink website and it looks like the closest MegaLink repeater is around 80 miles away. There is a repeater a few miles away, but it isn't listed on the MegaLink website. Hopefully I can get this all sorted out when I finally get my callsign...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I didn't see an account already created. I registered on the FCC website and got a VRN number. Can I register with MegaLink with just that? I also have the copy of the form the examiner mailed to the FCC showing that I passed the Technician and General tests. Also, I looked on the MegaLink website and it looks like the closest MegaLink repeater is around 80 miles away. There is a repeater a few miles away, but it isn't listed on the MegaLink website. Hopefully I can get this all sorted out when I finally get my callsign...

If I may ask, where is the ML repeater 80 miles away from you?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:45:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

The page from the FCC ULS website when your license is granted.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:09:06 AM EDT
[#50]

If I may ask, where is the ML repeater 80 miles away from you?
View Quote

I apologize, I got mixed up. I meant to say EchoLink. It's EchoLink node 307304 in Amarillo, TX.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top