Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2014 1:04:48 PM EDT
Anyone taken notice of this yet? Sounds very interesting...

http://www.connectsystems.com/index.html
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:39:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had one on pre order a couple months now. I was really impressed with the C700. Some say the c700's audio is low on DMR so hopefully that is fixed/addressed in the 7000.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:18:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah but you can't get one yet.  Apparently theres a JAN availability so far?  I had the guy put me on the waiting list for one which might be available in March.  Big back order.  We will see how many of those on the list actually buy one.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:29:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd like to see a unit or at least some real world experience on this, but the interest is there.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:33:58 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, glad to see some folks tracking on this. I can't wait to see how it works out. I can see these replacing my stable of Baofeng's...
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:31:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I wonder if they have a dPMR scrambler option for these radios. I know FCC does not allow it but it would be nice to have that capability. I remember reading that FCC once considered to allow scramblers for Amateur Radio. It's allowed in many other countries.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:57:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Interesting.

I wonder if they licensed the D-Star codec from Icom
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#7]
They were hoping to have it out back over the summer. I'm not waiting because I want one…CS has just stated that they will not even get a TRBO capable mobile out until they get the 7000 out.

I really have no interest in DSTAR but have been watching the progress of the CS7000 for nearly a year now.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 4:19:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Interesting.

View Quote

The DSTAR vocoder did cost them a few bucks for each chip.  But from what I've seen, its cheap.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Interesting.

View Quote

Trolls gonna troll.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:33:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

pretty cool that you posted on this, as i had just been on that site a couple days back, & been doing research on this thing.  looks very cool.  seems like the original goal was for it to be VHF/UHF, but now looks like he's only going to make it UHF, & there's going to be a CS7001 that is VHF (if i am reading the Yahoo group correctly).

here's a link to the Yahoo group, on which the owner posts fairly frequently:
CS7000 Yahoo group
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:36:57 PM EDT
[#11]
also, interview of the Connect Systems boss here on Ham Radio Now:

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:01:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I guarantee that if any potential future ham see's that video he will run away quickly from this hobby.

That dude creeps me out.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:59:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Trolls gonna troll.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting.

Trolls gonna troll.

How is that trolling?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:27:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Here's a video interview with the president of the company.

http://youtu.be/imUpkkpJKiU

NM, beat by Generalissimo.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:40:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I have been in their Yahoo group for about a year reading about this.

From the time I joined the group until now, it has been scaled back considerably from what I envisioned when it first started.

I thought that originally it was going to be like a "white box" radio where you could load firmware into it for whatever digital codec you wanted to run. So you could have one HT that could do P25, MotoTRBO, FreeDV, DStar......................
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top