Posted: 10/31/2014 3:29:45 PM EDT
I'll just leave this here.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:41:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Misguided youth...
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Charles Darwin to the courtesy phone, please...
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:32:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Leave him up there all winter.

BTW, it's "guy wire".
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:50:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Ugh...suspension trauma.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:32:49 PM EDT
[#5]
He was just hangin' around.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:51:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He was just hangin' around.
View Quote

Doin' VHF propagation research as a community service, I reckon.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 8:58:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I bet he gets good reception up there.  

And probably a nice matching pair of metal bracelets when he gets down.  At a minimum a trespassing charge.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 8:15:41 PM EDT
[#8]
There is a crossband repeater made up of a couple of ht's that are in a metal box near the top of that tower.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:37:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And probably a nice matching pair of metal bracelets when he gets down.  At a minimum a trespassing charge.
View Quote
Criminal trespassing is the usual charge for BASE jumpers. Know a dude who did the St. Louis arch and he actually got a bit jail time for that.

Doing BASE off antennas can be dicey if you have an off heading opening and can't steer away from the guy wires in time. Doing it at night ups the danger factor. Hard to see the wires until it's too late to take corrective action.

Was a skydiver in a previous life. D-13011 expert license. 2000 jumps. Blah blah blah. Ground crewed more than a couple BASE jumps.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 11:20:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got a D license also. High altitude, night, RW, CRW = I'd love to try some wingsuit stuff. But BASE =
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 11:24:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'd love to try some wingsuit stuff.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I'd love to try some wingsuit stuff.
It's a feeling that you are really flying. During my checkout I asked "How do you turn this thing?" Very experienced instructor from  Z-Hills said "Honestly, I don't know. You just think left and you turn left. Think right, go right. There is something hardwired in our brains for this." In the air he was exactly right.

There are some gear mods you have to do to. Primary is to extend the length of the main pilotchute bridle. This is to prevent what happened to me. On deployment you bring in both arms and legs collapsing the wings. Grab the pilotchute and extend all 4 limbs again during pitchout. My short bridle caused the pilotchute to fall back into the burble. A second or so later I felt the main d-bag bouncing around my legs. About the time I went OH SHEEET the pilotchute finally got clear air and the deployment went normal except for one line twist.

Do have a Birdman Gti sized for 5'10" at 175 lbs that needs to go to a good home. I don't jump enough anymore to be current to jump wingsuits.

But BASE =
Never could bet the farm on one roll of the dice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top