Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:07:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone participating?
View Quote

Indeed!  
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:08:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I was hoping my tower project was completed for it.  So no.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:16:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I won't enter the contest, but will be looking for that rare DX QSO.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:27:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was hoping my tower project was completed for it.  So no.  
View Quote

You got two more days to finish or c'mon down here and work some Dee-Axe.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:28:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Indeed!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone participating?

Indeed!  

What logging software will you be using for the contest?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:36:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone participating?

Indeed!  

Just HRD.  I should clarify, I will be participating a great deal, but I'm not really a contester and I won't be submitting a log.  I think I will actually try to compete in a contest and submit a log someday with software that's designed to work well for that, but for now I just use HRD and try to work a bunch of people.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:43:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Just HRD.  I should clarify, I will be participating a great deal, but I'm not really a contester and I won't be submitting a log.  I think I will actually try to compete in a contest and submit a log someday with software that's designed to work well for that, but for now I just use HRD and try to work a bunch of people.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone participating?

Indeed!  

I hear you. I'll probably do the same. It's a good opportunity to work new DX entities.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:50:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I fired up my rig to check it out this weekend and found my LLPG that switches between my PS and my battery is flaking out on me.  Direct connect to either works fine, but if I rely on the LLPG for switching, I get so much voltage drop my rig shuts down.  So I'll just operate a little more simply this weekend.  Or maybe I'll just run off battery power.  I've got 2 35Ah batteries.  I'll use one and put the other on solar charging.  I'll see how long that lasts me.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:35:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anyone participating?
View Quote

I have to work.  

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:13:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Hopefully 80m will net me some new DX....but most likely I will cherry pick contacts.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:59:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Today and tomorrow will be great for picking up some DX. There are a lot of stations warming up for the contest.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll be on to make contacts but will not be competing.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:48:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I won't enter the contest, but will be looking for that rare DX QSO.
View Quote

Pretty much this.  But I have to cut wood for my wife's grandparents Saturday. They heat their house only with wood. That'll take most of the day.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:18:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll be trying to run mobile, when I have time.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:39:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Have to work some tonight & Saturday. My company purchased  the state of CT phone systems from AT&T.  I hope to slip away for some radio time. Maybe get lucky & catch a new DX station or 2.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:04:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Got about 200 contacts so far. Some good DX. FTDX3000 rocks. It's amazing how well it can isolate S9+ stations almost on top of each other.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:24:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Band conditions are great, I just got NC.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:54:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Stick a fork in me. I'm going to bed. Good luck in the contest, y'all.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 7:06:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Even tho I had to work all weekend (just got home 30 minutes ago), I was able to make contacts with 3 new countries.    Not a lot, but it made me happy!

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:17:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Not planning on submitting a log or anything, but... most productive weekend on HF ever!
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:40:55 AM EDT
[#21]
I had to work most of the weekend, but managed to snag 3 new ones yesterday morning. 10m was hopping. QSO's with El Salvador,  Ascension Island on 10m & Marquesas Islands on 20m.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I had to work most of the weekend, but managed to snag 3 new ones yesterday morning. 10m was hopping. QSO's with El Salvador,  Ascension Island on 10m & Marquesas Islands on 20m.
View Quote

I added Macedonia, Bahrain, and Corsica.  I also got England on a new band.  (10M)

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 7:30:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I made about 450 contacts during the contest. Got some good DX entities.  I kept paper logs only and will not file. Got a question though, will my contact count for others if I don't file?
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:11:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I made about 450 contacts during the contest. Got some good DX entities.  I kept paper logs only and will not file. Got a question though, will my contact count for others if I don't file?
View Quote

No it will not

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:46:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Yup, that's the only reason I upload to LOTW is for others. I don't care if a contact is confirmed or not.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:12:46 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
No it will not

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No it will not

Wait, they won't get points in the contest if he doesn't file a log to the CQWW DX Contest folks?

or do you mean not count like for ARRL awards and stuff?

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:31:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Yup, that's the only reason I upload to LOTW is for others. I don't care if a contact is confirmed or not.
View Quote

I was talking about the contest score, not LOTW.  Btw, keeping a computer log would break my rule about not using computers with ham radio.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:15:28 PM EDT
[#28]
http://cqww.com/rules/current_rules_cqww.pdf

XII. JUDGING:
D. Log Checking:
3. Call sign errors (bust) or call signs not in the other log (NIL)
are removed and receive a penalty of two times the QSO point
value for that contact.

They do run log checking against other submitted logs.  What they don't specify, is what happens if there is no matching log submitted.  Do they count it as a call sign error, or ignore it without a matching log?

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:31:09 PM EDT
[#29]
I remember reading somewhere that the rules have changed and we could participate in a contest without filing. I thought I was helping other participants to get a better score.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 6:48:48 PM EDT
[#30]
I believe the negative hit only happens when the person you claim in your log submits one and you aren't in a matching entry there.  Do you really think that the thousands of hams that make a couple contacts but don't submit a log cause bad things for those who do submit?

LOTW confirmations are slowly rolling in.  So far I see Northern Ireland, Iceland, Turkey, and Isle of Man on 10 that I needed, along with Belarus on 15.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top