Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2014 8:33:49 AM EDT
I took this one HERE and NOT to GD as you guys likely have more talent.

I went to a shoot yesterday and the nearest neighbor called the cops  for the umpteenth time. (he lost)

He then put up a sign telling us to go back to hell where we came from and that Sunday was God's day, yada yada yada.

Being a duly ordained minister of the Universal Life Church I have decided that the next shoot I am going to hold a good old fashioned Sunday morning revival service.

I need a tape of about 45 minutes in length to play for background. I want it to sound something like the Blues Brothers church scene.

Anybody?
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:28:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Let me know if you want me to make it a "tape" for you.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 12:01:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Play the 1812 overture complete with gunshots timed for the cannons.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 12:46:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Cosmopolitan Church of Prayer.  Subscribed for the fall out!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 12:54:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I dare you to wear a big hat too.  

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 3:15:20 PM EDT
[#6]
PATTON

Followed by some 762NATO mag dumps.

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 3:22:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Keep 'em coming, Boys!!

I need about an hour's worth.

Tangotag, I am making a copy of that one for myself!
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 3:43:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Be sure to put "It's a small world" in the rotation.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I made it 0:51 sec.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 5:36:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't believe no one has stated the greatest one of all...Waggners "Flight of the Valkyries" from Apocalypse Now...I love the smell of napalm in the morning!
Sarge
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 6:09:05 PM EDT
[#12]
How about a walk around the neighborhood with your seeing eye cat. Tell the guy you can't see much but enjoy shooting targets. The cat is trained to look through the scope and give you a tap on your shoulder when you hit a target.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I am very surprised no one else thought of the end of Red State.  

If you have not seen the movie and don't mind the spoiler, watch to the end.   It will make more sense of why it is very appropriate for this mission.  

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:01:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks, guys.

I thing Jup has it under control.

I got me some good Gospel music coming.

This service isn't coming up for a few months, maybe as late as next spring.

when I hold this service I will let you guys know.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:02:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Cosmopolitan Church of Prayer.  Subscribed for the fall out!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_J6cXmbFOA
View Quote

This is a part of the collection.

Personally I love it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:00:02 PM EDT
[#16]
I feel a Spectra siren along with PA should be used somewhere in all of this. (This is the ham forum after all).
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 12:27:58 AM EDT
[#17]
All that remains now is to splice it all together.  I have just recorded about 10 long Gospel Choir / Tent Revival type pieces.

Will smoothly segue from one to the other, do some of my magic audio editing, and Voila!

Tent Revival time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgEOTc2qgVg

Preach it, Brother Piccolo!!!

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:21:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
All that remains now is to splice it all together.  I have just recorded about 10 long Gospel Choir / Tent Revival type pieces.

Will smoothly segue from one to the other, do some of my magic audio editing, and Voila!

Tent Revival time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgEOTc2qgVg

Preach it, Brother Piccolo!!!

View Quote

Blues Brothers 2k?
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Blues Brothers 2k?
View Quote

Leap of Faith - 1992
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 3:00:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Leap of Faith - 1992
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP6VDQ2J3QM
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blues Brothers 2k?

Leap of Faith - 1992
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP6VDQ2J3QM

Well, there was also the tent revival scene in BB 2k…
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:56:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Brother Piccolo's Revival Tent Meeting is done, to be mailed today.

I feel lifted up just for having done this.

Oh, wait, Blues Bros...

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:24:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Jupe,

Got it . Thanks!!

Right now it is in the background as I clean the kitchen. It needs a good scrubbing and it's GREAT background and because I am the only one home I can rant and rave and practice my sermon.

Incidentally if any of you think this is going to be some kind of sacrilegious orgiastic heathen party, guess again.

I am going to conduct a bona-fide Judeo-Christian divine service, open to all religions.

Yes, it will be loud, yes it will have a happy atmosphere to it and yes there will be music but it will be nothing more or less than a serious divine service. The subject of the sermon will be "Mr. Neighbor, TEAR DOWN THOSE SACRILEGIOUS SIGNS!

All I need now is a BDU shirt, large regular old style woodland camo and I have my chaplain's uniform. I guess it's off the eBay for that one.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:11:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Jupe,

Got it . Thanks!!

Right now it is in the background as I clean the kitchen. It needs a good scrubbing and it's GREAT background and because I am the only one home I can rant and rave and practice my sermon.

Incidentally if any of you think this is going to be some kind of sacrilegious orgiastic heathen party, guess again.

I am going to conduct a bona-fide Judeo-Christian divine service, open to all religions.

Yes, it will be loud, yes it will have a happy atmosphere to it and yes there will be music but it will be nothing more or less than a serious divine service. The subject of the sermon will be "Mr. Neighbor, TEAR DOWN THOSE SACRILEGIOUS SIGNS!

All I need now is a BDU shirt, large regular old style woodland camo and I have my chaplain's uniform. I guess it's off the eBay for that one.

View Quote

You need to start things off with the adhan (Muslim call to prayer) before you launch into your sermon.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:24:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You need to start things off with the adhan (Muslim call to prayer) before you launch into your sermon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jupe,

Got it . Thanks!!

I think that might actually be the best part.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:32:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Mil Chaplain  =  "Sky Pilot"

Naval origin.

Picc, tell 'em what a pilot does in nautical terms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top