Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2014 8:33:18 PM EDT
So y'all know that Fldigi has an option for an "audible" notification when certain key words ("Arfcom", "Arfcom Urgent", etc.) are seen on the frequency you are monitoring.  But apparently those only work on Linux, "for now".

I know a lot of y'all monitor the Arfcom digital guard frequencies with audible alerts.  How do you do that?  Obviously some of you use Linux, but is there another option?  I use both Mac OSX and Windows (dual boot), and primarily Fldigi (OSX and Windows) but also DRM or whatever in the last free version of HRD, which I'm not particularly fond of.

So, outside of "JOIN THE DARK SIDE!", is there some way to do that?

Thanks,

Popov

P.S. My next (radio dedicated) laptop will have Windows and Linux dual boot, but the current computer is full enough for now.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought Fldigi would do alerts on all platforms, but would only execute scripts on *nix.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I thought Fldigi would do alerts on all platforms, but would only execute scripts on *nix.
View Quote
It may very well, but I can't get mine to play an MP3 on Windows 7.  Haven't tried OSX yet.

Does it work for you?

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:00:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It may very well, but I can't get mine to play an MP3 on Windows 7.  Haven't tried OSX yet.

Does it work for you?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does it work for you?

Sure it does
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess the cross platform is just pop up window support.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:23:12 PM EDT
[#5]
It doesn't work on Windoze, I've tried and tried
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:29:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

It doesn't work on Windoze, I've tried and tried
View Quote
Me too

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:31:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:33:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote
What's your secret?

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:40:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What's your secret?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's your secret?

$ uname -a
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:45:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
$ uname -a
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's your secret?

$ uname -a
Is that some kinnna commie Linux talk?  We speak 'murican here, boy!

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:45:39 PM EDT
[#11]
No, but really, my computer I had Mint on died on me, so I'm stuck with these two for now.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:59:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:57:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Grr, still no luck with the audio alert.  However, it did help me fix my "spotting" issue for psk reporter!  Thanks!

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:38:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Friend replied to email inquiry,

"... you can click on VIEW then select SIGNAL BROWSER and type in the alert call/word you
want. The message containing those calls/words will turn RED in the PSK window on the left.  
The default is CQ."
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:56:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Here are a couple ideas:

1. Under Configure/Notifications, there is an option to run an external program when the notification runs. That could probably start a program to play a sound.

2. The linux version might run under the cygwin shell, allowing for scripts and alerts.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:18:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Here are a couple ideas:

1. Under Configure/Notifications, there is an option to run an external program when the notification runs. That could probably start a program to play a sound.

2. The linux version might run under the cygwin shell, allowing for scripts and alerts.

View Quote
That is the route I'm trying to go, but my understanding is that it only works under Linux.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top