Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2014 8:09:10 PM EDT
I recently bought an Ipad Air and got the PSKer app.

Has anyone developed a simple way to hook all the pieces together and have the T/R switching done with the touchpad?

Any help appreciated. I've been to Tigertronics page and it seems helpful just looking to see if I missed something.

TIA
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:30:26 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I recently bought an Ipad Air and got the PSKer app.

Has anyone developed a simple way to hook all the pieces together and have the T/R switching done with the touchpad?

Any help appreciated. I've been to Tigertronics page and it seems helpful just looking to see if I missed something.

TIA
View Quote

Check out the KF5INZ Easy Digi interface from eBay seller Clifford Wareham. (I have no connection to the seller.) When you buy the device you need to send him an email noting what radio you'll be using, and he sends you the correct cable. It uses the VOX setting of your radio to key it.

I got one to use with my iPad2 and IC7200 but haven't gotten VOX properly adjusted on the radio yet, so that it'll PTT.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:18:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for tip! That looks like it will fit the bill.

I also ran into an interface by KH6TY but the kit is no longer available. The plan for it is still available though.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:29:02 PM EDT
[#3]
What kind of radio are you wanting to hook it to?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:22:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What kind of radio are you wanting to hook it to?
View Quote
Icom 706 IIG.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:41:50 PM EDT
[#5]
It has vox so I would go with the easy digi. My sg2020 does not have vox so I'm having to do a workaround.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered an Easy Digi. I was hoping to get it today.

Maybe tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top