Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2014 8:24:39 AM EDT
On Sunday I reprogrammed my ft-7800 using CHIRP.
I overwrote several previously programmed locations.  All new entries are repeaters with tone.
Listening works good.  And on Sunday I transmitted fine on one of the new memory locations.
On Tuesday evening I powered it up and choose a different one of the new channels for a local net.
During check in I keyed up and the radio locked on TX.  I had to power cycle to clear it.
I tried again on the same location and it again locked.  I powered down and had to call it a night.
Last night, well really 2 am this morning, I keyed up on a different memory location and all was fine.
Went back to the problem location and keying up again locked it.

What am I missing when I look at the configuration that I haven't seen yet?
I can provide details of power levels, memory locations, etc later if needed.  
I'm hoping this is a known operator error for CHIRP and the FT-7800.

thx.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:39:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Might try a full reset and try again to upload memories to it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:53:41 PM EDT
[#2]
The problem may have been caused by Chirp.

I remember talking to Derek45 and he mentioned having issues with his Yaesu 7800 after programming with Chirp.

Try deleting the channel and manually entering the data to see if that corrects the problem.

Derek45  ended up buying and using this: http://www.g4hfq.co.uk/
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:38:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
~snip~

Derek45  ended up buying and using this: http://www.g4hfq.co.uk/
View Quote

I have been using that program for my 7800 and love it.  It had been a few years since I bought it, crashed my netbook it was on and lost it.  Emailed the guy to ask if there was any way I could recover it or if I would have to buy it again, had a new product key when I woke up in the morning  Seems easier than chirp (haven't played with chirp much, just DL it for my new Baofeng a couple weeks ago).

And tag for the outcome of the OPs problem.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:24:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm trying to stay with chirp because my other computer is running Ubuntu Linux and linux is my preferred direction.
Unless I misread the site, g4hfq's software is all windows based.  

I've tried the reset function, and redownloading the configuration.  I can listen but I'm not getting any response to calls.
So I've gone to plan B.  I bought a Wouxun quad band at the Shelby Hamfest.
And then I'll choose a place to send the Yaesu for possible repair.

On to getting the 950 connected and programmed for a 3pm ACS training net.
Thank you all for suggestions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top