Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2014 2:55:48 PM EDT
14.226 is Belgium.

Sat down trying to raise him as he was just calling CQ a few ago. I heard someones call sign listed as portable and it was 5/9 here. He got the guy in belgium and he returned 5/9.

When the guy said he was in MS I looked up his callsign. His address is about 45 miles from here. Well he did say he was currently in MS on his portable (he said truck) so at most he oculd be about 150-200 miles away from me. Seemed odd to get him while he was responding to the guy in Belgium.

Guy in Belgium is still on.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:17:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I would not find this odd from what you describe.

You will however see this and "QRP" used by stations to work DX stations when they are neither mobile or QRP.  Eff em.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I've heard that, but the guy in belguim started calling CQ just as I sat down and then the portable guy responded a few minutes later, there was no pileup to bust or nothing.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:29:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
14.666 is Belgium.

Sat down trying to raise him as he was just calling CQ a few ago. I heard someones call sign listed as portable and it was 5/9 here. He got the guy in belgium and he returned 5/9.

When the guy said he was in MS I looked up his callsign. His address is about 45 miles from here. Well he did say he was currently in MS on his portable (he said truck) so at most he oculd be about 150-200 miles away from me. Seemed odd to get him while he was responding to the guy in Belgium.

Guy in Belgium is still on.
View Quote

That part is odd.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry typo

14.266. Got that phat finger disease since my hands are never damaged for a while.

When I complained about it to a guy I work with that it was hard to feel the dimpled on the J and F keys. He stopped and looked and says damn your right. Like gee he's been doing what I do for 30 years and never realised there were bumps on the home keys lol.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top