Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2014 6:32:37 AM EDT
http://www.tvtechnology.com/article/ham-operator-gets--fine-for-hogging-frequency/271421

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:39:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Without looking, 14.313?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:39:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Good. They should fine a few more of those tards on 14.313 too.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:51:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Without looking, 14.313?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Without looking, 14.313?

BINGO!

According to the FCC, several complaints from other hams have been filed against Guernsey for monopolizing 14.313 MHz, going back as far as 2003. This last March, field agents from the commission’s Detroit office tracked the interference to the address on record for Guernsey’s station, KZ80. They monitored his transmissions, which a prerecorded song and animal sounds.
- See more at: http://www.tvtechnology.com/article/ham-operator-gets--fine-for-hogging-frequency/271421#sthash.xWKMocsi.dpuf
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:23:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Mr. Guernsey has been repeatedly warned in writing by the Enforcement Bureau
about causing interference to other amateur radio operators.
View Quote

What a freaking idiot.  They sent him several warnings in the mail and he still kept at it.

But they didn't pull his license?

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:30:07 AM EDT
[#5]
WTF!? Why is he allowed to keep a license?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:42:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Repeat offender generating revenue?!
Agree, should revoke license.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:15:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I tuned into 14.313 for 4 minutes and 12 seconds once.  I want that time back.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:21:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Actually last night there was someone there being normal.  I stopped on the signal, then realized it was 14.313, but noted as I reached for the dial it was a normal ham conversation and not insanity.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:33:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Actually last night there was someone there being normal.  I stopped on the signal, then realized it was 14.313, but noted as I reached for the dial it was a normal ham conversation and not insanity.
View Quote

Someone was ranting on there this morning with a nice overlay of SSTV. I tried to see what the SSTV signal was but didn't get it in time. Come to think of it, it's probably best I didn't see it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Someone was ranting on there this morning with a nice overlay of SSTV. I tried to see what the SSTV signal was but didn't get it in time. Come to think of it, it's probably best I didn't see it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone think its long past due for a /r/aww invasion SSTV QSO Party? (I think thats the right term...) Actually, that is probably in the voice only portion of the band so probably not. Just checked, G2G!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:39:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:09:31 PM EDT
[#12]
If they cleaned up .313, where would we tune up our amps?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:17:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If they cleaned up .313, where would we tune up our amps?
View Quote

14.272??
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:26:58 PM EDT
[#14]
What's on 14.272.0?

I guess I don't spend much time on SSB.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:04:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What's on 14.272.0?

I guess I don't spend much time on SSB.
View Quote

SSTV.

And 14.236 is digital voice.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:19:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Still sounds like the same cess pool.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:34:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

Hey they gotta get them one at a time.  It's sort of like that group of asswipes that buzzes you at 100mph on your commute.  Eventually they pay their speed tax.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:19:58 AM EDT
[#18]
If only IC  would nail a certain Canadian nutjob.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:16:22 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
Helping to keep our taxes low, one fine at a time

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:00:48 AM EDT
[#20]
I think it was Picc who said if you throw out your toilet where will you shit?

ETA: I'm sure it's been said before, but he said in in context to 313
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:14:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Awesome.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:04:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I think it was Picc who said if you throw out your toilet where will you shit?

ETA: I'm sure it's been said before, but he said in in context to 313
View Quote

I kind of agree, though after 12 years of complaints, they had to do something. Its like when the cops do a sting in the red light district. All the pros know about it so only the idiots get caught, it makes the populous feel safer, and it don't change a thing
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:50:32 AM EDT
[#23]
You have to wonder with all of the other agencies putting together tactical teams if they will too.  Or they already have one and need a way to justify it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:09:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Too true, Karol draws nutjobs to .313 like moths to a flame. Until Industry Canada also starts to clean up .313, it will still be a cesspool.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:28:43 AM EDT
[#25]
I have no delusions of grandeur that this will be an amazing fix to .313, but the frequency has been eerily quiet here.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:50:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have no delusions of grandeur that this will be an amazing fix to .313, but the frequency has been eerily quiet here.
View Quote

Not here.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:22:50 AM EDT
[#27]
I'll bet the FCC will be lucky to see a fraction of that $22K.  Most hams it seems appeal the amount and get it significantly reduced.  Has K1MAN ever paid any money for all violations racked up over the years.  His license was finally yanked recently but that was due in part to him never paying a dime to the FCC.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#28]
now how do i find out if my antenna is hooked up right?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Does anyone think that amount of a fine is really a deterrent? First they have to ID you, find you, then fine you. Without a significant penalty and forfiture of equipment I don't really see it as a deterrent, and that's just two people.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Does anyone think that amount of a fine is really a deterrent? First they have to ID you, find you, then fine you. Without a significant penalty and forfiture of equipment I don't really see it as a deterrent, and that's just two people.
View Quote

It's the fact they finally did something about 14.313 at all.  The ARRL has been pretty vocal about the lacks of enforcement from the FCC on the amateur bands.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:12:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Never invite "The Man" into your life.

Section 303(n) of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, (Act) gives the Federal Communications Commission the "authority to inspect all radio installations associated with stations required to be licensed by any Act, or which the Commission by rule has authorized to operate without a license under section 307(e)(1), or which are subject to the provisions of any Act, treaty, or convention binding on the United States . . ." 47 U.S.C. 303(n) Both Section 303(n) of the Act, and the Rules which implement the Act, grant the right to inspect most radio operations to the Commission, and by delegated authority to the Commission's Bureaus and agents. The Enforcement Bureau conducts inspections of radio installations as part of the Bureau's function to "[e]nforce the Commission's Rules and Regulations." 47 CFR 0.111(a).

Both licensees and non-licensees must allow an FCC Agent to inspect their radio equipment. Along with the privilege of possessing a license come responsibilities such as knowing the applicable rules, including allowing the station to be inspected. Licensees should be aware of the Commission's right to inspect. Equally important, FCC Agents are allowed to inspect the radio equipment of non-licensees. Non-licensees include those individuals or entities operating in accordance with Part 15 of the Rules. Non-licensees also include those who should have a license to operate their equipment but have not obtained a license and are operating without authority.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:03:15 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

now how do i find out if my antenna is hooked up right?

View Quote
Do you mean if your emissions are within safe operating levels?

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:39:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Too true, Karol draws nutjobs to .313 like moths to a flame. Until Industry Canada also starts to clean up .313, it will still be a cesspool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that's his purpose in life......that, and drinking excessively.

His supporters are real humdingers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top