Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:09:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Keeping this out of the archives.  About 6 weeks to go and I've been playing Call of Duty Advanced Warfare instead of being on the air for the past week.    Deleted that one pesky QSO from 2005 that was in my log too.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:14:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Keeping this out of the archives.  About 6 weeks to go and I've been playing Call of Duty Advanced Warfare instead of being on the air for the past week.    Deleted that one pesky QSO from 2005 that was in my log too.

http://i.imgur.com/EK1Flfn.jpg
View Quote

Is the number of "DXCC"s total DX contacts or unique entities (countries)?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 7:03:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Number of DXCCs is the number of entities, and the Number of QSO's is the number of contacts.

Here's the DXCC count broken down by band so far for 2014.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The Number of DXCCs is the number of entities, and the Number of QSO's is the number of contacts.

http://i.imgur.com/OP6z1wz.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you contacted 112 different DX entities on 10m alone?  I'm impressed.  I don't think I have 112 entities in all bands/modes.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, Brundoggie.  I've kind of evolved my station and operating style to work DX like this and rarely do anything else on the air.  Lots of times I'll just watch the DX cluster and work stations as I see other US hams spot them.  A lot of them come from DX contests and DXpeditions.  Sometimes I'll tune the bands looking for them myself but I almost never call CQ.

If you have an electronic log and want to see what you've worked all broken down with these reports and more, just create a free account on ClubLog if you haven't already.  Then just upload your log and view the reports.

https://secure.clublog.org/index.php
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:51:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are winning!
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Great numbers! I think I'm still stuck somewhere around 150, but I haven't looked in awhile...I'll upload a new log and see where I stand.

ETA:
Doing a bit better than I had thought.

Number of DXCCs 166
Number of QSOs 2377
CW: 16.79%
Phone: 56.46%
Data: 26.76%

Considering I've only been on the air since February, I'm tickled pink by how many entities I have managed to get.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:52:26 PM EDT
[#8]
#DXCC entities: 59 (54 LoTW, 4 paper, 1 eQSL/AG)
#QSOs: approx 950

CW: 0
Phone: 2
Data: ~950

i'm getting my ass kicked by you guys
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:08:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
ETA:

Number of DXCCs 166
Number of QSOs 2377

Considering I've only been on the air since February, I'm tickled pink by how many entities I have managed to get.
View Quote

Damn....

I don't 2300 total QSOs.  Much less in one year.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:15:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Damn....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ETA:

Number of DXCCs 166
Number of QSOs 2377

Damn....

lots of ARRL centennial chasing....and the fact that I wake up in the morning before anyone else and play radio...and...oh who am I to try to make an excuse.

ETA: there is something wrong with that number! LoTW says 1273 which I think is closer to being correct.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:16:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
#DXCC entities: 59 (54 LoTW, 4 paper, 1 eQSL/AG)
#QSOs: approx 950

CW: 0
Phone: 2
Data: ~950

i'm getting my ass kicked by you guys
View Quote

We're counting number worked, you don't need to have them confirmed.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:28:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

We're counting number worked, you don't need to have them confirmed.  
View Quote

Because I work mainly digital, the number worked is the number of confirmed.  I wish I had the time to work more contests.  Hell, I wish I had a better antenna so my rig wasn't so deaf.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:43:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Almost ashamed to post this.

DXCC countries: 109
Total DXCC QSO's: 330

Some highlights are:
KG4EM Guantanamo Bay
V73RY Kwajalein Atoll
HD8A Galapagos Islands
E51JD South Cook Islands
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:22:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Almost ashamed to post this.

DXCC countries: 109
Total DXCC QSO's: 330

Some highlights are:
KG4EM Guantanamo Bay
V73RY Kwajalein Atoll
HD8A Galapagos Islands
E51JD South Cook Islands
View Quote

Pretty awesome highlights!
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:27:19 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm at 126 confirmed DX so far.  They are all phone & digital QSO's. If I can ever learn CW, I'll be crapping in tall cotton.
Total # of QSO's logged for this month, is the lowest since I've been on the air.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:09:40 AM EDT
[#16]

256 DXCC worked and 233 confirmed since 2010.  

Link Posted: 12/4/2014 7:36:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Looking good guys.  Thread now safe from the archives until after the end of the year.

Link Posted: 12/4/2014 10:15:31 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm up to 60 DXCC now  I added Jersey a couple of weeks ago.

I haven't had much time to play lately, but am looking forward to the 10m RTTY contest this upcoming Sunday, and the ARRL 10m contest the following weekend.  Even those of use without the space for a large antenna can have fun during 10m contests.  Hopefully my new tuner will arrive next weekend and I can get the Jupiter on the air for the ARRL contest.  I should be able to add several DX countries during the two contests.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 12:27:26 AM EDT
[#19]
I am on vacation starting tomorrow through New Years and looking forward to some Ham action.  Tomorrow, weather permitting, I'll be putting in some radials for my 6BTV.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#20]
63 now.  The 10m RTTY contest was good to me.  3 new ones: Andorra, Barbados, and Morocco.  And a couple on 10m for the first time: Columbia and New Zealand.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 11:16:35 AM EDT
[#21]
169 I don't think I'll be able to break 170 before the new year without some serious time and effort put in. In any event I'm extremely happy with the number!
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't have that many in over two years.  And it's not because I haven't been trying.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 8:26:28 PM EDT
[#23]
I just turned off the radio for the day and went through the log.  How did I end at 999 QSO's for the year?  

Well, since 2014 UTC just ended a bit ago, here's my results.

And here's my current LOTW totals.  I've been stuck on 239 and 899 for a while now.

ETA:  And an additional 12 entities confirmed with a card but not on LOTW.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 8:36:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Started logging in July, country count is currently at 79 for all modes/bands (but mostly SSB).  456 log entries, 239 are DX.

Nick
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 9:39:32 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm pretty sure I lost.

Looking forward to the new year.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 4:31:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Even on a government funded DXpedition, I can't compete.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 9:00:02 AM EDT
[#27]

Not bad for just a wire antenna strung up in a tree!

I am very happy with my results.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#28]
All with wire antennas and the I-Max 2000 vertical that I added a few months ago. I have 132 confirmed in LoTW, & several cards I could toss in the mix. I surpassed my goals for the year, now to learn CW. Enjoying every minute I get to spend with this hobby.  Appreciate all the ARFHAM friends that have helped me along the way. Here's to good DX in 2015!

Link Posted: 1/1/2015 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#29]

I only had about 1500 QSOs and 52 countries in 2014.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:18:27 AM EDT
[#30]
All of this makes me sad I can't log when I'm in the car.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:24:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've been thinking of this since I started planning my mobile install. I was thinking about using a small digital voice recorder to log my contacts. I don't know if it will work or not, but...
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 11:30:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I've been thinking of this since I started planning my mobile install. I was thinking about using a small digital voice recorder to log my contacts. I don't know if it will work or not, but...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use my phone (Samsung S5) and the voice recorder app to log contacts.  I set the car clock to GMT, though I wish it would do 24hr format.  It doesn't eat a lot of memory.  I just reiterate the other callsign, the band, the time, RST and hit stop.  If I am calling CQ I hit start again and repeat.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 11:41:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I use my phone (Samsung S5) and the voice recorder app to log contacts.  I set the car clock to GMT, though I wish it would do 24hr format.  It doesn't eat a lot of memory.  I just reiterate the other callsign, the band, the time, RST and hit stop.  If I am calling CQ I hit start again and repeat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah...I almost forgot that I just exited the dark ages and have a smart phone now. I was just playing with the voice record feature last night. That will work great!.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top