Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/30/2013 8:49:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 10:00:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Added to my cart.  I will have to be bad in Church tomorrow and order it during the service  Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 11:19:29 AM EDT
[#2]
nice!  I was contemplating picking up another pair of these.  It'll be nice to get one on the cheap at least.

for those who don't want to dig through upcoming deals, it starts at 10:50 (central time) tomorrow.

If you miss this deal, you can get them for $30  through amazon as well.  I have a UV-5R+ and a couple of straight UV-5R radios.  The spare batteries I have work on both types.  

Amazon has several variants of these for different prices from 29.56 up to 39.99
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#3]
so how's this work?  i add to cart now, then i check into my shopping cart tomorrow at the appointed time, & click buy?  are the times listed Pacific Time, since Amazon is in WA state?
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 12:21:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 3:40:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Added to cart and got my alarm set.

Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Is this deal done?
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Not until tomorrow morning!

OP, thanks so much for bringing this to our attention.  Will be nice a. to see what all the fuss is about with these radios and b. to have another HT on hand.

So basically I should just refresh my cart at 10:50:01 tomorrow morning, see the new price, and decide whether to pull the trigger or not?

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 6:30:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Is this a good radio?
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 8:28:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this a good radio?
View Quote

It is a good radio for the money but it's not Icom or Yaesu which will cost you much much more.
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I could not figure out what Lightning deals OP was talking about but went ahead and ordered two of them darn things. Estimated delivery - December 12 (probably shipping from China).
It's like going to a Harbor Freight Store. You don't need anything in particular but always find "great" deals and end up spending money.
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 8:39:13 PM EDT
[#11]
thx, man.  much appreciated.

Quoted:

I think the times listed are based on your current location.  Once the lightning deal starts you have to add it to your cart before the number allotted for the sale are gone.  As I have done a few of these, it seems that putting it in your cart prior to the sale starting gives you a jump in line and a better chance of actually getting one.  You have to check out within 15 minutes of adding it to your cart (or the deal starting if already in your cart) or the next person on the wait list gets a shot at it.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
so how's this work?  i add to cart now, then i check into my shopping cart tomorrow at the appointed time, & click buy?  are the times listed Pacific Time, since Amazon is in WA state?

I think the times listed are based on your current location.  Once the lightning deal starts you have to add it to your cart before the number allotted for the sale are gone.  As I have done a few of these, it seems that putting it in your cart prior to the sale starting gives you a jump in line and a better chance of actually getting one.  You have to check out within 15 minutes of adding it to your cart (or the deal starting if already in your cart) or the next person on the wait list gets a shot at it.  

Link Posted: 11/30/2013 8:43:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't see myself using these. But if it's cheap enough, I'll pick up a couple for other people to use... Is there a quantity limit on these deals?
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 8:54:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't see myself using these. But if it's cheap enough, I'll pick up a couple for other people to use... Is there a quantity limit on these deals?
View Quote

I don't think there is a limit.
I own a UV-5RC and it seems to work ok. Great battery life. I use it on simplex only. Programming them can be a pain in the arse. I got a cable but don't have enough patience to make it work. It's very low on my priority list. Simplex is just fine since I hardly ever use repeaters except a cross band repeater at the house.
These Bao Fangs will also transmit on MURS and FRS/GMRS frequencies
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 8:54:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll check out the deal in the AM. Like I need another Baofeng.. I just waited for a Lightning Deal on the RCBS Chargemaster, original price was $319, deal was $249 deal said savings of $234, sounds like fuzzy math.).. I passed. I already have the scale and really only need the dispenser. Was going to buy if it was a real deal.

Hopefully the UV-5R is a buy in the morning.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:44:09 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm not seeing anything special.  $39 for the UV-5R+ is what I paid a month or so ago.  Is there something I need tot do to see lightning deals, or is this it?
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 4:44:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Lightning Deals Page-

Actual Radio as linked from above page UV-5R+

Current price is $39.99......bet they drop it to $29.99....

will be coming outta Church about 1150 when the sale begins........
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 5:07:38 AM EDT
[#17]
tag but I was hoping it would be for the 2m/220 version
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 5:12:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
tag but I was hoping it would be for the 2m/220 version
View Quote

I bought one of these for that.........

not $40....YMMV
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 5:23:49 AM EDT
[#19]
What is the official recommended upgraded antennas for these?  Since I have a couple more in the cart might as well pick up antennas to match.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 5:29:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What is the official recommended upgraded antennas for these?  Since I have a couple more in the cart might as well pick up antennas to match.
View Quote

I haven't tried this year yet, but in years past, you could only order one of any given lightning deal.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 5:30:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I picked up a Nagoya 701 for one of mine.  I has made the difference between just breaking squelch on a repeater, to being able to talk on it from inside the house.  Trying to decide if I want to give a longer one a shot to see what that will get me.  The hard part is figuring out which one to try:  Diamond, Comet, MFJ, or the Nagoya 771.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 6:01:16 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I picked up a Nagoya 701 for one of mine.  I has made the difference between just breaking squelch on a repeater, to being able to talk on it from inside the house.  Trying to decide if I want to give a longer one a shot to see what that will get me.  The hard part is figuring out which one to try:  Diamond, Comet, MFJ, or the Nagoya 771.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just remember these have the Motorola style connection on them so you need an antenna with female SMA connection IRRC  

Link Posted: 12/1/2013 6:18:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just remember these have the Motorola style connection on them so you need an antenna with female SMA connection IRRC  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, they would need the version with the SMA-F connector for the stock Baofeng.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 6:28:01 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm an Amazon lightning deal master and just a few things on this, one don't be expecting 50% off the list price of $40 although it's true their lighting deals usually state that it's 40,50,60% off that's in addition to what they are already saying is taking off.  In this case it's already being listed as 60% off before the deal, so I'm guessing it will be something like $32.  Seconds be careful with adding beforehand, they may have changed it this year but last year during a lighting deal you could still purchase the item for the regular price.  You had to go through the lighting deal section to get it for that price, as said that could have change but just make sure you're getting it cheaper than $40 before purchasing.  Lastly as someone said with a lighting deal they limit it to one per customer although it's not uncommon for them to run the same items a few days later (this is the first I've seen this item listed).
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 7:21:24 AM EDT
[#25]
I can add that trying to add in advance did not seem to work for me last on a lightning deal. I had to add the item from the deal. At one point I actually had the same item in my cart with both prices.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 7:34:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 7:50:36 AM EDT
[#27]
$30.99   Pass...  Don't need an extra that bad.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 7:50:39 AM EDT
[#28]
$31.... not bad at all, I was a dollar off with my prediction of $32.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 7:51:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Done deal!  Thanks guys!!  Free shipping and handling - deal indeed.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 7:51:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, you can still get it for less if you go with the non + version which is only a cosmetic difference.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 7:52:10 AM EDT
[#31]
That was easy
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 7:54:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Dang I was going to get some yellow ones but they are not part of the deal .
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 7:54:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yep, you can still get it for less if you go with the non + version which is only a cosmetic difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And for another $9 bucks you can get the UV-B5.

Link Posted: 12/1/2013 7:58:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Lightning Deals Page-

Actual Radio as linked from above page UV-5R+

Current price is $39.99......bet they drop it to $29.99....

will be coming outta Church about 1150 when the sale begins........
View Quote

Yep, $30 a piece with free shipping and there seems to be no quantity limit unless I missed something.
Ordered another one 2 minutes ago. Estimated delivery - Dec. 13th.  I'm a stupid radioholic. Good for Christmas gifts though
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 8:00:20 AM EDT
[#35]
got in on one also
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 8:01:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Passing as well.

For an extra unneeded, had to impulse buy it because it was on sale, just not quite enough of a deal. Had I been looking to buy one, this would have been a good deal. Hopefully some of those that are looking made the purchase. It's a "good" little radio and a darn good value for what it is.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 8:03:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Grabbed one as well.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 8:13:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Couldn't help myself. Oh well, add it to my fleet of 2 B5's and an 82.
I couldn't stand to have an odd number...

Now, to take that ham test
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 8:24:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 8:46:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Damn black radio disease.
I added in a Nagoya antenna with the order.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 9:07:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Damn black radio disease.
I added in a Nagoya antenna with the order.
View Quote

Yeah, I didn't really NEED another one, but I had to HAVE another one.  OH LOOK!  Other shiny things, too.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 6:12:21 PM EDT
[#42]
I already own one... and don't care for it enough to buy another... even at $30.

I will stick to my Kenwood stuff.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 6:43:25 PM EDT
[#43]
My delivery date is the 3rd. Are you guys saying the 13th not Prime?
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 6:51:30 PM EDT
[#44]
I've got an ETA for the 4th on my prime.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 7:00:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 7:33:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Same
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've got an ETA for the 4th on my prime.

Same

Your guaranteed delivery date is:
Tuesday, December 3, 2013

ETA:  And thanks for the tip, Dan!  I don't need this but I think I'll give it to a friend as a Christmas gift.  We don't exchange gifts but I know he's always wanted a handheld but always needed the funds for something else.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 9:24:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Bought one, will be a nice addition hiking gear.  Thanks guys.

Zach

ETA:  My delivery date is 2 December.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 9:25:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
My delivery date is the 3rd. Are you guys saying the 13th not Prime?
View Quote

What prime? I got a free low life special delivery via a slave wagon from China.

Update: Got confirmation e-mail. New scheduled delivery is Dec. 4th.
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 6:08:00 AM EDT
[#49]
You could always get the UV-5Ra for under $35 on amazon...  Same radio just s different looking external case, and supposed to be stronger according to reviews.  I have one that has been part of my EDC for almost a year and has been beat to hell.  Still going strong and works great.  

http://www.amazon.com/Baofeng-UV5RA-136-174-Dual-Band-Transceiver/dp/B009MAKWC0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385996672&sr=8-1&keywords=uv-5ra

$30.37

Add an antenna or spare battery to get you super saver free shipping
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 6:10:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
You could always get the UV-5Ra for under $35 on amazon...  Same radio just s different looking external case, and supposed to be stronger according to reviews.  I have one that has been part of my EDC for almost a year and has been beat to hell.  Still going strong and works great.  

http://www.amazon.com/Baofeng-UV5RA-136-174-Dual-Band-Transceiver/dp/B009MAKWC0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385996672&sr=8-1&keywords=uv-5ra

$30.37

Add an antenna or spare battery to get you super saver free shipping
View Quote

Here ya go...
UV-5R $29.65

http://www.amazon.com/BaoFeng-UV-5R-136-174-400-480-Dual-Band/dp/B007H4VT7A/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1385996672&sr=8-12&keywords=uv-5ra

These things are all over amazon...  Defiantly search for the best price before pulling the trigger.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top