Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 6:36:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd drill/punch and mount to a corner inside the bed - just me though....

Link Posted: 4/18/2013 6:42:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Look at the breedlove or geotool mounts.

This ^^^
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 2:07:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw one these antennas this morning. A guy was driving a newer Jeep Wrangler with the antenna mounted on his front bumper, just like the one on the pictures. It looked slick, nothing like my nerdy looking Tarheel screwdriver. Too bad he was driving in the opposite direction. I would love to see it closer.

This one?
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/68921_447821828620109_736264003_n.jpg
He wrotes:"I carried on a 20 minute 40 meter QSO all of the way home tonight with several hams ranging from Florida, Maine and Ohio. Great signal reports. I haven’t been able to do that for a long time" (source)
New video "Stealth 93-series mobile HF antennas inside look"

What's the advantage of mounting the antenna on the front vs. the rear bumper?    I see many people mounting in the front but still could not see a clear advantage.   It seems to expose the antenna a lot more to impacts.  

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 3:15:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw one these antennas this morning. A guy was driving a newer Jeep Wrangler with the antenna mounted on his front bumper, just like the one on the pictures. It looked slick, nothing like my nerdy looking Tarheel screwdriver. Too bad he was driving in the opposite direction. I would love to see it closer.

This one?
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/68921_447821828620109_736264003_n.jpg
He wrotes:"I carried on a 20 minute 40 meter QSO all of the way home tonight with several hams ranging from Florida, Maine and Ohio. Great signal reports. I haven’t been able to do that for a long time" (source)

What's the advantage of mounting the antenna on the front vs. the rear bumper?    I see many people mounting in the front but still could not see a clear advantage.   It seems to expose the antenna a lot more to impacts.  

Doesn't get in the way of the trunk/tailgate/trailer
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Yea i want one. Just wish it did 6 meters but i can do a second ant for that for my ts480.
Link Posted: 5/3/2013 7:32:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This one?

Hood lower than roof too. Less metal to reflect rf.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top