Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked Who is on the air? (Page 110 of 122)
Page / 122
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 8:22:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pilotman:

Again tonight.... post here or send me a PM.

Sorry I missed you last night, GySgt!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I'm around, would like to test my emergency power setup.  Any mode (including CW) 80-10m.

Tuned on the primary 20 m phone guard freq. and standing by.

I'm flexible, can work any band 80 or higher, and any digital mode.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By TNC:

View All Quotes
I'm around, would like to test my emergency power setup.  Any mode (including CW) 80-10m.

14.261?  Got DX at .260

I'll call CQ on .265, that's clear here.  Suffix ends in mike alpha.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:01:33 PM EDT
[#3]

14.261?  Got DX at .260

View All Quotes

14.261?  Got DX at .260

I'm trying  14.265 right now,  call ends in  JNN
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:02:37 PM EDT
[#4]
USB, right?
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:04:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Just QSY'ed to 265. Call ends in FO
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:04:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:
USB, right?
View Quote

yep. on 20 m
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:08:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I hear some garbled voice down in the noise..
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:13:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe it's not meant to happen tonight-this is my first night with an antenna up after I got my  KX3 after Dayton.  I've made two contacts so far on 20, one local and one in Richmond VA.

I'm running 5w and a 29 foot ramdom wire.  I'm in my back yard and getting torn up by the mosquitoes.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:16:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Strong signal on 14.267
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:16:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe it's not meant to happen tonight-this is my first night with an antenna up after I got my  KX3 after Dayton.  I've made two contacts so far on 20, one local and one in Richmond VA.

I'm running 5w and a 29 foot ramdom wire.  I'm in my back yard and getting torn up by the mosquitoes.
View Quote

We should have a path.  Try calling again, I just QSOd on that freq with TX.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:21:05 PM EDT
[#11]
K gimme a sec
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:25:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I hear quite a few stations down near the noise floor,  I'm calling cq
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:27:25 PM EDT
[#13]
We trying for. 265 of . 267?
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:30:58 PM EDT
[#14]
We trying for. 265 of . 267?
View Quote

I've been listening and calling on .265
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Well,  I have to take my antenna down,  it's getting dark here.  Thanks for the effort!
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 10:52:47 PM EDT
[#16]
20 meters is wide open into Europe, ZL, VK. Just talked to Kuwait, S9+20 report both ways.
I'm thinking about "parking" at around 14.160 and calling CQ. Y'all welcome to join. My suffix is *PAL.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 10:54:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Gyprat:
20 meters is wide open into Europe, ZL, VK. Just talked to Kuwait, S9+20 report both ways.
I'm thinking about "parking" at around 14.160 and calling CQ. Y'all welcome to join. My suffix is *PAL.
View Quote

I'm tuned up there
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 11:01:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I heard a lot of activity on 20, but I was listening with headphones in my back yard so I had a hard time copying most of it.This was my first serious outing with my KX3 and I made my first HF contacts tonight. Both were on 20m, one guy was about 3miles from me running 900 (!) watts, the other guy was in Richmond, VA-both on voice.

I'm still fingering around my radio in the dark so to speak and am experimenting with filters and settings, for all I know my mic sensitivity is wrong... I did pic up quite a few CW stations that sounded great and very copy able..... Or at least they will be when I learn CW. I couldn't get my KX3 to decode their text, I'm sure it was how I had it set up.

I spent about 2 hours outside until it was dark and I had to take it down and collect all my stuff from the yard. I'm really glad to be able to make those contacts... The radio was a bit of a leap of faith. It's good to know that I'll be able to reach SOMEBODY if things ever go pear shaped for me.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Damned lightning. Looks like I'm not going to get to play radio today, even after getting the cat5e repaired. :(
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By awptickes:
http://i.imgur.com/YomIOW8.png

Damned lightning. Looks like I'm not going to get to play radio today, even after getting the cat5e repaired. :(
View Quote

Dude, please fix your amplitude scaling on your panadapter, say from -40 to -130
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By aa777888-2:

Dude, please fix your amplitude scaling on your panadapter, say from -40 to -130
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By aa777888-2:
Originally Posted By awptickes:
http://i.imgur.com/YomIOW8.png

Yep, thanks. I knew I missed something with the database update.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:09:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TXBBQGuy] [#22]
14.289 calling CQ, bravo november

QRT for supper, back in a bit. Dave from SC is holding down the freq

Well, not sure why that didn't post originally but I'm back

Off to play on 2m SSB
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:26:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LT_Beaker] [#23]
Im on 14.320 calling CQ.  Trying a new fan dipole  too much crunch...
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 7:11:43 PM EDT
[#24]
WR4CC 21.295
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 6:50:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone around tonight?  I'm bouncing around 20 and 40 trying a homebrew dipole but not getting any luck.

I'm on 14.320 now.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:23:48 PM EDT
[#26]
I am sitting at 14.277.00 currently, figured I would play before heading to bed.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 4:32:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LT_Beaker] [#27]
parked at 7.250 - spanish AM station just moved in

QSY to 7.190

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:38:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone on the air tonight? I'm having good results on 20 and 40 and wouldn't mind talking to someone for a bit.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:42:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Anyone on the air tonight? I'm having good results on 20 and 40 and wouldn't mind talking to someone for a bit.
View Quote

Pick a freq. 20m is better for me at this time of day.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:47:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Brundoggie:

View All Quotes

How about 14.244 USB?
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:55:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Been calling CQ, seems like only the mosquitos are finding me. Gonna pull up stakes for the night and pack it away.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#32]

How about 14.244 USB?
View All Quotes

How about 14.244 USB?

Someone in the high Sierras at 14.244
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:17:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Well try again maybe tomorrow, I got a late start tonight getting set up so it wasn't long before the sun went down and the mosquitos came out to tear me up. I'm running a KX3 with a packtenna setup in my front yard, 20 meters is literally booming in from FL and WV every time I listen. Being essentially QRP, it's hard to get into the other stations with signals that strong, and I have yet to get anyone to respond to a QSO. I think the contacts I have made have been doing all the heavy lifting with their antennas on their end... The panadaptor is making it really easy to find people, but getting in is another matter.

Gotta get the amp, a proper antenna mast, and a proper antenna. I'm bringing my military antenna mast home from my BOL this weekend, but the amp will be a while.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 4:57:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Well try again maybe tomorrow, I got a late start tonight getting set up so it wasn't long before the sun went down and the mosquitos came out to tear me up. I'm running a KX3 with a packtenna setup in my front yard, 20 meters is literally booming in from FL and WV every time I listen. Being essentially QRP, it's hard to get into the other stations with signals that strong, and I have yet to get anyone to respond to a QSO. I think the contacts I have made have been doing all the heavy lifting with their antennas on their end... The panadaptor is making it really easy to find people, but getting in is another matter.

Gotta get the amp, a proper antenna mast, and a proper antenna. I'm bringing my military antenna mast home from my BOL this weekend, but the amp will be a while.
View Quote

Since you are QRP, have you thought about going digital?
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 12:23:57 AM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Yes, absolutely-it was a big part of why I got this radio instead of something else. I needed a new laptop and got one recently but being summer and working on other more pressing things, I just don't have the time. My main priority right now is to get my mast home from my rural property and get a better antenna up so I can operate from inside the house. Once I have the radio on a bench I can start getting into the digital stuff. Right now I just need to get operating experience and interface with other stations a bit-I don't have my ham lingo down, operating HF is a lot different than 2m in that regard... Related ops in my area are a lot more laissez-faire than trying to get into a contact out of state with an experienced operator using slang terms and abbreviations I don't know-with a pileup people get cranky.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 11:39:17 PM EDT
[#36]

40m is pretty open right now
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 12:04:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Worked 4 of the 13 colonies stations on 40 while out on the boat for fireworks.  KX2 with the MFJ 1889T antenna.  Heard 3 more that I couldn't work.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 12:28:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Worked 3 South America stations and a handful of north American stations on 80m, 40m , and 20m......getting tired (and drunk) now

if anyone is around and wants to try for a QSO let me know what freq you are on....aside from that, I'm QRT on the HF for now....monitoring 2m local and probably hit the hay soon
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 9:50:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: km] [#39]
anyone on the air?

going qrt and in the house.

Link Posted: 7/4/2016 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Anyone on the air?  Any band open. KX3 with the end fed.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#41]
6m wide open this morning if anyone is able to play
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 6:41:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Is anyone around to help me make my first hf contact?
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 6:55:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: km] [#43]

Originally Posted By sbl23:

View Quote
Can't this evening.  But if you are around tomorrow look for me on 40 and 20 meter NPOTA.  TR04 from NW Ohio.Hoping to start between 1400 and 1500z.  I'll even make sure you get a card.

Will spot in the NPOTA facebook page.

Link Posted: 7/15/2016 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By km:
Can't this evening.  But if you are around tomorrow look for me on 40 and 20 meter NPOTA.  TR04 from NW Ohio.Hoping to start between 1400 and 1500z.  I'll even make sure you get a card.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By km:

Sweet! Is there a contest going on tomorrow or something?
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By km:

Year long event.  National Parks on the Air.  100th anniversary of the National parks.  I will be on the North Country National Scenic Trail in Northwest Ohio.  Running 10 Watts with the KX2.Signal will probably be weak with the low power and wire antenna.  Battery Portable.

https://npota.arrl.org/

Link Posted: 7/15/2016 7:03:48 PM EDT
[#46]
sent you a pm

Link Posted: 7/15/2016 7:08:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By km:
sent you a pm
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 7:51:01 PM EDT
[#48]
For National Parks on the air tune across the bands.  20 and 40 are the most used.  Listen for someone callning CQ NPOTA .  The exchange will  be the signal report and your state.  They will give you the park designator.  Mine will be TR04. Go through the site in that link and you will learn more.  All awards are done through LOTW so if you want and certificate you will need to sign up for that if you haven't already and then upload your log.  Time needs to be in UTC  You can answer any of them you hear without LOTW but it will be more fun to see how you are doing with it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 11:36:19 PM EDT
[#49]
20 meters is open into Eastern Europe and Asia. Its not like it used to be 2 years ago but I have worked about a dozen stations with good reports. I'll be calling CQ at around 14.185 if anyone wants to stop by and say hello. My call is W3P**. I may be speaking in Ukrainian, Russian or German if I talk to someone who speaks any of these languages.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Im bouncing between 80 & 40 now.  Reconfigured my 80m NVIS dipole and made it an 80/40 fan.  I'm in the C'ville, VA area.  

Reply if you want to try to make a QSO
Page / 122
Tacked Who is on the air? (Page 110 of 122)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top