BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 5/31/2008 12:28:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ar-jedi]

see BigDaddy0004's post on page 6 for latest PDF and XLS files:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_22/612380_ARFCOM_SHTF_EMCOMM_frequency_sheet.html&page=6#i11421960

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

comments, suggestions, corrections, hate mail, etc etc etc all appreciated in this thread.

ar-jedi
&
BigDaddy0004
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#1]
at first glance,, a +1 on this..
good job..
thanks..
now maybe a net schedule to go along with this. or at least times to be listening for ARFCOM'ers

nightly at 0001 UTC??  just as a starting point???
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 12:50:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By traprmike:
now maybe a net schedule to go along with this. or at least times to be listening for ARFCOM'ers

nightly at 0001 UTC??  just as a starting point???

so i was thinking that i could annotate the ARFCOM amateur freqs with net times etc, so that would be one way to get people thinking about checking into the nets.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 5/31/2008 12:54:18 PM EDT
[#3]
saved.....

looks good, when i wake up a bit lemme see if I can't think of anything to add

-Roth
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 1:10:04 PM EDT
[#4]
52.560 would be 6m FM.  I would also note the pl/ctcss tone for FM, would recommend putting it in on encode if possible.

We could establish SSB freqs on VHF but they should probably be in that general part of the bandplan.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#5]
looks alright to me..
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 2:10:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe add the 70cm calling frequency. Also maybe the YLSSB net on 14.332. There is a net op there during daylight hours nearly every day of the year and they have multiple relay stations. They are officially an emergency net but are in contact mode most of the time. Also larger print if possible. I plan on making this a laminated sheet in my grab bag.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 2:36:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quite a few of us have hooked-up on 40m 7.213 LSB.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 3:18:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Like ALKVA said, a good many of us used 7213 at 2100 eastern (0100 UTC during daylight savings) and never had any real interference problems unless the 7210 stations were spread too wide. There's already a net there at 2000 eastern (0000 UTC) so we settled on 2100/0100.

FWIW, We tried 7261 but it was always plagued with foreign broadcast when we tried a regular sked there. The Voice of Russia always fired up just as we were trying to contact.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 5:41:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ar-jedi] [#10]

Originally Posted By Gamma762:
52.560 would be 6m FM.  

fixed, i cut-n-pasted too quickly.

I would also note the pl/ctcss tone for FM, would recommend putting it in on encode if possible.

i think 100Hz would be the best bet.

We could establish SSB freqs on VHF but they should probably be in that general part of the bandplan.

somewhat special needs in terms of rigs and antennas (horizontal polarization), and therefore not a great BOL/BOV/BOB solution -- but i can put an entry in for it if you have a suggestion.

Originally Posted By Jazzemt:
Maybe add the 70cm calling frequency. Also maybe the YLSSB net on 14.332.

done and done.

Originally Posted By GlockTiger:
many of us used 7213 at 2100 eastern (0100 UTC during daylight savings)

done.

---> link at the top post should reflect the updated version.

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#11]

I plan on making this a laminated sheet in my grab bag.

i attempted to make it so that it can be printed, cut out, and folded in half vertically.
let me know if i failed.

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 6:09:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks good.

Av.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#13]

folks,
is publishing MARS frequencies verboten?

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By ar-jedi:
folks,

ar-jedi

Why would it be???  Unless MARS members have some condition of confidentiality?

I found this link for Kentucky MARS... the frequencies are in code...

ckycs.com/kyarmymars/netsked.htm
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#15]
This is worth a sticky!
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 9:15:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Rock on.  I'll try and get on the 40m nets more often.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 10:40:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By charliez:
This is worth a sticky!

ar-jedi gave me permission to put it up on the email reflector, so it is there in the files section.

I'll update the file there, as he gives us revisions.

Thanks again, ar-jedi!
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 10:57:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ar-jedi] [#18]

Originally Posted By nationwide:
I'll update the file there, as he gives us revisions.

a couple of tweaks already.

also, take
losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/ham/FRS-GMRS-MURS.pdf
as well.

someone sent me that summary file a while back and it has come in handy.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 5/31/2008 11:14:44 PM EDT
[#19]

folks,

ar-jedi

Army MARS says so.
FOUO
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 11:18:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By DW_Drang:

Army MARS says so.
FOUO

that's what i thought; hence they won't make it onto my freq sheet.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 6/1/2008 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Are there regular check-in times?
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 11:52:26 AM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By charliez:
Are there regular check-in times?

Working on that. See discussion here: jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=10&f=22&t=612408
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Great job so far!
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 3:19:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pcsutton] [#24]

folks,

ar-jedi

MARS freqs and their coresponding 'frequency designators', (the "codes" Nationwide refered to), are intended to be confidential and 'for our use only'.

You can find MARS nets easily enough if you know what time the nets are held, but there are several nets per day which are ordinarily held on different freqs. Many are digital and now CW is being brought back as an authorized mode.

AAV6TP/KI4BUN
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#25]
The 445.560 programs in my WT, but not in my mobile radios. Both seem to want 12.5 khz freq spacing. Do your 440 rigs step 5khz?

RS
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 11:00:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ar-jedi] [#26]

Originally Posted By radioshooter:
The 445.560 programs in my WT, but not in my mobile radios. Both seem to want 12.5 khz freq spacing. Do your 440 rigs step 5khz? RS

source:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=10&f=22&t=611926

ETA
i just tried my two dual band radios and they can both be tuned right on 445.560 Mhz.

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 6/13/2008 1:58:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mb74] [#27]
*deleted*

crap, wrong thread. sorry. had wrong window open.
Link Posted: 6/13/2008 2:29:26 AM EDT
[#28]
MARS and CAP freqs fall within NTIA regulation, (IIRC.) They are all U//FOUO, so it probably wouldn't be a good idea to have those on there as well.
Link Posted: 6/13/2008 8:11:20 AM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By Tony-Ri:
MARS and CAP freqs fall within NTIA regulation, (IIRC.) They are all U//FOUO, so it probably wouldn't be a good idea to have those on there as well.

from earlier in this thread:

Army MARS says so.
FOUO

that's what i thought; hence they won't make it onto my freq sheet.

ar-jedi

as for the CAP frequencies, anyone with access to yahoo/google etc can get them in 10 seconds...
search.yahoo.com/search?p=CAP+frequencies&fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 6/14/2008 10:03:37 PM EDT
[#30]
when you make an update, would you PLEASE post a date/time in the original post.....
Link Posted: 6/14/2008 11:10:04 PM EDT
[#31]

Originally Posted By Orbital-Burn:
when you make an update, would you PLEASE post a date/time in the original post.....

it's in the subject line of the thread --

"ARFCOM SHTF/EMCOMM frequency sheet -- last updated 08 June 2008"

is that OK?

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 6/15/2008 6:49:48 AM EDT
[#32]
ignore me, I'm having a stupid week
Link Posted: 6/18/2008 11:58:20 PM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By pcsutton:

folks,

ar-jedi

MARS freqs and their coresponding 'frequency designators', (the "codes" Nationwide refered to), are intended to be confidential and 'for our use only'.

You can find MARS nets easily enough if you know what time the nets are held, but there are several nets per day which are ordinarily held on different freqs. Many are digital and now CW is being brought back as an authorized mode.

AAV6TP/KI4BUN

around here, Midwest, daily about 6 pm and again at 6:30 pm just above the 80 meter band. USB.  there alternate freq is just below the 40 meter band.  anyone with a wide band reciever can listen in or find them.. just got to know when and where to look.
Link Posted: 6/19/2008 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#34]

around here, Midwest, daily about 6 pm and again at 6:30 pm just above the 80 meter band. USB.  there alternate freq is just below the 40 meter band.  anyone with a wide band reciever can listen in or find them.. just got to know when and where to look.

Or you can step up and become a MARS Op.
Link Posted: 6/24/2008 9:28:45 PM EDT
[#35]

got the app form in front of me now
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 4:23:04 PM EDT
[#36]

Did you ever hear anything back from the Army MARS guy?
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 5:58:11 PM EDT
[#37]

Originally Posted By R-32:

Did you ever hear anything back from the Army MARS guy?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:58:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ASUsax] [#38]
Downloads don't appear to be working for me.  I'll try later.

ETA: Must be the work network, fine @ home.
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 3:37:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Do we want to add FEMA (disaster, hurricane, etc.) freqs?  I've had a tough time finding them, and what I've found may be dated... I'd be happy to list them.

-josh
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 11:10:13 AM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By FN_form:
Do we want to add FEMA (disaster, hurricane, etc.) freqs?  I've had a tough time finding them, and what I've found may be dated... I'd be happy to list them.  -josh

list them and we'll collectively take a look...

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 10:39:34 PM EDT
[#41]

52.560 would be 6m FM.  

fixed, i cut-n-pasted too quickly.

I would also note the pl/ctcss tone for FM, would recommend putting it in on encode if possible.

i think 100Hz would be the best bet.

somewhat special needs in terms of rigs and antennas (horizontal polarization), and therefore not a great BOL/BOV/BOB solution -- but i can put an entry in for it if you have a suggestion.

Maybe add the 70cm calling frequency. Also maybe the YLSSB net on 14.332.

done and done.

Originally Posted By GlockTiger:
many of us used 7213 at 2100 eastern (0100 UTC during daylight savings)

done.

---> link at the top post should reflect the updated version.

ar-jedi
PL/TPL tones of 100Hz across the board....all bands?  
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 11:38:40 PM EDT
[#42]

Originally Posted By StykUrHedUp:

tones are only used on 6m, 2m, 1.25m, and 70cm -- and only in FM mode.

IMHO, tones are unnecessary for simplex SHTF use.  moreover, enabling tone squelch means the possibility of missing an inbound call from someone with a misconfigured radio, or someone clever enough to have the radio on the right frequency but unknowing that tones are in general use in the area.  finally, due to the capture effect inherent in the FM demodulation process, using tone squelch on simplex can result in some interesting, garbled communications in the presence of multiple interfering signals.  

to me, if there is interference due to channel crowding during SHTF, simply allocate different frequencies for different purposes.  e.g., on 2m, 146.520 is the calling/emergency frequency.  from there you could advise that up 20KHz is for health and welfare traffic handling, and down 20Khz is for shelter intercom use.

that said, you would have to really work at it to get a channel crowding problem on 2m simplex.  you need many radios in a small radius.  

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 12:37:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Here's an additional list of EMCOM freqs.

Emcom Freqs

73'

Link Posted: 8/21/2008 9:05:05 AM EDT
[#44]

tones are only used on 6m, 2m, 1.25m, and 70cm -- and only in FM mode.

IMHO, tones are unnecessary for simplex SHTF use.  moreover, enabling tone squelch means the possibility of missing an inbound call from someone with a misconfigured radio, or someone clever enough to have the radio on the right frequency but unknowing that tones are in general use in the area.  finally, due to the capture effect inherent in the FM demodulation process, using tone squelch on simplex can result in some interesting, garbled communications in the presence of multiple interfering signals.  

to me, if there is interference due to channel crowding during SHTF, simply allocate different frequencies for different purposes.  e.g., on 2m, 146.520 is the calling/emergency frequency.  from there you could advise that up 20KHz is for health and welfare traffic handling, and down 20Khz is for shelter intercom use.

that said, you would have to really work at it to get a channel crowding problem on 2m simplex.  you need many radios in a small radius.  

ar-jedi
right right....maybe I should have phrased my question better.  I use a 70cm band radio....what PL tones (I'm wondering if any since your last post) would I need  to input for each channel?  
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 8:01:35 PM EDT
[#45]

I use a 70cm band radio....what PL tones (I'm wondering if any since your last post) would I need  to input for each channel?  

none.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 8/31/2008 8:46:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tony-Ri] [#46]

I use a 70cm band radio....what PL tones (I'm wondering if any since your last post) would I need  to input for each channel?  

none.

ar-jedi

As far as I know, it probably wouldn't hurt to use a tone of 100.0 for TX, but leave the squelch clear. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#47]

Can you post where the forms are available?  Not that I need them yet.  No radio, and no license, but working on it.  

Patrick
Link Posted: 9/24/2008 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#48]

Originally Posted By lostangel:

Can you post where the forms are available?  Not that I need them yet.  No radio, and no license, but working on it.  

Patrick
www.netcom.army.mil/mars/
Link Posted: 9/26/2008 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Hurricane Watch Net, 14.325 mhz USB    www.hwn.org

www.hwn.org/Net%20Activation%20Plans/NetActivationPlan.htm

The Hurricane Watch Net provides communications to and from the National Hurricane Center in Miami, Florida during times of hurricane emergencies. The net (a gathering of amateur radio operators missioned to support the National Hurricane Center) convenes as an organized network of emergency communicators on the frequency of 14.325 Mhz when a hurricane is forecast to be within 300 statute miles from landfall on any inhabited land mass in the Caribbean Sea, Central America, and U.S. Mainland including the Gulf of Mexico coastal areas.

Marine Mobile Service Network, 14.300 mhz USB  www.14300.net

Maritime Mobile’s use (14.300 mhz) to get their position/observed weather reports posted to the internet, they also can get Offshore weather information and the latest advisories on any tropical cyclone activity from the Net Control Stations. Marine radio manfacturers are putting the word out about 14.300 MHz as a possible frequency to use in an emergency because of the help available there! Missionaries still often check-in looking for phone patches or one way telephone calls to family and friends. Amber Alert bulletins are read when they are posted by law enforcement agencies. Some stations use 14.300 MHz as a “contact” frequency. 14.300 MHz is a good place to establish contact with your station then move to another frequency that is clear! If you’ve just finished working on an antenna or rig and are looking fo a signal check, many stations will go to 14.300 MHz because they know there are many stations monitoring willing to help! Other traffic passed on 14.300 MHz range from handling medical emergencies in remote locations to handling health and welfare traffic in and out of areas struck by natural disasters.

And

14.300 MHz has become a very well known frequency in the Amatuer Radio world. There are three major nets in the Western Hemisphere that operate on 14.300 MHz. From early morning until late evening the frequency is busy with traffiic of one form or another. Begining at 0700 ET daily, The Intercon Net, formally know as The Intercontinental Amatuer Traffic Net, starts out the day. Intercon runs until 1200 ET before handing the frequency over to The Maritime Mobile Service Network. The MMSN, which also runs daily, operates from 1200 ET until 9 PM EST / 10 PM EDT or 0200 UTC. After The MMSN raps up The Pacific Seafarers Net begins operation at 10 PM EST / 11PM EDT or 0300 UTC and runs various lengths of time, depending on traffic load, but usually about 2 hours or less.

Let's take a brief look at each net.

The Intercon Net   www.interconnet.org/

According to Intercon's website, the nets mission is threefold:

To promote goodwill and friendly relations among radio operators everywhere.

To handle third party traffic and information between individuals in any country where such traffic handling is permitted by treaty or mutual agreement.

To provide a means of emergency communications to any location where the normal means are disrupted by local disaster such as fire, earthquake, storms, floods and terrorist activity.

Intercon is probably the least structured, or formal net of the three. Make no mistake about it, some very important and critical traffic has been handled on Intercon over the years, but a little more "ragchewing" is acceptable.

The Maritime Mobile Service Network  mmsn.org/

The primary purpose of the net is for handling traffic from maritime mobiles and overseas deployed service personnel. MMSN also assists missionaries and persons working abroad. The MMSN has a more formal or structured format than Intercon. Since vessels at sea generally have barefoot or less rigs, running on battery power with wire or vertical antennas, their signals may be hard to copy at times. The Net Control Stations frequently ask all stations to standby while calling for maritimes only that may wish to check in. Also, offshore weather information is usually read at about 30 minutes past the hour. Ragchewing is considered a no-no during MMSN. Any station can check into the MMSN when the NCS is asking for general check-in's. If you would like a signal report, audio report or just to say you are "riding along", this is the time to check-in.

The Pacific Seafarer's Net   www.pacsea.org/

Pacsea handles traffic with vessles mainly in the Pacific Ocean. Utilizing stations from North America to New Zeland / Austrailia and across the Pacific, Pacsea takes position reports and weather observations from vessels. Pacsea NCS's use special software to post positions on the internet and send observed weather conditions to the weather forecasters for the Pacific. Friends and family may then track their vessel of interest online. The first 25 minutes of the net is open to general check-in's. After that, the roll call portion of the net begins and it is very structured from that point. Any station is welcome to assist as a relay for Pacsea. If your area of interest is The Pacific, check out The Pacific Seafarer's Net.
Link Posted: 10/12/2008 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#50]
What about adding the standard PSK freqs?  It's a great low power, high reliability mode.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top