Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2017 5:08:24 PM EDT
Hey everyone, so I bought a lamiglas trout pole damn near 20 years ago, was a fantastic rod.

My son managed to break it for me.

I contacted lamiglas and due to its age they do not have a blank to fix it with, that being said they offered to sell me a g1000 pro freshwater,  which is the currently offered equivalent for 100 bucks shipped to me.

My question is are they as good as they used to be? Life has gotten in the way of keeping on tip of the latest and greatest, so I don't know if I could find a better option

What say you, oh great hive mind?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:32:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Mherriford:
Hey everyone, so I bought a lamiglas trout pole damn near 20 years ago, was a fantastic rod.

My son managed to break it for me.

I contacted lamiglas and due to its age they do not have a blank to fix it with, that being said they offered to sell me a g1000 pro freshwater,  which is the currently offered equivalent for 100 bucks shipped to me.

My question is are they as good as they used to be? Life has gotten in the way of keeping on tip of the latest and greatest, so I don't know if I could find a better option

What say you, oh great hive mind?
View Quote

I own a fishing charter operation up in Alaska and all we use is Lamiglas rods for our Salmon fishing. Lamiglas usually has two different options. One made in USA and one overseas. In my experience the USA made ones are one of the finest production rods made. Some of the foreign wrapped ones are pretty good too. Either way, Lamiglas has an incredible warranty. The rods we use are the Kenai Kwik's. Really awesome salmon rods. Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:26:20 AM EDT
[#2]
USA Lamiglass are still really nice, but I have no experience with the particular model you mentioned. My trout rods (warning: may be a different technique/fish size down here) are 6' St Croix Premier light/fast action, also USA made with a good warranty.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 10:49:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I've built up several Lamiglass rods and have been pretty impressed with them so far.  You'll be happy with it!
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:22:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I love the G1000 USA made rods.
I own several.
I have seen g1000 rods that had no manufacturer origin markings.
Makes me wonder if they are still USA made.
Tight lines
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top