Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2017 10:27:50 PM EDT
Been looking for a reel for inshore use/flats and pier fishing from sw coast of FL. 

So after looking for a while at sub $100 reels I was starting to get set on an okuma trio 30. An owner of a locally owned shop steered me away from those and showed me an Okuma Inspira that seems pretty cool. As well as a Shimano Sedona. I have no idea what to get but she does seem to think the Inspira is pretty cool. 

Wanted some advice on your guys' favorite reels for inshore in this particular area for around $100. I will go over budget of its worth it as well. I've spoken to a few on here before who I believe are charter captains so I'm sure I'll be steered in the right direction. (No pun intended)

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 8:20:12 PM EDT
[#1]
It's not pretty and it has a little back play in it, but there is a reason they still make them after 15+ years. Goodfor both fresh and saltwater at your price range.

DAIWA TOURNAMENT SS
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 6:28:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: teamr2] [#2]
For shallow water/flats type fishing in SW Florida, it'd be tough to beat a Shimano spinning reel on a 7 foot rod of your choice. I'd opt for a Stradic and put it on a Teramar rod, throw some 30lb braid on it and 90% of that type of fishing is covered.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:10:06 AM EDT
[#3]
For sub $100, you can't beat the Penn fierce ii. I have 3 and they're all outstanding. Also cheap enough that I don't get heartburn every time they get splashed with salt water. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top