Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2016 4:02:41 PM EDT
What are the differences in reels and what is the purpose for each type.  Pros and cons for each type.

I've only owned a couple of spin cast reels and they didnt get used often.  Well my rod/reel and tackle box got stolen a while back so I have to start over.  I'm trying to decide what I want to get but dont really know what each reels purpose is, as I'm sure they are designed differently for a reason.

thanks
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 9:15:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you asking what the difference between a spinning reel and bait caster is?  There are many variations of each reel, different sizes, drag systems and line capacity.

It will be easier to break down if we know what type of fishing it is you plan on doing. Small game fish? Bass? Big catfish and striper?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top