Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2016 9:19:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: G-CODE]
What would be your go to spincast reel for a 10 yr old boy that will fish occasionally?  He is a little hard on things, but the old cheapo Shakespeare SC220 just stripped the handle cog on the shaft.  I'd put an old Zebco 202 if had any laying around.  I'd prefer to spend way under $50, but if it takes more than that, I'll byte the bullet and get him something that might last him for a long time if such a thing exist.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:22:26 PM EDT
[#1]
See what Zebco has these days
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:27:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Zebco 33 classic IMO. My 3 girls use the hell outta them. All were combos from Thiesens Farm Store (under $40) and goin on 5 yrs now. Check them out.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:47:05 PM EDT
[#3]
a new zebco 33 or on ebay somebody has refurbished zebco products but they sell them in groups of 3 I got 3 zebco 808's one had a problem upon contacting them they sent another replacement reel. Sportsmanssuperstore is the seller name.

Snowman357
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:56:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Those Zebco 33's look like they should fit the bill and most of them are under $20.  I haven't bought a reel (Shimano) for probably 20 years and wasn't sure if the cheap fishing reels of today were like cheap gas grills where you throw'em away after a year or so.  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 12:08:44 AM EDT
[#5]
From the reveiws the Daiwa Spincast Silvercast-A Reel is a great reel and looks well made.
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Daiwa_Spincast_Silvercast-A_Reels/descpage-DSC.html
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:17:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Zebcos are always a good place to start, I have bought a couple of the Gander Mountain series reels recently and they are descent stuff for the money.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 8:12:27 PM EDT
[#7]
You can still find good reconditioned Zebco 33's made in USA on Ebay for a resonable price.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 8:35:30 AM EDT
[#8]
For a little more $$ the Zebco Omega reels are very nice.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:58:56 PM EDT
[#9]
i've been using the mitchell avocet reels. So far i've had good luck with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top