Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2016 11:45:15 AM EDT
Hey guys,   I'm heading to Boundary Waters area in the summer and need to get more tackle.  This is my second year fishing, last summer I spent hunting largemouth in the lakes around me with plastic worms.  So I have a good assortment of offset hooks, yum worms, senkos, etc.    What I need now to to get outfitted with jigs, spoons, and some crank baits.   (Suggestions welcome).

What is the best/most popular online tackle store ?   I got bass pro near me, but love it when brown santa arrives.    Thanks !
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:05:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PvtJoeBauers] [#1]
Tacklewarehouse.com

Great selection, free shipping and excellent prices
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 4:28:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nightdh:
Tacklewarehouse.com

View Quote

thanks !
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 8:18:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Wal-Mart usually has a bargain bin for spinner baits, crank baits, and jerk baits

name brand lures are ridiculously over  priced

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 7:33:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChaSeR84] [#4]
Originally Posted By bankfraudguy:

thanks !
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bankfraudguy:
Originally Posted By nightdh:
Tacklewarehouse.com

thanks !

Pro tip: don't link your PayPal, makes it way too easy to spend alot of money. free shipping is for orders over $50, but I don't think I've ever spent under $50. Also check out their Promos, sales bin and daily deal.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 11:16:52 AM EDT
[#5]
landbigfish is a really good one. Over $50 is free shipping too.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 4:59:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Garby0331:
Wal-Mart usually has a bargain bin for spinner baits, crank baits, and jerk baits

name brand lures are ridiculously over  priced

View Quote

I sneak in my local WM and grab some tackle as well, they had Zoom Lizards on sale the other day for $2.24 a bag, and don't overlook the cheap $1 spinnerbaits they produce.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 7:33:30 PM EDT
[#7]
When we went up we made the mistake of not taking any live bait.  We still caught fish, but not like everyone else.  I had the most fun with topwater plugs in the backwaters of some of the lakes.  Every other cast was a strike.  Have fun, I would love to go again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top