Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2016 1:54:55 AM EDT
I want to buy a high quality spinning reel.
its for inshore,
Lake trout & pike.

Link Posted: 1/11/2016 11:17:35 AM EDT
[#1]
5 bills opens up most of the world.  Look at the Daiwa Balistic.  The magseal system for saltwater is pretty cool, keeps the crud out without adding resistance.  Shimano Sustain is a real solid choice also.

$500 is almost an awkward number.  Your budget is above a lot of reels, but shy of the Stella and Exist.  Maybe spread some budget over to a really choice rod to go with it.  If you have the rod consider banking another couple bills and go all out with a Stella if you want something with a track record or Exist if you want something different than the herd.

If you need a sweet baitcast reel at some point I have some opinions on those also.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 10:38:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Is the Stella Worth $800?

Link Posted: 1/13/2016 5:01:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is the Stella Worth $800?

View Quote

For the bigger saltwater versions I would be inclined to say yes.  For inshore or freshwater I believe you would be hard pressed to see enough performance difference over the Sustain to make the leap.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 10:29:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Daiwa or shimano are good options. I wouldn't spend more for a freshwater reel. Honestly I wouldn't spend more for a saltwater reel
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Shimano Ci4 lightweight and damn tough.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top