Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2015 6:16:34 PM EDT
So over the summer I do a bit of surf fishing, and I'd like to pick up a hitch mount surf Rod and cooler rack for my truck. When I drive out onto the beach, I've got the family in tow so beach chairs, umbrellas, coolers, boogie boards.......you name it, I've got it jammed in the bed of the truck along with my fishing gear. It's worked, but I've broken a rod tip or two and bent some guides with poles in the back along with the rest of the gear.

I've seen plenty of guys running a hitch mounted rack, and so I am in the market because it looks like a great way to keep tackle and beach crap separate from one another. I've installed a front hitch on my truck, so now it's just a matter of grabbing a rack. Does anyone have any experience with something like the Surf Mate Jr below?

What do you run? What would you change? Would you go bigger, smaller, make your own?

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top