Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2015 11:49:44 AM EDT
I'm looking for the best fillet knife available. Must be manual, no electric stuff. Flexible blade at least 6 inches in length. Mainly used on fresh water fish.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 11:55:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure you could spend a lot more but the Rapala (about $15 from Gander) is sharp as a razor and has been that way for a couple years.  I won't mind tossing it for a new one down the road.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 12:01:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm sure you could spend a lot more but the Rapala (about $15 from Gander) is sharp as a razor and has been that way for a couple years.  I won't mind tossing it for a new one down the road.
View Quote

My grandfather had some knives that were hands down the best fillet knife ever made. He had about 9 or 10 of them and throughout the last 10-15 years they slowly disappeared. They did not have any markings so trying to find the company that made is impossible. He fished every day and even kept logs on the weather, depth, lure and how many he caught. Someday I will add up the totals and I'm sure it will be mind boggling.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 12:24:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy what the pros use.

Get a Dexter-Russel
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top