Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2014 1:52:00 AM EDT
Anyone trying it? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger and buying a set up but I would like to hear some first hand accounts.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:27:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you run out of bait?
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:26:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm interested too.  Got a Grand Canyon trip in 2 months and thinking about picking up a kit.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I fish almost exclusively tenkara.

It is so simple it defies all reason. I have probably missed your trip, but you should still get one. I fish everything from trout to bass with the same rod. It is remarkable how much fun catching large fish can be. Taking on finicky fish with absurd precision is likewise a joy. Pulling trout out from water while everyone else just watches because your drifts are perfect and your fly is always in the right spot is beyond enjoyable.

Simply put - it is my favorite way to fish, no matter what I am fishing for.

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:13:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Been fishing tenkara for 2 years now and absolutely love it. Great for the backpack so I can fish on lunch. Perfect for tight streams and gives you pinpoint accuracy. IMO falls short on the lake but you can make it work. Don't be afraid of longer rods - they add more versatiliy and will hold longer lines off the water better. I have an Iwana by Tenkara USA, that or the Sato will be great choices. Enjoy the simplicty, all you need is a spool of tippet and a handful of flies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top