Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2014 12:08:07 PM EDT
What baits do yall use for carp? Ive heard of corn and bread and of course doughballs but I just want to get some opinions from you guys. Also if you know any good carp rigs please leave a link for me because Im new to fishing carp. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:16:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Green Giant whole kernel sweet corn.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:33:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I always used dough balls when I was a kid.

I hear these are really effective on carp
http://www.cabelas.com/product/PSE-Bowfishing-Tidal-Wave-Package/1746829.uts?No=0&destination=%2Fcategory%2FBowfishing%2F104232780.uts
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:36:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Corn in faster moving water.  Oatmeal balls in still water
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 5:39:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Gummy bears.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:03:59 AM EDT
[#5]
We did a lot of fishing for carp in a lake when I was a kid.  There was a very light current.  Dad would fill a 5 gallon bucket about half way up with dry hard corn.  Then pour water over it to cover it all.  Let that sit out in the heat until it starts to sour.  It'll get soft and have a sour smell.  Load the whole bucket in the boat.  When you get to your fishing spot, throw several handfuls of sour corn out in front of the boat.  Put one kernel of corn on your hook and toss it in the middle of what you just pitched out.

Our setup was a Gamakatsu hook, fairly large, about 18-20" below a swivel, with an egg sinker above the swivel.  Plenty of weight to cast, but the carp could take it and run without resistance from the sinker.

This method worked extremely well on this particular lake.  I think the water was around 10-15 ft deep and a pretty clean bottom, I think it may have been a gravel bottom.  I think the carp would come through in schools feeding, we would sometimes have 3 carp on at once with just two of us in the boat.  Good times.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 1:17:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I like to sneak up on them and put a black #6 Wooly Bugger right in front of their face

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 2:04:18 PM EDT
[#7]
That would be quite a fight on a flyrod!
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:06:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I used to use Wheaties as a kid with a lot of luck, I see people using corn a lot lately.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top