Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2014 6:52:41 PM EDT
Summer is freight training in and I'm ready for another year.  Looking forward to besting my last year catch of a 7 pound rainbow trout.  That said I'm always drinking my ass off and sometimes am getting tipsy on the rocks walking around in the river.

There's two pieces of gear I'm looking for that I would appreciate advice on:

Waterproof boots AND neoprene or similar booties to go with them

A PFD that doubles as a vest with pockets for all my fishing shit

I'm not a great fisherman, but continually improving and would appreciate any and all recommendations.  Price is less of a concern over function if it will both last and work well.

Link Posted: 5/27/2014 7:35:17 AM EDT
[#1]
cut off jeans and tennis shoes.

Link Posted: 5/27/2014 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Summer is freight training in and I'm ready for another year.  Looking forward to besting my last year catch of a 7 pound rainbow trout.  That said I'm always drinking my ass off and sometimes am getting tipsy on the rocks walking around in the river.

I'm not a great fisherman, but continually improving and would appreciate any and all recommendations.  Price is less of a concern over function if it will both last and work well.

View Quote

Are you asking about waders or WP boots?
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 1:32:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

WP boots.  I know a buddy of mine has water proof boots with neoprene(I guess?) booties that go in them.  I am good to go on a vest,  Steep and Cheap had a PFD with pockets, even a camo pattern so why not
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 1:42:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm slightly confused.  Do you want a pair of knee high muck boots?  Or hip boots? or wade wet with booties and wading boots?

If you're going to go with neoprene booties; why not get wading boots?  They don't need to be water proof; especially if you're going deeper than your ankles.  You can stud the crap out of the bottoms so they act like crampons on ice.

ETA Do a search for wading socks if you can't find the booties you're looking for.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 3:53:42 PM EDT
[#5]
If you were slightly confused I was really confused, but I did googling based on your terms and now I understand exactly what I want.  Wading boots + wading socks(neoprene).
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 1:13:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Some brands I've seen on the river: Simms, Korker, Chota, Patagonia, Cabelas....

Just determine how much you want to spend and how much you're going to use them.  I prefer Simms; they make stuff that lasts and works for me.  It's pricey but I've learned from my own experience that I don't like having gear failures in the middle of a trip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top