Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2013 8:13:54 PM EDT
Alright, so I bought a house about two years ago, and while refinishing the basement saw that there was some fishing stuff left behind. Then I deployed, and now I finally have a chance to look at all of it. I don't fish and was wondering if you guys could maybe help me in valuing this stuff for me before I try and sell it. I'd hate to find out its something special or expensive and I asked nothing for it or vise versa. THIS IS NOT AN AD, and items are not for sale through here. There is a rod marked southbend condor graphite 7' spinning, and a reel that just says hurricane 50. Also what type of fishing are these for, before I decide if it needs to go?
This was all in the tackle box

Some of them are marked with names like zeek Rowland, and larry Nixon.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:48:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Bass fishing lures.

I don't see anything special. But even cheap crank baits cost about $5 new. Count them up and do the math. Fair used price in good condition is about 1/3 original cost.

Rod and reel don't ring any bells. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think South Bend makes anything that is particularly high end or rare/sought after.

Looks like you found a casual fisherman's gear. This is about the equivalent of the gun owner who has a .22 rifle and a cheap pistol and a few boxes of ammo.

Lures sell pretty good on ebay, if you have the time part it out.

ETA: The fat plug on the far left, red head/white body, if that is marked Heddon its the most valuable lure in the pile about $10. Anything marked Rapala is worth about $4 used.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:39:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you. The fat one on the left says bass oreno on it. That's actually the only one I thought about keeping, because its wooden and looks pretty old.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:25:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Bass oreno was (were?) in use at least as far back as the mid 1940s.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:55:17 PM EDT
[#4]
typical bass fishing lures.  Get them at any sporting goods store.  Bout a $100+ worth of lures new.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:22:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
typical bass fishing lures.  Get them at any sporting goods store.  Bout a $100+ worth of lures new.
View Quote

So if I throw them on craigslist for with the pole for say $75 would I be off base?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:22:35 AM EDT
[#6]
A few years back B.A,S.S. sent out some repro Bass Oreno's that came in a repro box with a memebership renewal.  They look old so it might be hard to tell if that is original or a repro without someone that knows there stuff actually checking it out. Here is mine and I noticed it has the BASS logo on the bottom like yours.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:59:47 PM EDT
[#7]
That looks identical to the one I found. They're pretty cool looking.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 6:29:29 PM EDT
[#8]
75 looks about right for all the crank baits, rod and reel
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So if I throw them on craigslist for with the pole for say $75 would I be off base?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not necessarily off base, but in this area that package would probably sit for a while at that price. The rod/reel aren't especially desirable and the lures aren't anything special. I'd say about $1 each for the lures and maybe $20 for the rod/reel and be prepared to sit on it a while.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top