Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2013 1:43:52 PM EDT
Picked up a Shimano Curado from a friend of mine and thinking about what rod to get for it.

It's a 200. I'm kinda new to baitcasters. I started with my first one last year, an Abu Silver Max combo.

Just wondering about your opinions on baitcaster rods. med or med/hvy etc...?
Link Posted: 6/15/2013 9:46:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on what you are using it for.  Lure, cast, flip, pitch.  I've always leaned toward the lighter side, unless throwing deep crankbaits.  Medium 6'-61/2' will allow you to load up rod easier without backlash.
Link Posted: 6/15/2013 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the USA made Falcon rods.  Not too pricey and mine have held up great even in the salt water.
Link Posted: 6/27/2013 4:22:32 PM EDT
[#3]
St. Croix.  Price range from  $100.00  & up.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 9:57:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I just put my Curado on a Veritas for deeper cranks.  I like it so far.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:56:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I have two older curados in the 5:1 ratio. One is for topwaters like spooks and sammys; the other is medium cranks.  One is a 6'6"M shimano compre, the other is s 7'0" Bass Pro Crankin stick.
Link Posted: 8/17/2013 12:41:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just put my Curado on a Veritas for deeper cranks.  I like it so far.
View Quote

Hard to beat that Veritas for the money.  I use a 7'MH for Red Fishing with a 200 series Curado.
I'm a displaced bass fisherman.....pondering unloading all my gear and getting some specialized saltwater stuff....but as little as I go anymore :(
Link Posted: 8/17/2013 1:11:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

St. Croix.  Price range from  $100.00  & up.
View Quote
this, I have my curado on a premier.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I use a st croix premier on mine also 61/2 mh
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 7:53:46 AM EDT
[#9]
You would love the new Duckett Rods, i purchased my first one last summer. I had one of my Curados on it for a bit. Ive been hardcore Shimano for a long time, 15 years ago i said i would never buy another Quantum reel but i bought one the the new Smoke reels and put it on my Duckett. After 25 years of bass fishing and having setups way more pricey than this it may be my favorite ever. But any way you should give the Duckett rods a look. If you are trying to keep the price down a bit the newer Skeet Reese rods with micro guides are great for around $89. A new Duckett will set you back close to twice that.

Love this rod

Link Posted: 3/12/2014 11:43:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Fenwick. I still use 35 year old Fenwick rods.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#11]
St Croix or Carrot Stick.

Everyone makes fun of my carrot sticks but i love them and they usually agree after actually using it. they do look "on the gay" though.

EDIT: new curado or last model? I bought a last model and it was horrible. the new model is much better (still not like the old ones)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top