Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2011 2:35:31 PM EDT
The last 4 years or so I havent really been able to get out much maybe only 1 or 2 times a year. Now I am getting the bug to start fishing heavy again and my reels are in desperate need of new line and I have some new stuff I need to put line on. That being said I have always used Silverthread since I liked how soft and memory free it was. To my horror I found that they no longer make it that I can find.

I need line in 4, 8 and12 or 14 pound test. It needs to be mono and very low memory. Any recomendations?
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 8:12:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Trilene XT. I've been using it for the last four years and am pretty happy with it. I also like P-Line. Both lines seem to be fairly tough and not twist too much.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Yo Zuri Hybrid Ultra Soft.  It's a fantastic mono/co-poly sutiable for spinning reels.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Maxima Ultra Green.

J-
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Trilene XL is the industry standard for easy-handling mono, but I prefer Sufix Elite...as long as you don't mind the stretch.
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#5]
are you sure about the silverthread? i just bought some an-40 a year or so ago. you may have to order online. i agree that the yo-zuri ultra is good too. just not as cheap as the silverthread. i will be bummed if they stopped making it. i just checked and silverthread's website says it is still available.
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Google is your friend and shows several sites that sell Silver Thread if that's what you're looking for
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 12:47:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Fan of Trilene XL here. Used to really like Trilene UT (Ultrathin) is the silver box, but its not made anymore.  Trilene XT and Stren always seemed too stiff & get eye twists too easily.
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 4:38:06 PM EDT
[#8]
P-Line. I was taught to tie the end to something un-spool what is needed, pull tight to a stretch and spool it onto reel. This pulls memory out of the line. Wish I could do this with my wife, lol. Seems to work, and the line kicks ass too.
Link Posted: 5/2/2013 7:29:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I  have used a lot of Pline, Trilene XL and McCoy. The McCoy is the softest by far. XL is great because it is so available but the McCly is what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 9:30:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maxima Ultra Green.

J-
View Quote

x2 for Maxima!!! Can't find it locally in NC so I either order mine from Cabelas or BPS.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 5:43:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I have always used trilene xl.  Best cheap readily available line I have found.  

But I have started running maxima ultra green on my steelhead rod and love it!  Think its my new go to line.  It's about double the cost of trilene and harder to find but IMHO it's worth it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top