Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2016 2:15:20 AM EDT
Just watched it. Highly recommended for us here. Check it out. Watched on Amazon Prime.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 6:40:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Watching it right now.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:48:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:54:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Whats it about?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:02:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Whats it about?
View Quote

Margot Robbie

I read the book in middle school, forgot about it until this thread.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:15:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:04:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I didnt say it was AMAZING lol but for us like minded folk it was cool.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:11:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I didnt say it was AMAZING lol but for us like minded folk it was cool.
View Quote
I found it enjoyable.

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A young girl left alone by her parents in a special little valley/hill area that somehow doesn't get all the radiation that pretty much every place else gets in a nuclear war.

Her parents, being typical dumbasses, leave her to go and look for something (probably a new Ipad, or some booze) in the next valley over. Of course they have actually left for New Reno and have no intention of coming back, having gotten hooked on Jet....

Anyways, in the book there is only 1 guy, who shows up in a special "radiation suit" with his trusty deer cart/red Radial Flyer wagon/survival wagon with supplies. The guy is a control freak, ties her dog up, makes her clean up her room and go to bed on time, and in general is just a chauvinist ba$tard...

In the movie, it's a black guy that shows up in the cart. Super educated he's smarter than Spock, he knows everything but won't DO crap. Basically he orders the chick around to fix stuff, etc.

Suddenly a white guy shows up. Yes modern tv/movies, you know where this is going. Course the white guy is a loser, 2 plus 2 be five type, again, typical modern TV/movie BS.

I won't spoil the ending, suffice to say it's pretty wooden.

Z for Zacharia review
View Quote

This is also why I wont watch the movie. I knew from the get go when I saw the main cast that it would be like that. I will probably read the book though
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 4:04:34 PM EDT
[#9]
That movie was D for DUUUUUUUUUUMB
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:34:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted: Of course they have actually left for New Reno and have no intention of coming back, having gotten hooked on Jet....

Z for Zacharia review
View Quote

Is there an Easter Egg in Fallout I missed?
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:47:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:52:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Decent if you're not looking for a SHTF movie.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 12:39:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
H for horrible.

Book was better. Movie was horrendous.
View Quote

I read the book back in 1980 when no one ever heard of it.  There was only the girl and one guy.  Hollywood gets it and destroys it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 12:49:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I read the book back in 1980 when no one ever heard of it.  There was only the girl and one guy.  Hollywood gets it and destroys it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
H for horrible.

Book was better. Movie was horrendous.

I didn't even know about it. I would have read the book over movie I'm sure. I just liked the farming and hydroelectric power etc.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 2:38:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Meh. Preferred the BBC adaption from the mid-80s. Partly because we got to watch it at school and it had some sideboob shots in it. It was also relatively faithful to the book.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#16]
It had a Remington 600/660 in it.  That was my only positive.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Topic Moved
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top