Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2016 4:28:13 PM EDT
The listed ones are imo the best of the genre I've found so far,  I'm trying some other authors and have found them lacking...I really hate when they describe the firearms and their accessories with what is, IMO,  too much detail....sounds like an ad and a shitty one...the above authors don't  seem to have that problem...

help!

I'm out of good audio books!

Link Posted: 7/10/2016 9:36:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Jl Bourne is one of my favorites. Check out the day by day Armageddon series and tomorrow war.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 8:23:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Jl Bourne is one of my favorites. Check out the day by day Armageddon series and tomorrow war.
View Quote

I am reading Tomorrow War right now and I cant put it down. OP you need to get this book.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 9:29:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#4]
John Grit
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 3:53:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank
View Quote

This is a really good read IMHO and a must read for any fan of the genre.   It was one of the inspirations for the book "One Second After" along with the 80's movie Testament.  

Testament can be rented from places like Amazon for $2.99.   It was a made for TV movie that ended up being good enough  to end up

in theaters instead.  The main character got an Academy Award nom for Best Actress.  I consider this movie a must see as well.

8nBAIT

Link Posted: 8/5/2016 6:25:31 PM EDT
[#6]
try J.L Bourne DBDA series is great, tomorrow war was pretty good too.

Mark Greaney is pretty good. at least his Grey Man series is. kind of Clancy/Jack Ryan like. but with more action.

James N. Cook. Survivng the Dead novel series is REALLY good. best series to date. That is of course if you want Z fiction.

Arthur T Bradley  "The Survivor" series is pretty good. decent enough I listened to all 8 of them.

if you like Spy/international thrillers. Check out Daniel Silva. The Gabriel Allon series is among the best works of fiction I've ever read.

I have a love/hate affair with the Rawles stuff. sometimes its great, sometimes it is almost hard to listen too. I do like that Dick Hill narrates it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Enemies Foreign and Domestic by Matt Bracken.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 9:12:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Everything Matt Bracken has written.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 11:06:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, they're all good.
Also, Lights out by David Crawford.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 12:06:50 AM EDT
[#10]
David Weber
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I really like the 299 Days series by Glen Tate -.very realistic and very close to what might happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top