Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2015 1:37:44 AM EDT
Ok, some folks are not into this sort of thing, some are down right offended by it so I hope the subject line is sufficient.  

For anyone else, here is an (erotica-less) excerpt from MAXX PRO;  THE FOUR WHORES OF THE APOCALYPSE by Claudia T. Sassenfuss

There was a knock at the door.  Julie produced a blocky black pistol from nowhere and stood next to the doorframe.  She waved everyone away from the door and put her index finger to her lips.
   “Julie.  Julie… It’s Greg, come on out.  I forgot to tell you we have Dinty Moore too.  And we and the kids made blanket forts in the house and we’re just making it like a big camping adventure inside…”
   “No thanks Greg, go away.”
   “Alice said you could share our blanket fort.”
   Julie rolled her eyes but said nothing.  Then the door handle jiggled.
   “Julie, I know John didn’t come back and I just want to make sure you’re taken care of babe.”
   “Go away Greg, NOW!”
   There was a scraping, prying sound at the doorframe near the bolt.  Julie stood back a second, thought about the situation, then moved with a fury.
Before the other girls could even guess what she was going to do, the door was unlocked, opened and Julie had a fistful of Greg’s shirt collar.  She dragged him through the doorway, kneed him in the balls and tripped him over her hip.  He landed flat on his back wide eyed from all the pain that was just starting to register.  Julie was straddling him on her knees and she planted the muzzle of the pistol in his forehead so hard it was sure to bruise.  The Crow bar he was holding clanged on the floor.
    Greg was a meek and meager man, a little pudgy around the middle greying at the temples wearing a polo shirt, khaki pants and loafers.  He went a little cross eyed looking at the pistol and Julie’s trigger finger resting along the frame.
    “The Glock 19, nine-millimeter pistol has a trigger pull of 5.5 pounds.   That’s all there is between you walking out of here or you making a mess all over my brand new hardwood floor.  Do you understand?”
    “Oh, ah yeah, I’m sorry Julie I’m just worried about you and I don’t want you to be scared and I’ve never…”
   “Do I look scared Greg?”
   “Ah, no.”
   “Greg, don’t ever call me babe.”
   “Ok, can I please go home now?”
   Julie snarled a little, then stood up, keeping the pistol pointed at him.
   “Get out.”
   Greg ran out the door and nearly tripped down the steps.  Julie promptly closed and bolted the door.
   Looking back at the girls, she saw them all staring at her agape.
   “Julie, that was so bad-ass!”  Lynn was laughing.  “I felt sorry for the guy.”
   “Before it was just annoying flirting and creepy borderline stalking stuff, but now, if he thinks he’s going to just break into my house and fulfill some kind of fantasy just because it’s the end of the world, well…”
   “That and he called you babe.”
  Jessie laughed a bit nervously.  Stacey was standing far away with her back against the wall.“I’m going to go load some things in the truck, why don’t you girls go find some clothes.  Take what ever you want.”  Julie tucked the Glock in a holster inside her waist at the back of her pants.
   Julie walked into the garage, closed the door, leaned back against it and sighed.  For some reason she wanted to cry.  She was shaking.  Taking charge was it’s own escape, but there were certain realities she was going to have to face.  She could think of only one reason why Bill would be in such a hurry to get his family out.  And if that weenie Greg was thinking he could walk over and grab her only 24 hours after the attack, what were other, more desperate, more capable people thinking and doing, and where were they?

The 50 page ebook is available on Kindle for 1.99 or free with Kindle Unlimited.  The author says there will be follow on if there is enough interest.  It was written as an experiment and a way to introduce a new audience to preparedness.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:45:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Any input?  Critiques?
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 12:26:31 AM EDT
[#2]
It was a funny book!
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 8:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, Claudia will be working on the next installment soon.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 10:48:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think my prepper babe girlfriend and I will read the book this weekend and see how it goes
View Quote

With or without the gas masks, whips, and metalpocalypse playing in the background?
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 11:01:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 10:40:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks guys, Claudia will be working on the next installment soon.
View Quote

Wow, you are both very glacial in your book pacing my friend. :)
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 1:54:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry, there will be progress from both in the next few weeks.  I just finished the rough draft of my sequel to Looking Down On The Moon and Claudia expects to have a follow up to this available in the next two weeks.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 5:04:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sorry, there will be progress from both in the next few weeks.  I just finished the rough draft of my sequel to Looking Down On The Moon and Claudia expects to have a follow up to this available in the next two weeks.
View Quote

Oh well done, I had no idea you were on other projects. I take back my hasty words. :)
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 7:21:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Oh well done, I had no idea you were on other projects. I take back my hasty words. :)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I know we both wish we were faster  and more prolific, but unfortunately, we have to keep our day jobs right now.  That work stuff always seems to get in the way!
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Got soured on the idea when I read some Steam Punk erotica. Dont think I'll be mixing genres again anytime soon.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 7:42:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Update in the original post.  Any Amazon reviews are always welcome and input here as well.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 9:03:23 PM EDT
[#13]
What happened to the book cover? As in even a basic cover? All I see is a blank white space!
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 9:20:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What happened to the book cover? As in even a basic cover? All I see is a blank white space!
View Quote

You are absolutely right.  I'll nudge Claudia to get something up for that.  I never realized how important a good cover was until I let someone else do the design for my first book.  You know that old saying about not judging a book by its cover?  I suppose you shouldn't judge one that way but lots of people notice it for the cover and noticing it is the first step to buying it.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 9:28:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I get turned off by badass females and fantasy gunplay. I prefer it when the girl has to maintain her distance to not get disarmed rather than manhandling men and the talk about "this is a Glock 19..." sounds stilted and like something a non gun person wrote.

I like Morgan Hawke's scifi series. The girl gets her ass kicked until she gets augmented. It's more realistic and no one wins after putting guns within grabbing distance of their oponents.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 2:22:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I get turned off by badass females and fantasy gunplay. I prefer it when the girl has to maintain her distance to not get disarmed rather than manhandling men and the talk about "this is a Glock 19..." sounds stilted and like something a non gun person wrote.

I like Morgan Hawke's scifi series. The girl gets her ass kicked until she gets augmented. It's more realistic and no one wins after putting guns within grabbing distance of their oponents.
View Quote

Thanks for the input, I'll pass that along next time I see Claudia.  I'm curious what you would think of my female characters.  It is a totally different genre, more Aviation Thrillers.  My novels LOOKING DOWN ON THE MOON and its sequel THE MOON ALSO RISES by Charles Sage are up on Amazon.  I did a give away a few weeks ago and I can't do one of those again for a while but if you are enrolled in Kindle Unlimited they are available free.

Thanks,
Chuck
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 7:56:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Claudia's latest in this series, WHORES, SHOES AND HAND GRENADES, is now up for those following this series.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Ok, so I'm between books right now and decided to give these a try.  Here's my thoughts....

I've read all 3 and have enjoyed them all.  Read them all on a flight home today.

I wish they were longer, but what works is that they definitely leave me wanting more of the story.  

The sex and combat scenes seemed rushed, maybe draw them out and develop them a little more.  Slow them down and maybe include more details.

Same goes for the conflict and resolutions.  I know we're guys and thus very simple, but the jealousy of the ex-wife vs new lovers could become quite a good subplot, certainly not as easily resolved as simply as just having sex to resolve it.

As I stated earlier, I'm really enjoying them.  My biggest frustration is that book 4 isn't available!!!  Keep up the good work!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top