Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2015 12:27:22 PM EDT
Thinking about getting this book. Is I any good. I have read lights out. One second after and James Wesley rawels  books.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:06:05 PM EDT
[#1]
A very slow starter.
To much in depth information as to what the character is carrying, rather than  "get to the plot of the story".
I keep going back to it, and I keep putting it down.
I am about 100 pages into it at this point.
If a book is good, I will read in a couple of days, this one has been with me a month.

But, you may like it.
Overall, the description of the gear he carry's is good, just to much detail.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 4:58:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I have read the whole series and liked it. First book was kind of a gear list of sorts..
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 10:02:13 PM EDT
[#3]
My brother knows the author &
he carries that bag with him
wherever he goes. He didn't
just write about the gear, but
he knows that gear.

I didn't think the writing was
really that good, but it was
reasonable informative &
entertaining.

I'm reading the 5th book now.

After I read the first Rawles
book for the 5th time, I realized
how bad that writing was.

John

Link Posted: 3/21/2015 11:12:24 AM EDT
[#4]
A fast read. So far I've read three in the series.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:52:15 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a good series.  I've read them all.  First book has a few issues but I think they get better as the author has gained experience.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:15:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I've read it, i liked it.  there are 4 books after that one that are also good IMO.  it's like one second after on crack, booze and Ritalin all at the same time.

I've read and liked all the other books you mentioned as well (sequel to 'one second after' coming out in sept of this year.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I have read all of them...good books.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 11:14:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I read it as fast as I could then realized my get home bag sucks.   I'm now reading the second book "Surviving Home"
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 2:27:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Definitely in the top three of best series I've ever read. Excellent writing, good details, very plausible.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 10:15:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Definitely in the top three of best series I've ever read. Excellent writing, good details, very plausible.
View Quote

Editing gets bad at times with book 3 and later....but over all still good reads.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:02:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:50:21 AM EDT
[#12]

I have the digital version of your book shelf.....

Its a good read.  I love the genera
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:07:34 PM EDT
[#13]
299 days was a good series. Biggest disappointment was book 10. The Joe nobody book series ended up being really good as well. I have all the enemies foreign and domestic books from Matt braken too.  Just about every book that pops up on Amazon as similar I own.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:33:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
299 days was a good series. Biggest disappointment was book 10. The Joe nobody book series ended up being really good as well. I have all the enemies foreign and domestic books from Matt braken too.  Just about every book that pops up on Amazon as similar I own.
View Quote

Agree that 299 Days book 10 was a disappointment. Good series overall though.
Also like the Apocolypse Law series by John Grit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top