Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2015 12:19:33 PM EDT
Going hog hunting all weekend and need some new reading material for the Kindle.

I am looking for something released in the last 4-5 months.

also prefer to NOT be written in first person.

Zombies ok, end of the world preferred.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#1]
After seeing the movie, Im going to find a copy of Divergent.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 2:39:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Go to this link for hundreds of FREE stories.

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=134705

Some of the authors of stories I enjoyed were:
scrachline
wtr100
angeryamerican
Jerry D Young
RVM45
Josiah922
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:20:51 PM EDT
[#3]
if you haven't read the Enemies Trilogy by Matthew Bracken, it's pretty good.
*Enemies Foreign and Domestic
*Domestic Enemies (the reconquista)
*Foreign Enemies and Traitors

(you can get copies for an E-reader for less than $6/ea)
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Just finished Max velocity patriot dawn. Not a bad read...350+ pages on e reader...good 2-4 hour killer
Goes good with his contact book as well. Ties in a bunch of stuff.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 7:29:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
if you haven't read the Enemies Trilogy by Matthew Bracken, it's pretty good.
*Enemies Foreign and Domestic
*Domestic Enemies (the reconquista)
*Foreign Enemies and Traitors

(you can get copies for an E-reader for less than $6/ea)
View Quote

I liked them but need something newer. I read 3-5 books a month and almost all are apocalyptic or Dystopian adventures so I have most of the mainstream ones already on my kindle.

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just finished Max velocity patriot dawn. Not a bad read...350+ pages on e reader...good 2-4 hour killer

View Quote

Good one as well, but read it already. I have been toying with getting his first contact training book but mainly I read fiction because I have to read so many reports and shit at work it helps me unwind. And gave up TV over a year ago except a couple of reality shows and Walking dead.

I'm looking for that next fun series. Something like Joe Nobody's series or maybe JJ Molles and the remaining series.

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:01:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Good one as well, but read it already. I have been toying with getting his first contact training book but mainly I read fiction because I have to read so many reports and shit at work it helps me unwind. And gave up TV over a year ago except a couple of reality shows and Walking dead.

I'm looking for that next fun series. Something like Joe Nobody's series or maybe JJ Molles and the remaining series.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't buy the first one. Buy the second contact. I got mine in hard copy...its near two inches thick...both were good reads...

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:13:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Get the app called free books.

Found 20 or more good reads in the first month.

Check daily.

Txl
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 6:43:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Amazon lists the Top 100 Free Kindle eBooks which you can download to your kindle for free. I use it all the time. You can sort by category.

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 8:12:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Have you read The New Homefront series by Steven Bird?  Three books in the series.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 10:12:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Have you read The New Homefront series by Steven Bird?  Three books in the series.
View Quote

Excellent thank you. That's what I was looking for....

Link Posted: 2/11/2015 3:45:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Go to this link for hundreds of FREE stories.

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=134705

Some of the authors of stories I enjoyed were:

scrachline

wtr100

angeryamerican

Jerry D Young

RVM45

Josiah922
View Quote

I tried to browse the site, and I found some great stories in there, but that website is complete and utter shit in the form of 0s and 1s. Damn shame.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 6:17:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm reading "Emp " by Joe hollerman.
So far ...its OK....Guy is ex sere instructor etc....but his choice in some gear /weapons areas are lil different (like stuff you see a post election prepper have)  talks about wanting his group to have assault rifle but he goes on how great the su16 is?

Only 1/4 thru it...maybe it'll get better

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top