Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2014 12:29:44 AM EDT
Who authored the book "Lights Out"???

I can't find it in my local library.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:38:13 AM EDT
[#1]
David Crawford, isn't it an e-book only?
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:39:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Halffast aka David Crawford.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:39:25 AM EDT
[#3]
David Crawford is the author ....

I don't remember his screen name on here.....

look for threads from Black Fox.....he's working on the movie....

I'm a little computer challenged when it comes to imbedding and stuff or I'd be more help......
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:40:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
No, I have a signed copy.

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:53:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have two signed copies.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 7:37:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Where might one order a copy?
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 7:42:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Where might one order a copy?
View Quote

Amazon
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 5:21:36 AM EDT
[#8]
anybody want a pdf e-mailed to them?

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 4:05:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got three of em!!!

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I got three of em!!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got three of em!!!

Only two.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine is signed....and numbered.....Number .45 baby!
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#13]
There is an online PDF and a hard copy of this excellent book!
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:57:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There is an online PDF and a hard copy of this excellent book!
View Quote

I have 938 signed copies at last count, but I'm kind of cheating . Please keep in mind that the PDFs you may find online are NOT legal copies of David's work. You should be able to find a great ebook or hard copy on Amazon and elsewhere, though.  I have no stake in the book sales, but would caution against advocating pirating of our friends work.  There are no 'legal' PDFs copies of lights out online as far as I know.

In the meantime, I'm still here pushing hard on the movie project.  Georgia probably isn't going to work out for us.  We're currently exploring other venues.  I'll certainly keep everyone here informed as we make progress!  (Did I beat the guys from Texas? ).  I will not stop.  We will make a great movie series.  Just be patient.  We can produce a bad product very quickly.  We can produce a great product slowly.  Hope you'll all understand our choice....
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 2:36:58 AM EDT
[#15]
I forgot they were numbered, mine is 212, dunno the numbers of the copies given to my brothers but they are right around 212 too
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:08:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted: Georgia probably isn't going to work out for us.
View Quote

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...!!!

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

An indie draws cast and crew using opportunity for advancement and exposure.  We can't pay 'commercial' rates with union residuals and benefits like the big guys.  We'd need to triple our budget to produce the same content, and we'd never recover it.  What that means is that we have to find hubs of movie-making activity where there's critical mass and experience - without enough commercial projects to exhaust all the resources.  Unfortunately, Georgia has grown the industry to the point there are 27 movies filming in the Atlanta area alone right now.  Anybody who can sneeze the word movie is hired right now - and usually working in roles well beyond their abilities.  I showed up to meet with production companies with checkbook in hand.  None of them want to work for indie rates because there's too much commercial work.  I don't blame them.  Commercial rates chase indies away, and that's exactly what's happening here.  We're kind of starting over in finding a home base.  Nobody is going to return calls or meet with us in the next two months (the entertainment industry basically shuts down from Thanksgiving to New Years), so we're going to stop and take a breather, and organize our thoughts about next steps.  

Sorry to hijack the thread about the book!!
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:54:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Available in print from Amazon
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:11:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

An indie draws cast and crew using opportunity for advancement and exposure.  We can't pay 'commercial' rates with union residuals and benefits like the big guys.  We'd need to triple our budget to produce the same content, and we'd never recover it.  What that means is that we have to find hubs of movie-making activity where there's critical mass and experience - without enough commercial projects to exhaust all the resources.  Unfortunately, Georgia has grown the industry to the point there are 27 movies filming in the Atlanta area alone right now.  Anybody who can sneeze the word movie is hired right now - and usually working in roles well beyond their abilities.  I showed up to meet with production companies with checkbook in hand.  None of them want to work for indie rates because there's too much commercial work.  I don't blame them.  Commercial rates chase indies away, and that's exactly what's happening here.  We're kind of starting over in finding a home base.  Nobody is going to return calls or meet with us in the next two months (the entertainment industry basically shuts down from Thanksgiving to New Years), so we're going to stop and take a breather, and organize our thoughts about next steps.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Film in Western WA, I'll be a full time volunteer. LOL
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:46:45 PM EDT
[#20]
+1. I'd be willing to be a dirty, unshaven survivor for free. Lol
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:48:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will still be glad to help in any way I can.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:33:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you looked into Mississippi?  I know nothing of the business but it seems like more and more movies are getting made here on the cheap.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:34:18 AM EDT
[#23]

NM
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Have you looked into Mississippi?  I know nothing of the business but it seems like more and more movies are getting made here on the cheap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And more and more. Get here quick...we can get you volunteers (or at least extras that are happy with a miller and slice of pizza).
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 4:59:32 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm trying not to hijack a thread about the book here.  I also need to update my 'official' thread.  In the meantime, a few southeast states are being considered for the project.  Here's a good overview of movie incentives by State that should be interesting reading.  MS certainly is in the running.  We want to land in the ~25% to 30% rebate with sales tax relief, and they're right there (along with a few other states).  All of their offices (and the industry in general) are closed until mid-January.  I have some meetings set up then to discuss with the States that look like good candidates.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 5:06:28 PM EDT
[#26]
You have a volunteer in Mississippi right here!
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 11:42:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm trying not to hijack a thread about the book here.  I also need to update my 'official' thread.  In the meantime, a few southeast states are being considered for the project.  Here's a good overview of movie incentives by State that should be interesting reading.  MS certainly is in the running.  We want to land in the ~25% to 30% rebate with sales tax relief, and they're right there (along with a few other states).  All of their offices (and the industry in general) are closed until mid-January.  I have some meetings set up then to discuss with the States that look like good candidates.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top