Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2014 6:30:10 AM EDT
There was a story I read on here years ago that I want to find again.  I'm hoping the author finished it and/or got it published.  Unfortunately, I do not remember a whole lot about it.

I think the main character was former military or a police officer and went away for training (maybe a carbine or rifle class?) for a week or so.  On his way back, the zombie apocalypse hits.  I think it was him and his buddy and I think they either took a train or were going to take a train back.  I want to say when he got back home no one was there and that's where I stopped reading.

Does anyone remember a story like that?  Sorry for being so vague.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:25:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you try slow burn. It's about a police officer and starts out with him and a buddy coming back from a woods trip.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 4:43:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Never heard of it.  Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 5:12:42 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_20/638214_Zombie_Novel___Slow_Burn____update_on_06_20_14.html
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:46:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I cant remember the name of it either but I think I started reading it again a few months back.

If you go through the pages here I think you will find it still up.

Slow Burn is a great read as well
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top