BCM
User Panel

Page / 84
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 4:39:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Another great segment.  A couple of corrections...

It's Harley Davdison PANHEAD not Panhandle

And Abilene, not Abiline.

Link Posted: 6/21/2015 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#3]

--zoe17, that was--fast!

--warhawk, panhead/Abilene--yeah...ouch.  Pretty amazing the stuff I don't see/hear at umpty dark-thirty

in the morning.  "Panhandle" oh man.  And a tiny general note for those of us who routinely substitute

their/there and yours/your's etc.--been doing it for years.  Has something to do with cognition/visuals/

sounds translated to letters/words, of course, and not, ahem, always a sign of gross lethargy, or

intellectual impairment.  Or so I tell myself...
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 4:50:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Excellent.  And dark.  

Buried my best friends 20 year old son the other day.  This is very fitting.  Thank you for the chapter.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 5:40:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Your love comes through every word.  Thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome update.

It's cool seeing some of the cogs in the Gehr machine.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 11:31:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Very cool update...  

I think that you are really plotting out Brian's reaction to his massive reality shift well.  His interactions with those he encountered along the way are quite believable.  Reading about his reactions to those interactions we are able to watch his development into a character that will likely interface with his new reality successfully, but we get to go along with him on the ride until he gets there. I really liked the end with the "retired" soldier delivering his warning about the serious people just north of the truck-stop.  It conveyed a feeling that as a reader was both exciting and yet ominous at the same time.

Thanks for the update!
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 12:11:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RadioHack:
With the latest craziness in the news, the world has listed more to port. Perspective is further skewed by their overt agenda’s and their fervent indoctrination which is leaking like a sieve from the seams of their distorted, corrupted souls. Another update please as a balm to these tired eyes, something to fix as the horizon, something to mark as buoy of sanity as we are headed for our goal of the sanity Isles far away from this age’s madness.
The mewling of the sheep combined with the bleating of the tethered goats of deception is getting on my nerves…. I know I’m not the only one (considering all the thoughtful thinkers who have posted in this thread), but bugger all, it’s a weight.
So, DC, when may we expect the next fruit of your pen?

Titus 1:15-16
To the pure, all things are pure, but to the defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure; but both their minds and their consciences are defiled. They profess to know God, but they deny him by their works. They are detestable, disobedient, unfit for any good work.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

—  Winston Churchill
View Quote

Here, here! Well said.

And DCB, thank you for another fine update!

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 8:08:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Great Update DCB!  As usual, it's getting (even more) interesting.  

<Add important / pithy comment here when it comes to me!>
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:53:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Excellent!
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:08:43 AM EDT
[#11]
DCB - been here since the beginning, but this is my first post. I always thought I was well read, but feel like a plebe compared to some of the librarians who regularly post.

One correction:  Her faces- should be Her face is scarred...

Read and reviewed Injured Reserves. My full name matches my username if you look.

I enjoy your writing style and vision. I did have a question regarding the Sabatier knives as that is way specific. What prompted/inspired their use?

Awesome read. As others have stated, I'm in at $2.99 or higher for the full version. Don't sell yourself short.

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:39:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Wow, great updates!   I guess it's really bad that I can identify with Brian so well.   Hopefully those in the Gerhiverse will find him suitable for conservation...

TriumphRider

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#13]

For about the next 120 miles. From here to Fredericksburg, and way past, pretty much all the way to Fort Worth.
View Quote

Deep pockets and long running plans indeed.

The manpower and coordination to lock down hundreds of square miles...yikes.

I hope someone is actually doing this.  I hope lots of someones are doing this.

And locals...they'd have to be for it to work.  Goatee knows the lot lizard.  So not just finding the right people, but finding the right people in the right places.  Or harder still putting them in the right places years ahead of time.  That's a lot of St George challenge coins.  I wonder if they made the coins themselves or bulk ordered from china...wait, no I don't.

I was pawing around on google maps, couldn't help but notice the proximity of Ft Hood.

Noticable lack of comm on these two...has me wondering.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:00:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stimpsonjcat] [#14]
removed cause I can't drive the interwebz today...
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:09:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By mnmiv:

I enjoy your writing style and vision. I did have a question regarding the Sabatier knives as that is way specific. What prompted/inspired their use?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I am not DC (I think that is the second time I have said that ) but I asked much the same question way back in the thread.

DC's answer was they were chosen because they are cheap, everywhere, easily carried as he specifies, and excellent quality.

Apparently every flea market in Europe has these 'worn out' knives all over the tables.  So the team can pick them up easily and add them to their kit.

Hope that helped.

ETA...in DCs own words...

Ah jeez, stimpson, the knives in Injured--

Apologies, missed that on the first read.

Sabatier carbon steel, thick spines, fine edges. After multiple sharpenings by chefs and home-makers throughout Europe, they can be found in any European flea-market with the tips narrowed to slivers, but the spines, bases, hafts, the sixty percent closest to the handle in perfect shape. Useful junk. Judicious use of a file, five minutes or so, gives you a fairly thick and springy wedge, as useful as the tip of a Roman gladius. A ceramic coffee cup or plate and you have a razor. Shape as you will. No finer and cheaper and more disposable tool, if you are roaming about Europe. Folded cardboard, rubbed with a candle or lip gloss, on both sides, makes a fine and sticky temporary sheath.

The Argentinian 'falcon' appeals. Pretty much a chef's knife. Shorten as you will.
Four to five inches is probably enough, and doesn't dig when you sit.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:10:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Just saw this article on Drudge:

Amazon to pay self-published authors based on pages read

Sounds like at least for now it's only on Kindle Unlimited and Kindle Owner's Lending Library.  I was curious as to your thoughts on this, and how it might affect you.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:46:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By stimpsonjcat:

I am not DC (I think that is the second time I have said that ) but I asked much the same question way back in the thread.

DC's answer was they were chosen because they are cheap, everywhere, easily carried as he specifies, and excellent quality.

Apparently every flea market in Europe has these 'worn out' knives all over the tables.  So the team can pick them up easily and add them to their kit.

Hope that helped.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stimpsonjcat:

Hope that helped.

Ah jeez, stimpson, the knives in Injured--

Apologies, missed that on the first read.

Sabatier carbon steel, thick spines, fine edges. After multiple sharpenings by chefs and home-makers throughout Europe, they can be found in any European flea-market with the tips narrowed to slivers, but the spines, bases, hafts, the sixty percent closest to the handle in perfect shape. Useful junk. Judicious use of a file, five minutes or so, gives you a fairly thick and springy wedge, as useful as the tip of a Roman gladius. A ceramic coffee cup or plate and you have a razor. Shape as you will. No finer and cheaper and more disposable tool, if you are roaming about Europe. Folded cardboard, rubbed with a candle or lip gloss, on both sides, makes a fine and sticky temporary sheath.

The Argentinian 'falcon' appeals. Pretty much a chef's knife. Shorten as you will.
Four to five inches is probably enough, and doesn't dig when you sit.

Thanks, fellow Georgian. I thought I remembered the question being asked/answered but we are at 51 pages. ??

Gotta admire practicality and adaptability.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 2:46:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Excellent update!!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:57:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kc215] [#19]
Excellent post..... This is a story I cannot put down.  I caught one typo....
big man with a black beard so full it almost hid his eyes, dusty Carhat work jacket and dusty stockman boots watched from a folding chair at the end of
View Quote

Carhartt

Even though I cheap SOB, and like free stuff.  I will gladly play $3.   Off to research sabatier knives....
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Welp, DCB, you called it.  Here is a GD post I made today:

"As I see the SCOTUS Obamacare ruling, I'm reminded of something our friend DCBourone wrote in his excellent story "The Soldier's Son" over in the Survival Fiction section of the Outdoor Forum.

"You see, Lou,” Billy said, and looked very old for such a young boy, "You need to understand that whoever arranged this, or at the very least, tolerated it, and plans to profit from it, when they break all laws? When they are all the ultimate breakers of all laws, and when they write laws which are already broken? You have to understand that as our Rulers, and Owners, and False Priests, and Slave-Makers, have freed themselves to be lawless? So they have freed us, to be lawless. They are telling us there is nothing left for us, unless we break our chains. So. We can do anything we want. As they are lawless, we are now lawless."
View Quote

The law is a social contract between the government and the governed.  If the party responsible for upholding the integrity of that social contract decides to break that arrangement, they release the governed from their side of the contract.  

In other words, if the government decides to become lawless, there is no obligation for the people to follow the law anymore.

Just sayin' "

Pretty scary the times we live in.  

Thanks for your story.  I think $3.99 is good.  Keep up the great work!

-Highstepper
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 2:13:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trapshooter12] [#21]
I'm starting to see or Liberal Government and Right-wing Extremists much like ISIS.
ISIS believe they are more Muslim than those of the past so the past must be destroyed.

Look at what is happening with the Confederate Battle Flag, the past must be destroyed.

How long before they start cleansing the history books off anything mentioning the Confederate South.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 2:26:35 PM EDT
[#22]
I find it interesting how they shut down Mapquest and any other internet mapping. The people get sucked in by technology and forget how to do for themselves much less looking at the Sun to figure out which way is North..

I am a long-range shooter and I watch other shooter bring out their Ballistics calculators to help them hit a target. What will they do one day when their batteries die  and they can't judge the wind and punch in the numbers for a wind hold they are going to be screwed.

I am waiting for your next installment about the Sniper.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 7:46:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Trapshooter12:
I'm starting to see or Liberal Government and Right-wing Extremists much like ISIS.
ISIS believe they are more Muslim than those of the past so the past must be destroyed.

Look at what is happening with the Confederate Battle Flag, the past must be destroyed.

How long before they start cleansing the history books off anything mentioning the Confederate South.
View Quote

The cleansing has begun, Sircar's Corollary of Godwin's Law has gone from an amusing predictor of human behaviour to an absolute. It's a social media version of the 1930's Nazi Book burnings.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 6:31:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RadioHack] [#24]
Another book recommendation whilst we await an update, it may help as we wade through these troubled times -  The  Long Fuse, How England Lost the American Colonies by Don Cook

ETA; This reminded me of a poignant George Washington quote -

Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to George William Fairfax on the Battle of Concord, May 31, 1775
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 7:13:53 PM EDT
[#25]
better hurry up and finish or history will overtake your story...
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By greyguy:
Very cool update...  

I think that you are really plotting out Brian's reaction to his massive reality shift well.  His interactions with those he encountered along the way are quite believable.  Reading about his reactions to those interactions we are able to watch his development into a character that will likely interface with his new reality successfully, but we get to go along with him on the ride until he gets there. I really liked the end with the "retired" soldier delivering his warning about the serious people just north of the truck-stop.  It conveyed a feeling that as a reader was both exciting and yet ominous at the same time.

Thanks for the update!
View Quote

I couldn't agree more.   Excellent as always DC.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 1:29:55 PM EDT
[#27]
the story (and events of the last week!) has me feeling like pippin at this point:
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:55:22 PM EDT
[#28]
There's an update coming. I can feel it.

I will distract myself in the mean time with the The Lays of Ancient Rome and a pillar/bedding project.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:07:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RadioHack] [#29]
Originally Posted By airsix:
There's an update coming. I can feel it.

I will distract myself in the mean time with the The Lays of Ancient Rome and a pillar/bedding project.  
View Quote

I'm using single malt and J.L . Bourne's new book.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:34:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DCBourone] [#30]

--all is well.  Checking in when I can.

--airsix/Radio/all, good timing, update next 24.

--pretty sure we have self-selected down to a group

of core readers/minds.  For those of you who are on

the fence, please read the SAMPLE of ( Amazon DCBourone

Injured Reserves ) or download for FREE ( Amazon DCBourone

The Listening Room ) which contains first third of Injured Reserves.

Injured Reserves will play a significant

part in the world of this story, and all that follow.

Ok, back to work, a few more paragraphs tonight, and update

will go up.

Good to see everyone.

DCB

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:48:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By DCBourone:

--

--pretty sure we have self-selected down to a group
of core readers/minds.

View Quote

I don't presume to speak for the others, but I believe you are cultivating a group of aspiring librarians.
No pressure regarding updates. They are a gift and not an entitlement. If it comes tomorrow I am grateful, if it comes next year I am grateful.
I hope you will take the time to have an enjoyable celebration of Independence Day. Thanks, friend.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:21:43 AM EDT
[#32]
When I see this thread has activity, I am like whoo, update. Waiting per SOP, thanks for the story.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:33:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By zoe17:
When I see this thread has activity, I am like whoo, update. Waiting per SOP, thanks for the story.
View Quote

Me too. Looks something like this.  

--
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:25:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DCBourone] [#34]
Update follows comments:

General Note: obscure--the Brian Distrop 'going north' passage was originally
blocked out at about twenty pages--looking like more than thirty-plus.  Issue
of detail, depth, etc.  But I like Brian tremendously, and he is the most 'normal'
of all these characters.  He is our 'everyman' lens through which we can view
this world.  So...lots more work.

Comments going back a ways, I missed a few--

--zoe17, going back to 6/21, as always, appreciate your patience, z.

--Warhawk, on Panhead...um....oops.  Afraid we will see more of those.  Much
thanks the catch.  And see all the courteous, who noticed, but were to polite
to shout.  Shout, friends.  As needed.

--Mounger, on epic loss, just...damn.  What can be said.  Nothing.  Except endure.

--DesignatedMarksman, much thanks, and yes there are some pretty good people
here.  I think in general this genre of fiction routinely misses the good in favor
of exploiting the bad.  There will be plenty of bad to go around for everyone.

--PFunk--cogs in the Gehr machine--the last 10,000 words I'm going to expand
that machine to the stratosphere.  A big reveal.  The Gehriverse is "big."

--greyguy, much thanks and much appreciate your patience.  You've been here
since the beginning.  Over a year, now.  Writing time has been eons.  Living
time has been a quick sprint.  Yep, Brian is our pseudo-regular guy.  He's
actually a pocket saint, he just doesn't know it yet.  He will harden up, but
his instinct will always be to heal.  Good dude.

--airsix, RadioHack's quotes are always worth re-quoting.  And very concerned
we are heading into The Deep Strange.  Very very hard to watch, will be very
hard to live.  If I had/have the time I would write a manual on cognitive dissonance,
how to manage, etc.  Long complicated subject.  "Stress/other related" issues, and so
on.  Understand this cognitive dissonance/stress creation/friction are finely articulated
purposeful tools of the not-us.  Nasty business.

--GreenGiant, just posting here is a huge help.  Pithy comments, on your clock.

--ny15, much thanks your patience.

--mnmiv, huge thanks review Injured.  Injured will take very careful tending at some
point.  Right now it is mostly sleeping.  But a close read between the lines and Injured
will, and has, provoke(d) serious rage.  And yes, the Librarians here are exceptional.
And these really are the 'footnotes' to Soldier's, and even Injured.  The Sabatier knives--
spent a lot of time in Europe.  Italy, Spain, Portugal, still have a pretty serious knife
culture.  Can't resist a flea-market.  Worn out blades abound.  Not so worn out, unless
you're cutting celery.  And much appreciate your comment on pricing.  But a 2.99
price point will still be promoted here, with a big heads-up.  Should be enough
to head off the drive-by/casual purchaser/reviewers.  Sorry guys, but a lot of them
are going to hate this.

--TriumphRider, we all identify with Brian.  At the very least, everyone who is not a
sociopath started as a Brian.  I am very wary of men who don't have some of Brian
in them.

--StimpsonJ, a post where every line deserves a paragraph.  As usual.  Yes, deep
pockets and long plans.  Idealized, but manageable.  Have a very good friend who
builds 'secure facilities' and I have been on a number of sites.  He approves of
my...message.  "Right people/right places"--the key is to always be looking.
Briefly: making friends, like finding a wife, is not a task in which luck should
be the primary driver.  It's a job.  A task.  With a very specific task sheet.
No news to anyone here: it starts with character.  And more on the St. George
coins coming up this installment.  On Ft. Hood--yes and good eye and the location
of Gehr Waffen is giving me fits.  Nuff said at this time.  Good to see you, St.

--StimpsonJ, good eye on the knives.  More than knives.  Europe is now a giant
arms bazaar.  The leakage out of the Eastern Block is a giant problem.  Black
market used to be heavily supervised.  The new volume/certain ethnic/tribal
groups is just...yeah we get it.  Europe has severely ffed itself.  But that was
the plan.  Somebody's plan...

--armstrong001--been following the KU/borrow/paid per page issue fairly closely
as a new color in the overall issue of pricing.  The only 'promotion' I am doing so
far, and which suits my nature, is this.  And I think my 'market' will be narrow, but
deep.  In other words, loyal readers, but not many, compared to let's say, werewolf/
shapeshifter/erotic/romance/pornography.  And I intend to write fairly 'long' books,
if long is 300-500 pages.  Long complicated subject: briefly, I think I would benefit
from KU borrow/pay per page.  Big disadvantage: KU requires being exclusive to
Amazon.  Amazon is not my/our friend.  Big Heads Up: Amazon does not care if
they make money on books. They consider books a tool to get you on the site---
and keep shopping.  We shall see.

--mnimv--if you haven't, everybody needs at least one trip to Europe, self-guided.
Our history is profound, but short.  Fascinating to walk where Romans walked,
while you study maps on your phone.  Might go sooner, rather than later.
Like everyone else, they've got hard times coming.

--Mongo7382, good to see you again.  Really appreciate everyone sticking with this.

--kc215 much thanks your comment, and the spelling catch.  And yeah, I never
would have seen it.  Thank god I have a brilliant lady who misses nothing.  She
is regularly appalled at what I don't see.  Lots of tsk tsking... ON PRICING: I will
regularly advise all, do a countdown, on pricing.  More on this later.  Hopefully
in a month or...a month.  Yep, it's always a month.  On the other hand I thought
I would bring this in at 110k words and we're at 118k and might have 20k more
words to go.

--highstepper--yep they are really spiking the ball in our faces.  Very concerned at
....the speed.  Of the ball.  Nuff said at this time.  On pricing: prices will be shown
here first, with countdown to changes, etc.

--Trapshooter....stepping very lightly: the historical revisionism and deletion is already
in full force.  The flag issue is a pallid version of far more dangerous 'adjustments'
which have been going on for many years.  Nuff said at this time.  And I agree with
you on the tech gizmos.  And gizmos/tools in general.  No news to anyone here, but
social engineering/mind set will be vastly more important than any particular tool.
But to your point: I never tell anyone what a K98 with a decent throat and a good
crown can manage.  They don't believe me.  They have to do it themselves.

--and now RadioHack, with another quote requiring that I expand my library--
ah, Sicar's corollary, I see what you are doing there.  So I will propose my own:
Bourone's corollary: "Those who avoid referencing the Holocaust prefer novelty
over truth"--why, because the Holocaust/Nazis etc. are a perfect view into the
complete range of human character/institutions/depravity/language/propaganda, etc.
--bet the egotist must always be seen to be saying something new, and novel.

--heron, good to see you.  Yes, history at warp speed.  Welcome to the future.
Grim grim grim.

--KOW much thanks to another early adopter.  More Brian coming up here.

--heron163, yes, the future, when I drafted this story over a year ago, plus,
I had all the trend lines in place.  Deeply unfun to see them accelerate.

--airsix, your update is here.  And yes, latent librarians, hope to see as many
as possible in my lifetime.  The 4th, one of the few 'holidays' that still resonates.
Wonder how much longer it will last.  Someday it will be called "international
self-esteem day"

--zoe17, a real issue: post to keep up with comments and prove I'm alive.  Or==
no post, wait for update.  No solution.

--same same BigDam. --------------

------TEXT REMOVED 01072019 .RE EPUB TOS ETC.-----

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:39:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Brian should just hang tight where he is for the 3 days.  Then he can go see Maria.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:47:04 PM EDT
[#36]
A delicate crunch of gravel and Camou Man stood in front of him again.
View Quote

That won’t be so common, soon. If it ever was. So, it’s your call, Brian. You will always be welcome her. Gotta go. Get some rest.
View Quote

A couple of typos I noticed.  Wonderful update.  Thank you.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:54:08 PM EDT
[#37]

Originally Posted By DCBourone:

"Do you know why you’re welcome here, Brian?  Because you’re a nice guy.  That won’t be so common, soon.  If it ever was.  So, it’s your call, Brian.  You will always be welcome her here.  Gotta go. Get some rest.”

View Quote

Very cool.  Thanks for the update!  even in death Fernando just keeps popping up doesn't he?

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks for the update. Our schedule must be off, a update during daylight hours. Man I am slipping by not seeing it sooner. But we all have to sleep a little.

Good work and keep it coming.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#39]
As usual, spellbinding!

The "tail" is following the dog ...  
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#40]
But Brian considered that the Sinai Nude might have done something stranger, and even worse than killing a city of millions, if such a thing were possible.

I might have to do this twice since I'm on a note book.   But that should have been Nuke unless you finally decided Porn is going to get you more sales.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:27:42 PM EDT
[#41]
As soon as he heard her voice, the word realigned itself.

know not to Ass u me anything but I assume this should say ( world realigned itself)

Great read I really enjoy your writing style.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:54:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Very well done!  placed the reader write were he should be.  My congratulations you've done topped most of the writer I've recently read.  A voice in the wind that tells the tale that many foresee maybe the future?  

Been to many a land that's foreign to the civilized person.  Your writing reflects whats been seen by some here but never convoyed....A city person living a metropolitan life has no understanding of our message'  it's usually lost in translation within the first 13 words spoken from our lips...Their minds shield our message and in the confusion which it sparks they gently back away and move on.

Well done!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:26:08 PM EDT
[#43]
DCBourone,

Thanks for the update. I like where it appears you are taking the story, and your continued development of what I suspect to be key figures. Looking forward to learning more about Brian and his interactions with the Gehrs.

The tablet during the interview adds some additional intrigue.

I'll be patiently awaiting the next installment.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:45:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Great installment.  And longer than recent ones.  Well worth the wait.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:25:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Awesome update DCB. I love how you can put us into the scene in secs a way that we can feel the seconds tick by in both the characters little environment and take us to a world wide focus without diluting the clear image in our heads.

It's always a pleasure reading your updates.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:04:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Excellent work allowing us to visualize it as if we were right next to Brian.

No hole up somewhere Brian.  Don't get caught in the open alone and asleep.

Not good, not good at all
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:05:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Thank you for the update, excellent as usual.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:42:21 AM EDT
[#48]
For those trying to get an idea what a civil panic looks like, look at what has happened to the AR's and Ammo after this President was elected.
We have had overly inflated prices and shortages on everything gun related all in the last eight years. This has been a warm up and practice for the real thing coming soon.

Look at the 22lr hoarders and picture that being food and picture the desperate people that don't have any food. Add the riots that we have had lately and it creates a break picture.

It scares me to even think of what's coming our way in the future.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:08:03 PM EDT
[#49]
DCB,
Thank you for that great update! It had a nice length. The hardest part about this pre-screening is not quoting you!  
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:47:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Is it out of place to ask about Texas in this thread?  

Having had the pleasure of visiting the general area where this story is set, I can't say that it seems much different from a lot of other places that I've visited. Maybe a slightly higher number of pickups with Christian or gun related stickers on them, and also a higher number of folks who like to drive slower than the flow of traffic in the left lane. lol

I'm curious why Texas is always portrayed as the last of the real America.  I'm not trying to knock anyone, or anywhere, but in my experience, Texas has the same issues that most other states have.  I'm wondering what it is that sets Texas, and the "L " shape that was mentioned earlier in this thread apart.  I'm mostly curious, because I feel like it may be time to get closer to the place that you want to be, if that makes sense.
Page / 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top