Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 84
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 4:13:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PFunkk] [#1]
I got a membership, and want to see how my avatar looks.

While I'm here,

D.C. hurry up.

Edit: I like it!
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 8:23:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PFunkk:

While I'm here,

D.C. hurry up.

View Quote

Looks like a white rabbit in a snowstorm from here...
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 8:26:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Or is it a white cat?

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 8:58:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: greyguy] [#4]

Originally Posted By DCBourone:
--greyguy good to see you and could you copy/past BRIEF example of question marks/formatting issue?
Would like to know, and might need to know.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
--greyguy good to see you and could you copy/past BRIEF example of question marks/formatting issue?
Would like to know, and might need to know.

I've been absent from this thread for a bit, my apologies.
From the Edit on pg. 63:
Over-penetration is a problem for civilians, his father had
said.  Because when you fight, and you
will surely fight someday, because our world is collapsing in upon itself, and
you will see the fall of your country, you will see the fall of your country the
way Romans witnessed the Fall of Rome?
 Because
our Apocalypse has already happened.  Our
Apocalypse happened when we lost our values.
Do you understand me, son?  So when
you fight?

You will be not be fighting as a civilian.

<<<snip>>>
You will be fighing for whatever is left of your family.

And you will be fighting for whatever is left?

Of yourself.
<<<snip>>>

And he was sure the future was very dark.

And in a dark future?

He knew the world would be ruled by gangs.
<<<snip>>>
They were all waiting for Luis to kill the new Deputy.

They all knew in the deep dark Texas scrubland?

Such a crime would never be solved.
<<<snip>>>
Because I can kill you, I can kill of all of you, all of
you who are like this man, this man Luis the Foot-Chopper?
 I can kill you whenever I want.  Wherever I want.  However, I want.  Do you see me?  Because I see you.

I can't get the quote feature to work correctly for some reason so I have them all on one quote box...

Again I'm not the most literary guy so it might be an issue of style that I'm not accustomed to.

As always thanks for posting the story for us.

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 2:30:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By greyguy:

View All Quotes

While I'm here,

D.C. hurry up.

On my phone it's an albino Yeti with a glass of milk, a handful of rice, a pile of cocaine, and a paper plate, in a snowstorm.

On my tablet it's Winston Churchill with a Tommy gun.

Both are pretty cool, so I'm happy either way.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 9:26:34 AM EDT
[#6]

On my phone it's an albino Yeti with a glass of milk, a handful of rice, a pile of cocaine, and a paper plate, in a snowstorm.

View All Quotes

While I'm here,

D.C. hurry up.

Yeah, I see it now. I'm pretty sure you're right. I don't know where I was getting the rabbit and cat...

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:13:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Posting so this doesn't get archived.

DC, hurry up.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 5:59:44 AM EDT
[#8]

GENERAL NOTE: All is (sorta) well.  Spread across multiple domains.  No control of critical dimension

of Time.  None.  Unfortunately.  Finish/pub. still will not

be measured in 'months.' Work proceeds, usually between 3-6/AM.  Will be making cover soon.

Piddler's book cover leather turned out to be non-tear proof, must find substitute.

Greyguy I see you on question marks/phrasing/etc.  Yes it is (bowing and scraping) a 'style'--

Editing is continuous, thousands of small changes, periods, tweaks, I will study this.

PFfunk, much thanks.

Designated, much thanks.

Obv. nothing in news looks too promising.

Will violate our very careful non-naming by 'hinting'--

We have a uniparty.  It/they are exclusively devoted to themselves.  I see only one possibility, and it is

only a possibility, contained in a single individual, who might....just might....do some damage to the

uniparty.  That such a risk might be reasonable, or even 'best'--is profoundly un-good.

Seeing only one option, i will take it.

Caveat emptor.

Obv. said issues motivate my/this/other/many stories.

The Constitutional Republic of The United States of America was a Unique Aberration In The History Of

Mankind.  And Many Are Those Who Would Reduce It.

Fuck Them.

And Fuck The Uniparty.

No names/first names/party names here, please.

Someday a long post on 'naming'/identifying/other' and how it has been used against us.

Pretty cranky tonight, it's fucking late, and the comma hammer needs grease.

DCB
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 9:56:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Great to hear from you. Not much good news these days; a note from a like mind helps remind us we aren't alone.

Keep on.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 3:35:06 PM EDT
[#10]
**Ding Dong!**  This is UPS with a LARGE drum of .. of...ummmm, "Automatic Comma Hammer Lubricant, Heavy Duty".  I don't know what this stuff is but please come help me move it off of my foot!!!!  It also smells a bit like really old Roast Goose, yeck!!!

**Ding Dong!, Ding Dong!, Ding Dong!**  Hey! Is anybody home?? This dang drum is crushing my foot!!  Hellooooo?? Is anybody home???? **Ding Dong!, Ding Dong!**

Link Posted: 3/23/2016 10:12:01 AM EDT
[#11]

"Deliver Automatic Comma Hammer Lubricant, Heavy Duty where they are, and then deliver Automatic Comma Hammer Lubricant, Heavy Duty where they are going to be."

"Writing is the control of your thought process in the three dimensions of story, purpose, and language...and across the fourth dimension of expectations of a bunch of interweb yahoos on some damn weapons forum."
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 7:51:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By stimpsonjcat:

"Deliver Automatic Comma Hammer Lubricant, Heavy Duty where they are, and then deliver Automatic Comma Hammer Lubricant, Heavy Duty where they are going to be."

"Writing is the control of your thought process in the three dimensions of story, purpose, and language...and across the fourth dimension of expectations of a bunch of interweb yahoos on some damn weapons forum."
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2016 3:23:42 PM EDT
[#13]
That second quote is definitely sig material ... Even though it's slightly plagiarized.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 8:52:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By stimpsonjcat:

View Quote

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 8:51:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Another interweb yahoo checking in.  The support staff is still out here, waiting sort of patiently.  

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 1:03:51 AM EDT
[#16]

GENERAL NOTE: Present, healthy, working.  Was prompted today by a smart person on this forum to

make the following observation: clearly I am 'slow/delayed'--many reasons, perfectionist (which renders

the common, impossible ), normal life stuff (not full time writer by any means) and so on.  But a reason

relevant, highly relevant, to this forum and all assembled here, would be the continuing/expanding exposure

of this/our thoughts 'out there'--a necessity if I am to continue at this.  This is essentially, a peer group,

a number of like minds, the likelihood for misunderstanding, or malice, is...very very small.

The conversation today related to the concept of 'normalcy bias'--long ago I made a post about the

many hurdles of self-selection required to find this book and so on--briefly, a sequence of identifiers:

1 Pro-gun 2. Pro-gun enough to seek and frequent a pro-gun forum 3. Within that forum, Very important: READERS.  Sub-category:

OF BOOKS. 4.  Within that subcategory--readers of a complex non-linear information dense 'not specifically

for entertainment or escape' 'book'--5. Familiar enough with the material, comprehending same, sufficient

not 'to just go read something else' 6. And then have something to say about it 7. and then have the courage

to say something about it---

There are quite a few others, but you get the idea.

Do not confuse the inhibition here with 'fear'--I am not a particularly fearful person, but this future exposure

has significant effects on the choice/timing/reveals of the story, and the stories to follow, and complicates

the writing process.  Perhaps too much information, but this is...a non-casual endeavor.

Finish/publication still not measured in 'months'/plural.

--PFunkk, good to see you, etc.

--GreenGiant much appreciate comma hammer grease.

--StimpsonJ, yes 'control of'--not much, I'm afraid.  Just watched your...Oklahoma? P-something gun run last

night.  Hysterical.  I envy your knees.  What lbs starting load-out?  "What's that?" "A FAL" "You can actually shoot

that thing"--awesomeness.

--greyguy, yes, I got it, must exert more control....ah FFFFF.  We are two years into this now. I've pretty

much reduced all options to...this.  Very smart, yes?  I can advance in any direction!  This and many more

will be done, short of death, death unlikely.

--Currently, yes that is sig material.  I am also very fond of the original template.  Maybe a story about that

someday...those words are mine, but much older than this/these stories/books....

--highstepper, yes, yes, I feel the pressure!

--kermit, very very grateful for you/all any patience, at all!

--Piddler, I have your book parts strewn across this desk, you have already seen the coin.  Immediately post pub

I will be assembling your artifact.

Ok, back to work!

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 9:30:16 AM EDT
[#17]

--StimpsonJ, yes 'control of'--not much, I'm afraid.  Just watched your...Oklahoma? P-something gun run last
night.  Hysterical.  I envy your knees.  What lbs starting load-out?  "What's that?" "A FAL" "You can actually shoot
that thing"--awesomeness.
View Quote

35 lbs total for the gear.

The knees had no issues...the feet, however, were unimpressed with the un-padded trail shoes I selected.  It was mostly hard dirt roads.

A good friend of mine scouted this match a year ago and then 5 of us FAL-toting lunatics showed up this year.  We finished 7th, 12th, 16th (me), 21st and 28th IIRC out of 90 shooters.

It was a very good lesson in personal capabilities and gear selection...which was the point.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 10:42:02 PM EDT
[#18]
DCB,
Just checking in to say I appreciate your work, and I'm still here....
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 9:10:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Lungbuster:
DCB,
View Quote

....same here...you fans of FALs might enjoy this!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1854598_The_Dutch_fire_the_FN_FAL_for_the_last_time__Worth_a_read_.html
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 3:07:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Lungbuster:
DCB,
View Quote

Same here.  Take your time and hurry up every chance you get.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 11:28:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Nothing to do with the story, but I've recently been introduced to the teachings of two very informed individuals. The implications are disturbing. The content will be of interest to most here:

Victor Hanson, his work was referred to me by a very wise source. He has insight I found dusturbing.

Dr. Bill Warner, on political Islam. Warner is extremely knowledgeable on the subject; once again, the implications should disturb you.

Now we have something to tide us over while waiting for the release of TSS.

Waiting patiently.....

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 2:00:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DCBourone] [#22]
Comments on comments follow 'general notes'--

GENERAL NOTE: NEW SUBJECT: As these are the footnotes to a fairly
complex story, and can only be done/seen in a forum like this, I would
like to add a 'dial turn'--an increase to the degree to which all here
know/suspect how our world works, and address one aspect of 'how we got
here'--some Deep History, if you will.

The example I use will seem like advocacy of a specific "Name" we see
now, today, in public life. It is not advocacy of any kind. Please
understand this.

But it is such a perfect and immediate example of 'how our world works' that

I feel obligated to discuss it. We might never see again such a stark example

of Deep History, and Corruption, in action.
Premise of future action: if you have the time, please look deep deep deep behind 'the curtain'

on all issues economic/political/social. We have all been very careful not to use

'proper names'/identifiers/party names/etc. Much thanks, all.

SPECIFICALLY: Consider that the principal 'actors' we are allowed to
see, are "AUDITIONED" NOT JUST FOR YEARS, BUT FOR decades, before we
ever see them. I used the analogy long ago, of professional sports.

A business worth billions. "Scouts" watch children in high school. Track their path.

Estimate their potential. Thousands of scouts, making tens of millions of dollars a year...

Please study the word/concept "Auditioned" and all that is suggests/includes.

Now imagine the 'method/complex/personnel/expenditure' if you are

'scouting' to protect not tens of billions, that would be professional sports, but...hundreds

of billons. Trillions, in fact. The wealth of the world. Please think about this.

GENERAL NOTE: It is very likely we have seen our first full 'Manchurian Candidate'--who was scouted/arranged/

steered, from a very early age. No names mentioned please, now and forever. Thank you. He

was/is not 'stupid.' He has precisely performed his role, and continues to do so. If you have

the time, please study his 'advisors/peers/mentors'--they write/dictate every word he speaks.

Dig deeper. Much deeper. Who 'owns' his 'advisors/peers/mentors'?????? Now we're getting

somewhere.

MOST IMPORTANT: This system of 'auditions' is very old. One thing this system will not tolerate, ever,

ever means ever, is a person who was not 'auditioned/payed/coerced/compromised.'

We might now be able to witness one such person. Accept that we will
never know, truly, what is spoken behind closed doors. But I think

there might be one outlier, now in public life, wild and corrupt and imperfect....but still, from outside

the system of auditions. He used to 'buy' them. So they would do him favors.

We will never know. Accept that: we will never know.

But he might actually be a patriot.

Watch how he is being treated.

Please think about this.

Consider the possibility that none of your other patriots, are 'patriots.' They were auditioned, noted, scouted, and are being

auditioned now. Please study their schools, mentors, advisors, donors, affiliates. For instance,

there are certain schools you cannot attend, without being noted/scouted/auditioned.

Has anyone noted those schools? Oh yes, I thought so.

Do you think perhaps you could 'own' the schools, down to every brick
and nail, if you controlled not just money, but the actual definition,
of 'money'?

What is the key requirement of surviving an audition????? That you be

obedient. Obedient. Obedient. Execute the story of your 'director.'

So by definition, what is THE MOST ESSENTIAL QUALITY OF OUR 'ACTORS'????

What ensures that NO MATTER WHAT, they will obey their owners?

There is only one: AMBITION.

And very specifically, AMBITION WITHIN THEIR CHOSEN FIELD.

In this case...politics.

Please think about this.

I assume this all seems pretty obvious to everyone here. This is nothing new.

But I ask simply that, to the extent possible, everyone 'look again', as often as they can.

Much thanks in advance: no proper names/parties/religions/etc. in this thread, ever if possible.

COMMENTS ON COMMENTS:

Stepping back a bit, Pfunnkk, Churchill with a Tommy Gun, rabbits, just FFF, funny as hell, and...

funny is good.

--PFunkk, good news, right, there is none, we will gird ourselves, at least die in a cluster of like

minds.  Very far away, I hope.  And hope is not a plan.  Pretty much all on the same page, here.

--GreenGiant, yes, we are at home, comma hammer lithium grease much appreciated, and yes in

a few locations the UPs man....hates us.  So much metal.  So little time.

--StimpsonJ, yep I aspire to being a low level wizard but have to live in this body, for now, and

feed and heal it, and sleep....what a fucking drag, all those wasted hours, sleeping?  Who made

this frail machine?  The horror.  To the point: there is a real chance, if I can be professional enough,

in this domain, and certain entanglements might reduce, that I will be more....productive.  We shall

see.  More below, StimpsonJ, on Fal/s and feet and life.

--greyguy,much thanks for the prompt, and...must endeavour to persevere!!!!

--Currently, a handshake someday, short of nukes and asteroids and Yellowstone going hot.

--highsteppper, much thanks for the prompt.  Read sample "amazon kindle single injured reserves"

that is the moral foundation this story.  Do not buy unless 'rich'--the sample is enough, and free.

--kermit, you have been way past patient.  On my time line, we are all 'young.'  And this story and

many others will be finished 'soon.'  Historically, we are all 'old' and I am 'slow.'  Good to see you,

Kermit.

--StimpsonJ, yes, nice lesson on gear/load/weight.  An old metric: 20 kilos, (forty pounds plus) and

ten one hundred metre sprints.  Doable, but harsh on the knees/ankles/feet.  As on 'older'person

with a malevolent interest in fitness, and many lagging injuries, short story: BCAA's, branched

chain amino acids.  Seem to 'heal'/relieve' many things.  Long subject.  Get me started on supplements/

fasting/yoga...that would be another thread.  Not yet, maybe someday.  If all goes well I will add hugely

to my credibility stack with some youtube videos.  Crossed fingers.  Nuff said at this time.  Good FFFing

job, ST.

--Lungbuster, much thanks the prompt!

--Piddler!!! Piddler!!!  Very pleased to see you!!!!  Your book stuff is scattered across my desk!!!  Time

flies, and I am...lamed up.  Must take pic your book ingredients!!!  On the Dutch and FAL/S....big fan

the FAL.  The Dutch.  They are...retired.  See Brussels.  Ooops.

--FIELD/MP, take your time and hurry....Perfect!!!  Exactly.

--PFunnkk, on Victor and Warner, we are full squared.  Well done.  Watch your IM's.  A handshake,

summer or fall at the latest.

GENERAL NOTE: much thanks to those of you who find search phrase:

'DCBourone Kindle Single Injured Reserves'

To those of you who are new here, or lurking, Injured Reserves is a kind
of moral bible of the Gehr Family, and a key reference between and amongst
all who live in the Gehriverse. Injured was written by a member of the Gehr
Family, who will make himself known in later books.
"Combat is the control of your adversary in the three dimensions of space,
across the fourth
dimension, of time...." search (Kindle Single Injured Reserves)
Thank you, DesignatedMarksman.
Ok, back to work.
DCBourone

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Just checking in for release date.  

Glad all is well.

Watching and waiting.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:44:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RadioHack] [#24]
I'll state this again, it's part of DC's gift that he is able to stir the pot of fears we leave on the back burner, bringing to our attention the urgent need to ask questions. I miss the continuation of the story, but love the discussion as it weaves it way through the midnight hours of what's left of the American (fitful) dream and  for that matter, what's left of Western Civilization.  

Imagine sitting in on a lamp lit, dark of night, discussion by Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and John Jay, before they scribbled "Publius" as their signature.... You have a seat at that table right now. Your thoughts have weight with the scribe. How far will your influence be felt by future generations?

Personal note:

Been away from this site for a while by deliberate choice, it was disappointing the bent of elective and selective thinking some members so stridently expressed (there's a pun in there somewhere).

Also, the solipsistic distortion of libertarian pretensions exposed by so many on popular culture in other threads was farcical to the point of insult (judgement is not bigotry, judgement is the logical conclusion of morals and ethics and if one cannot define either and how they relate to the situation, then one cannot rebut or explain oneself to the madman driven by emotion - you might as well argue with a banshee, all you'll get is fetid howling in your face). Kind of turned me off and turned me inward.

“Care for us! True, indeed! They ne'er cared for us yet: suffer us to famish, and their storehouses crammed with grain; make edicts for usury, to support usurers; repeal daily any wholesome act established against the rich, and provide more piercing statutes daily to chain up and restrain the poor. If the wars eat us not up, they will; and there's all the love they bear us.”
William Shakespeare, Coriolanus

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 11:42:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By RadioHack:

I'll state this again, it's part of DC's gift that he is able to stir the pot of fears we leave on the back burner, bringing to our attention the urgent need to ask questions. I miss the continuation of the story, but love the discussion as it weaves it way through the midnight hours of what's left of the American (fitful) dream and  for that matter, what's left of Western Civilization.  

Imagine sitting in on a lamp lit, dark of night, discussion by Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and John Jay, before they scribbled "Publius" as their signature.... You have a seat at that table right now. Your thoughts have weight with the scribe. How far will your influence be felt by future generations?

Personal note:

Been away from this site for a while by deliberate choice, it was disappointing the bent of elective and selective thinking some members so stridently expressed (there's a pun in there somewhere).

Also, the solipsistic distortion of libertarian pretensions exposed by so many on popular culture in other threads was farcical to the point of insult (judgement is not bigotry, judgement is the logical conclusion of morals and ethics and if one cannot define either and how they relate to the situation, then one cannot rebut or explain oneself to the madman driven by emotion - you might as well argue with a banshee, all you'll get is fetid howling in your face). Kind of turned me off and turned me inward.

"Care for us! True, indeed! They ne'er cared for us yet: suffer us to famish, and their storehouses crammed with grain; make edicts for usury, to support usurers; repeal daily any wholesome act established against the rich, and provide more piercing statutes daily to chain up and restrain the poor. If the wars eat us not up, they will; and there's all the love they bear us.”

William Shakespeare, Coriolanus

View Quote
While we're on Coriolanus, might as well describe the Soldier:

"He carries noise, and behind him he leaves tears;

Death, that dark Spirit, in his nervy arm doth lie,

Which, being advanced, declines, and then men die."
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:13:19 PM EDT
[#26]

GENERAL NOTE: Checking in.  Two proof readers on standby over next month.  One

traveling, the other knows who he is.  Piddler's first cover material failed durability

test, finding other.  Book cover artifacts and mask assembled.  Still no control

critical element time.  And briefly, this is a key that I cannot unturn.  It will be

turned, but seems to require hydraulics.

--grywlf52, very pleased to see you and appreciate your patience, and the patience

of all....

--Radiohack, very good to see you.  "Publius" indeed.  A matter of scale, the implications

so alarming as to blacken all dreams: no other equivalent assembly of minds in human

history.  And the implications of their thoughts put into action, at the greatest of all

personal risk.  The Isaac Newtons of history, with the courage of Alexander.  "Sophistic distortion"

Radio I have no solution other than the nostrum that all must see/observe/describe/learn

at their own pace.  Absent impossible patience I would have disappeared into a high desert

long ago.  Random: this prose attracts the reflective.  Reflection requires solitude.  Solitude

restricts social discourse.  Absent social discourse no language populates.  We are warned.

I am warned.  Ah...and Shakespeare.  Freud before Freud, Jung before Jung...and still,

he needed, and managed, to entertain.

--Designated, Coriolanus/etc.--you guys are fffffing killing me.  How many of us are there????

Well...we shall see.

across the fourth
dimension, of time...." search (Kindle Single Injured Reserves)
Ok, back to work.
DCBourone

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:40:59 PM EDT
[#27]

GENERAL NOTE: Checking in.  Two proof readers on standby over next month.  One

traveling, the other knows who he is.  Piddler's first cover material failed durability

test, finding other.  Book cover artifacts and mask assembled.  Still no control

critical element time.  And briefly, this is a key that I cannot unturn.  It will be

turned, but seems to require hydraulics.

--grywlf52, very pleased to see you and appreciate your patience, and the patience

of all....

--Radiohack, very good to see you.  "Publius" indeed.  A matter of scale, the implications

so alarming as to blacken all dreams: no other equivalent assembly of minds in human

history.  And the implications of their thoughts put into action, at the greatest of all

personal risk.  The Isaac Newtons of history, with the courage of Alexander.  "Sophistic distortion"

Radio I have no solution other than the nostrum that all must see/observe/describe/learn

at their own pace.  Absent impossible patience I would have disappeared into a high desert

long ago.  Random: this prose attracts the reflective.  Reflection requires solitude.  Solitude

restricts social discourse.  Absent social discourse no language populates.  We are warned.

I am warned.  Ah...and Shakespeare.  Freud before Freud, Jung before Jung...and still,

he needed, and managed, to entertain.

--Designated, Coriolanus/etc.--you guys are fffffing killing me.  How many of us are there????

Well...we shall see.

across the fourth dimension, of time...." search (Kindle Single Injured Reserves)

Ok, back to work.

DCBourone

View Quote
Good to see you brother.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:01:16 PM EDT
[#28]
DC Bourone: "Reflection requires solitude. Solitude
restricts social discourse. Absent social discourse no language populates. We are warned."

That's quite an observation; and true.

Food for thought DC. Thanks for that.

Keep on.

Link Posted: 5/13/2016 2:55:21 AM EDT
[#29]
DC.

Hurry

up.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#30]

PFF et al. present.  Time short.  Perfect enemy of good, etc.  Interesting times, etc.

If it helps at all, everyone here has a pretty highly adapted story sense.

Clearly, 'the end is nigh.'

We've got over 500 pages by Amazon count, right here.

Final is floating around 570 plus, depending on edit.

PFF, standby.

If/when control time, will become more professional, or more perfectionist.

We shall see.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 12:48:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Time: (noun) -- That Universal Construct that keeps Everything from happening All At Once!

Time, being a Natural Force, Cannot (and will not lightly suffer the fool who tries) be controlled by us Mere Mortals.  

That being said Oh Wizard of Words, Keep On Keepin' On!
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 11:37:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Much thanks, GreenGiant.

Yes time very very interesting.  Matter of scale, like so many things.  Two months in one place...a blur,

a blink, a few exhalations, a few stamps here and there.  

One hour at this computer, at yes very fucking dark thirty....a century or two, and two words and

a comma to show for it.

Oscar Wilde "I wrote today.  This morning, I put a comma in.  Tonight, I will take it out."
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Wishing you well DC.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 8:59:50 AM EDT
[#34]
there is no such thing as good writing... only good editing...
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 8:51:53 PM EDT
[#35]

GreenGiant, Mounger, Heron, et al., much thanks.  Comma hammer thumping, chisels cutting, very late at

night, when I'm home.

Heron, on writing/editing.....EXACTLY.  I think of it as 'curing'--can tell a 'cured' book/story versus--

'straight' writing on the first page or two.  Perfectly cured books very rare: Thomas Harris, John Le Carre,

Martin Cruz Smith, a few others.  A well cured book on periphery of this genre is "Station Eleven"--not much/zero

'combat'--but some deeply creepy psyche stuff in a post-plague world.  No zombies, etc.

Aaaaaannnnnd....back to work.  Well....not yet.  Soon.

DCB
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 1:05:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stimpsonjcat] [#36]

GreenGiant, Mounger, Heron, et al., much thanks.  Comma hammer thumping, chisels cutting, very late at
night, when I'm home.

Heron, on writing/editing.....EXACTLY.  I think of it as 'curing'--can tell a 'cured' book/story versus--
'straight' writing on the first page or two.  Perfectly cured books very rare: Thomas Harris, John Le Carre,
Martin Cruz Smith, a few others.  A well cured book on periphery of this genre is "Station Eleven"--not much/zero
'combat'--but some deeply creepy psyche stuff in a post-plague world.  No zombies, etc.

Aaaaaannnnnd....back to work.  Well....not yet.  Soon.

DCB
View Quote

<totally snipped to prevent wasting of DC's daylight, and because in the daylight the post made much less sense>
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 2:32:44 AM EDT
[#37]

--StimpsonJ I consider myself fairly adept at parsing complexity but will have to take considerable

time here to chart your layers.

--One thing I know for absolute certain:  I have not published a book yet.  I have not made 'a dime'--

--But I am almost certain, and almost is as far as I ever get ( only probabilities, never certainties ) that

I/we/this is the most astute collection of readers/commenters I have ever seen on any blog/forum/board/

thread....ever.  And I've been looking pretty hard, for five years now.

--Very good to see you, St.

--Ok, home, got a few hours.

DCB
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 7:43:02 AM EDT
[#38]
DC, good to see you.

Current events are quickly catching up to the story line. Interesting times we're living in.

Keep on
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 8:00:49 AM EDT
[#39]
anti archive bump.

Hope all is well DC!!
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#40]
This thread dried up like a popcorn fart.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 2:32:35 PM EDT
[#41]
General note: present.  not always in one place.  understand concerns.  not a full time writer.

Likelihood that I will drop a 500 page novel, or a life plan, is zero, short of death, death

unlikely. Do not have a static life or location.

Pfunkk--much thanks.

Lt/Beaker--much thanks as well.

Piddler if you are still around please check in.

Trapshooter--understood, very sorry.  Contrast: five years from now this slothful pace will be a distant

memory, and this thread will have over 1,000,000 looks/clicks, or I will be dead.

Will check in when I can.  Story is finished.  Blurb is finished ( several variations )  Cover is not finished.

Some editing/photoshopping remains.  Edit for hard copy remains.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 9:12:58 PM EDT
[#42]
We're still here man.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 4:20:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Still here also. Just checking in.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 7:17:08 AM EDT
[#44]

Designated, wingsnthings, much thanks.  Very much appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 7:48:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Still checking updates.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:59:37 AM EDT
[#46]
 yup, still around!
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:09:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Still here, waiting... Semi-patiently.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:58:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Yep, Still waiting with something between Patience and "Are we there yet??" from the back seat!  If necessary, it bet the boiler for the Steam Automatic Comma Hammer could be re-plumbed into a Cover Art Polisher to give enough power to buff the Cover Art to a high shine Most Rikki Tic!

Keep On Keepin' On DCB

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 3:07:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DCBourone] [#49]

Zoe17, Piddler, 2T2, ah edit, and now GreenGiant, much thanks.  Had to step away a bit since January, things looking a bit smoother now.

No promises.  If I can keep a beat here over next month, that is a GOOD SIGN.

Piddler very pleased to see you, I get to look at your silver dollar and leather book cover whenever at this desk--

and feel lame.

GENERAL NOTE: and no news to anyone here.  A warrior cult masquerading as a religion is no mystery, and never

was, a perfect thought meme, expressed and spread through rape, pillage, torture, conquest, and deceit for over a

thousand years, perfectly described by T.E.Lawrence and Churchill et al., now almost and about a century ago,

and many times before; so then, who so exquisitely and perfectly and diligently managed to delete what used to

be common knowledge, on the order of up is the opposite of down, and good, of evil, and wet, of dry?

The precise opposite of Librarians, who are obligated to remember EVERYTHING.  How clever and organized

and persistent the deleters have been these very many years.  Decades.  More?

It almost seems like...some kind of conspiracy.

No names here please, as you root around in dusty texts.  But like all great villains, they must brag among

themselves, and are easily found, and they throw very nice parties, where they congratulate themselves,

for tossing crumbs to peasants.

But surely such a thing is not possible.  I apologize.  Perhaps I need to shop more.  And remember less.  Yes.  That must

be it.  I need to go shopping.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:24:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DFARM] [#50]

Thanks for the discussion.
Page / 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top